Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Massive empty space below page

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Massive empty space below page - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Have you got Paint open? You know Paint don't you - the Microsoft painting program? Why don't you open that? It'll be nice.

You're right - it is still there in the Homepage ...

You would like me to copy it on paint and paste onto this thread? Later I think.

Have we any way of backing up Machine Nation's threads?

Are they backed up in any way?

You can use PRTSCR to take an invisible photo of the screen you're looking at, when you click edit/paste in paint it will appear there. There's no need - just enjoy it yourself.

There's a utilities area which allows you to back up different parts of the forum - users, messages but I haven't used it yet. I asked Nessa a few things about but she didn't answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Alt + Prt Scr - only copies the active window

I copied it into paint but I couldn't upload it.

Great to see the void is back by the way. I might just reach out and... ...touch it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Great to see the void is back by the way. I might just reach out and... ...touch it...

But it might hurt you Zhou!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Alt + Prt Scr - only copies the active window

I copied it into paint but I couldn't upload it.

Aha! Save your file as a .jpg or .png then use the upload button here on this site.

The upload button is the one in the block of buttons with the red f on the white sheet next to the chain link. The upload button - or 'host' button is the little monitor with the floppy disk in front of it - 3 to the left of the red f for Flash.

That upload button will let you host the image here. Have you tried it yet? The address of the image it uploads will be in three and I always copy the bottom link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:22 pm

There's a link to an explanation here on our own site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:28 pm

High Fives all-round - Go Team

Massive empty space below page - Page 3 Temp11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Cool - I might use this as evidence for the forumotion people. It looks like the search button which I removed...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
High Fives all-round - Go Team

Massive empty space below page - Page 3 Temp11

That's also at the bottom of my massive page as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:37 pm

Is that thing on the bottom of the homepage or this thread or portal or all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Jesus it's gone is it? I threw a switch in the portal management module and voilá it's back to normal. I think.

There's a bug or two here and there in this place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Kate P wrote:
Does anyone else feel like a cartoon character that has fallen off the edge of the world and then poings back up (like a diver in reverse) when they automatically scroll down, realise the proximity of the abyss and then scroll back up again? I feel a bit like Wyle E Koyote dropping off some chunk of canyon and living tell another Acme tale. Great stuff. And it absolves me completely from having to make meaningful responses to intelligent questions about feed thingies in admin panels. It's great to be a cartoon superhero...
A good Ctrl-Alt-Del will fix it right up if you ask me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Well is it back to normal now or wha ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:59 pm

'Tis for me, thank you very much.

Though now I kind of miss it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:25 am

It's gone!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 am

johnfás wrote:
It's gone!!!

Indeed it is gone, john.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massive empty space below page   Massive empty space below page - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Massive empty space below page
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3