Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

G.A.A. season 2008

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Hopefully Tyrone will stuff Kerry in similar fashion. But any sort of Tyrone victory will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Bua do na Feasóga ar an Domhnach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Who is more likely to win? I profess no knowledge of GAA sports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 5:14 pm

I can't give you an objective analysis but I reckon Tyrone have been the better team this season and I can't abide them but I can tolerate them more than Kerry and their yapping who have not been anything like worthy champions this year. In short, Tír Eoghain by 5. But don't run down to Paddy Powers on that basis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 am

Too close to call Johnfás. For the first time iin years I just can`t call it. I`d go for Kerry but with no great confidence. Tyrone have a great team spirit and the better team manager which is counter-acted by the overall better quality of the Kerry footballers. I`d recommend watching it Johnfás on the basis that if cricket appeals to you the tactical battle ahead will be very interesting. I`d also recommend reading anything you can by or on Mickey Harte, the Tyrone manager. He`s brought the pyschological dimension in Gaelic games to a new level, as did Joe Kernan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 12:34 am

Being a Tryone native, I wish Tryone well but I just can't see how Tyrone will cope with Kerry player's individual talents. Mickey has done a marvellous job in getting the players to gel into a decent team. But decent teams don't win All-irelands. You need that something special or someone special to galvanise the play on the day. As a unit Tyrone can play impressively but they don't have a Cooper, for example, who can turn the game on a six pence.

I see Mickey didn't include Steven O'Neill on the team for Sunday. Probably just as well. He is the one person for Tyrone who could grab the game by the scruff of the neck but you can't penalise the other players who've been plugging away all year.

I'm well chuffed Tyrone made it into the final. Normally, at the beginning of every year I stick a €50 or so on Tyrone but didn't this year because O'Neill wasn't playing. Go figure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 11:58 pm

I just heard that John Devine's (Tyrone's Goalkeeper) father has died. God that is an awful kick just before one of the most important days of your life. As a Derry neighbour I'd like to pass my condolences to him and his family. If it were any other game than the All-Ireland final it would have been postponed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2008 12:02 am

Here's a photo I took last night at Croke Park just to get you all in the mood.

G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 Img_0019
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2008 12:09 am

Was absolutely going for Tyrone until I heard Adrian Logan on UTV saying that he thought the Red Hands would get stuck into Kerry's star. I'll swear he said it for a bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 am

I want to wish the Monaghan ladies the best on All-Ireland day. Up Ulster! jocolor However, my sister-in-law was talking to the team physio yesterday who said Monaghan would simply be destroyed! Some team spirit! Yerra, away with those negative vibes.

Also, congrats to the Tyrone minors who shaved as close contest. Again, I thought Mayo would take the day as their previous outing showed ever the slightest total advantage to the Mayo team. Old cliche, it's all on the day.

Anyway, hope the ladies bring another trophy over the border into Blaney today.

(Yeah, luke, yee hae a point. I just cringe when Logan opens his gob these days. I've always said that the commentators on the day shouldn't be supporters of their club or county. And Logan hasn't shipped that wee chip off his shoulder about Tyrone football. All Tyrone supporters know about the decades of slagging and no more so than from our Ulster neighbors. Some took it to heart and can't seem to let go. 'Tis only a game be the jeepers.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 pm

I see Westmeath are looking to get into the Ulster Hurling championship after being excluded from Leinster. What do ya reckon? Fáilte go Cúige Uladh a Iarmhí.

We'll be ten counties strong. We might mug Longford in a pincer movement and Louth still long to be back in their ancestral homeland. A twelve county Ulster.

Na hUltaigh Abú
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Why were they excluded Seathrún ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:28 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

They were left out when Antrim and Galway were voted into Leinster but Antrim still gets an automatic place in the Ulster Hurling Final if you can handle that. The rest of the teams in Ulster have to play for the other place in the final which could include Westmeath if the Ulster Council allow their application to play in the Ulster Championship
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:43 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

They were left out when Antrim and Galway were voted into Leinster but Antrim still gets an automatic place in the Ulster Hurling Final if you can handle that. The rest of the teams in Ulster have to play for the other place in the final which could include Westmeath if the Ulster Council allow their application to play in the Ulster Championship

Almost sorry I asked. All a bit head wrecking ... Galway in Leinster. Sad

Is this to try and even out the championship ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Both Galway and Antrim campaigned to get into Leinster to bring them to another level of hurling. It's ham fisted but it was Nicky Brennan's baby so he could look like he had taken a stand on something. Westmeath are apparently furious, rightly so, that they can't compete in their own provincial championship. It is to be reviewed after 3 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 pm

You mean it's not all over? I thought the All Ireland was the end of it. Dear God will it ever end?

I do a good bit of work in Westmeath - will the mileage go up if it makes it into Ulster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:53 pm

Kate P wrote:
You mean it's not all over? I thought the All Ireland was the end of it. Dear God will it ever end?

I do a good bit of work in Westmeath - will the mileage go up if it makes it into Ulster?

And they'd be more than welcome. They could do a tour of the northern lands like the Children of Lir(they lived in Westmeath for 300years in signet form) without the misery on the Moyle sea of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

G.A.A. season 2008
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4