Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

G.A.A. season 2008

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 am

Quote :
just think what it would be like for Wil-e-Coyote to catch the roadrunner

Terminal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:01 am

They could always draw another one......like Kilkenny could always win another one ....in some other century. I'm blacked and ambered out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:04 am

They're both in the final so, in those terms, they're equal. They've beaten just about the same number of counties this season so they have equal claim to this year's Liam McCarthy Cup. I know ten times as many Waterford people as I do Kilkenny and Kilkenny regard Croker as home ground, so I think it would be brilliant to see Waterford win it. Kilkenny can get their three-in-a-row in 2011.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
They're both in the final so, in those terms, they're equal. They've beaten just about the same number of counties this season so they have equal claim to this year's Liam McCarthy Cup. I know ten times as many Waterford people as I do Kilkenny and Kilkenny regard Croker as home ground, so I think it would be brilliant to see Waterford win it. Kilkenny can get their three-in-a-row in 2011.

Ah ..quit the equivocating,,,,,,spliff or get off the pot......the Déise or the curmudgeonly Cats? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:13 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ah ..quit the equivocating,,,,,,spliff or get off the pot......the Déise or the curmudgeonly Cats? Wink

G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 Waterford_map

Abú! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:20 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 Waterford_map

Abú! Very Happy

G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 Port_l10

Ba bhreá liom féachaint ar Ken Mc Grath le bonn uile-Éireann ina ghlaic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Oh dear God......... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:42 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

I think even God would be struggling against the Cats today

Awesome - absolutely awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Edo wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

I think even God would be struggling against the Cats today

Awesome - absolutely awesome

Remarkable stickwork, transponder fitted sliotair, machine tooled concentration, utter ruthlessness, unmerciless tackling, infuriatingly constant, indefatigable confidence from 1 to , I would hazard a guess, 70. Cody should be managing the country, eh, well scratch the last one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Well bye bye davey fitz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Laughing tee hee Mc Garry ruined the moment by lettin in a doofer Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:01 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Was probably told to let it in as a bit of charity - it was the only shot that Waterford had on the goal all day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Cill Chainnigh 3-30 Port Láirge 1-13

That's what will stand out when people flick through the archives

Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 pm

Edo wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Was probably told to let it in as a bit of charity - it was the only shot that Waterford had on the goal all day

Amazing performance by Kilkenny. 70 minutes of hurling excellence. The destruction of a good Waterford team was merciless. Nobody could have lived with Kilkenny today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Edo wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Amazing performance by Kilkenny. 70 minutes of hurling excellence. The destruction of a good Waterford team was merciless. Nobody could have lived with Kilkenny today.

Destruction is the word. I don't see this particular Waterford team recovering from that......they're didn't appear to be a team at the end....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Waterford lost because Eoghan Harris declared his support for them this morning......if he has your back you're cursed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:44 pm

WOW!!!! Five in a row? Ten in a row? How many do they want? Getting the three in a row monkey off their back could liberate them and make them even better. The mind boggles. Not alone do Kilkenny beat teams but they finish them off so that they won`t be a threat to them in years to come Offaly, Wexford, Waterford. All buried at crossroads in coffins made of garlic.

Regarding Eoghan Harris did he switch horses over and back again during the match?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:00 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
WOW!!!! Five in a row? Ten in a row? How many do they want? Getting the three in a row monkey off their back could liberate them and make them even better. The mind boggles. Not alone do Kilkenny beat teams but they finish them off so that they won`t be a threat to them in years to come Offaly, Wexford, Waterford. All buried at crossroads in coffins made of garlic.

Regarding Eoghan Harris did he switch horses over and back again during the match?

I wasn't keeping tabs on him as much as that but I wouldn't rule out multiple equine interchange......he'll probably find a childhood in Kilkenny .......Brian Cody will be reccomended as head of a select group/junta of the pure......."and if the despotic Irish gentry had followed my advice in 1641 and killed themselves instead of Protestants,blah ,blah, blah...............as I have always said to myself when no one was there" blah, blah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Did you notice that Cha Fitzpatrick didn`t mention the murder of 12,000 Irish Protestants in 1641 in his acceptance speech? Says something about the man doesn`t it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:23 pm

he's probably a hush puppie neanderthal........with a name like Fitzpatrick he should remember his Norman roots and not pander to anti-imperial interests....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm

No, it`s even worse than that. Fitzpatrick is a Gaelic surname that secretly took the Fitz. It`s Mac Giolla Phádraig in Irish. His answers were among the first in the country to use Guerrilla warfare against the Normans. More sneakiness couldn`t even come out and fight them in a way that`d suit the Normans. He also didn`t move from the home of his ancestors. A sure sign of indolence!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:34 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
No, it`s even worse than that. Fitzpatrick is a Gaelic surname that secretly took the Fitz. It`s Mac Giolla Phádraig in Irish. His answers were among the first in the country to use Guerrilla warfare against the Normans. More sneakiness couldn`t even come out and fight them in a way that`d suit the Normans. He also didn`t move from the home of his ancestors. A sure sign of indolence!

"How dare you let one's ignorance get in the way of one expressing one's self"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 pm

There's hardly a car moving in Kilkenny this evening. The whoopings are merging into a strange sound like whale song. There will be some sore heads there tomorrow. At least they are not blasé about their big moments.

Last edited by cactus flower on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Mo leithscéal a Sheathrúin. Embarassed Imagine being a Waterford fan, or player, driving home through that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 pm

I would be thoroughly displeased and if I was rampaging drunk with a firearm , welll.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.A.A. season 2008   G.A.A. season 2008 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

G.A.A. season 2008
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next