Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Should We Drop Environment Targets Because of the Recession?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Should We Drop Environment Targets Because of the Recession? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should We Drop Environment Targets Because of the Recession?   Should We Drop Environment Targets Because of the Recession? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Kate P wrote:
On principle, the recession should be an opportunity for looking at ways of saving more money - while saving on emissions, not a get-out clause.

What was that thread where ibis lamented that the Irish don't plan? If we were any good as a nation, we'd be taking the recession by the balls rather than lamenting that we've been kicked in them (harder by the government than anyone).

In the last few days I've been finding the focus on lack to be quite depressing and I do not wish to be depressed. We are presented with an abundance of opportunities as a nation and apart from those who were in financial trouble before the budget or the recession, with individual opportunities to empower ourselves and help others to do the same. Nor do I wish to be entertained by daft banker jokes to lift the mood. What I would like to see is some proactivity, some enthusiasm and some get-up-and-go. Otherwise we'll find ourselves coasting obliviously through the depression and recession the same as we did through the celtic tiger times.

How about digging out this thread then? https://machinenation.forumakers.com/economy-business-and-finance-f8/ireland-s-biggest-economic-opportunities-2008-2020-t1153.htm?highlight=opportunities
Back to top Go down

Should We Drop Environment Targets Because of the Recession?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3