Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Looking for some friendly advice.......

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am

Kate P wrote:
I'm still a bit bedazzled by the speed of it all. Only three pages ago the house was on sale - and now it's gone and so is he.

Three pages ago was in August. He had a reasonable asking price so it would've sold at some point between now and then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Have you tried THIS Seathrún ?

All the best Johnny. Pop in for some tea when you get to Spain ..

As outside of the Little Englands which punctuate the coastline you'll be hard-pressed to find a good cup of tea in that coffee-benighted region of the world.

He could try here: http://www.la-teteria.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 1:43 am

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Have you tried THIS Seathrún ?

All the best Johnny. Pop in for some tea when you get to Spain ..

As outside of the Little Englands which punctuate the coastline you'll be hard-pressed to find a good cup of tea in that coffee-benighted region of the world.

He could try here: http://www.la-teteria.com/

He could, but I'd be provisioning myself with a stockpile of Lyon's, Barry's and Tetley's etc. I don't trust tea south of the Channel islands.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 2:23 am

So, to reiterate Seathrún's earlier concern , is it now a whole page since we heard from Johnny ?

Ard, we can only hope that Johnny brought a box of tea with him to the land of tea blasphemy. If we hear not from Johnny in 2 more pages, we need to consider an air tea drop directly into Spain, regardless of diplomatic fallout .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:01 am

So, to reiterate Seathrún's earlier concern , is it now a whole page since we heard from Johnny ?

Ard, we can only hope that Johnny brought a box of tea with him to the land of tea blasphemy. If we hear not from Johnny in 2 more pages, we need to consider an air tea drop directly into Spain, regardless of diplomatic fallout .

Howdy folks, I've got a few minutes of free time so I thought I would check in.

I'm in Dublin for a couple of days. I had driven to Spain last week with all our stuff (and the two cats) and I drove back over the last couple of days.
Left Malaga at 10am on monday and arrived in Dublin at 6pm last night. 8 hours sleep over 3 days, two ferry trips. 2900 miles in 8 days.
Epic, eh?

I reckon I'm a fully fledged, hardcore Jedi Knight at this stage. Cool

I have'nt been geeting the news intraveniously like you guys. Its a bit of blessing, to be honest. No Shoes, No News.
Found a smashing little house in the mountain village of Frigiliana, in Andalucia.

http://www.frigiliana.es/_portal/turismo-fotos_calles.html

remember the Christy Moore song;
Some people climb a mountain,
some people jump in a lake,
some head off to Frigiliana,
but I head down to Lisdoonvarna.

€500 a month for a nice house with three bedrooms and a nice roof terrace overlooking the mountains and the Med.

Fcuk it, lads; I could sit out the Great Depression here for a year or two.

Anyways if I get a couple of snaps I'll post them up.

Be good,

J.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:10 am

Johnny Keogh wrote:

Howdy folks, I've got a few minutes of free time so I thought I would check in.

I'm in Dublin for a couple of days. I had driven to Spain last week with all our stuff (and the two cats) and I drove back over the last couple of days.
Left Malaga at 10am on monday and arrived in Dublin at 6pm last night. 8 hours sleep over 3 days, two ferry trips. 2900 miles in 8 days.
Epic, eh?

I reckon I'm a fully fledged, hardcore Jedi Knight at this stage. Cool

I have'nt been geeting the news intraveniously like you guys. Its a bit of blessing, to be honest. No Shoes, No News.
Found a smashing little house in the mountain village of Frigiliana, in Andalucia.

http://www.frigiliana.es/_portal/turismo-fotos_calles.html

remember the Christy Moore song;
Some people climb a mountain,
some people jump in a lake,
some head off to Frigiliana,
but I head down to Lisdoonvarna.

€500 a month for a nice house with three bedrooms and a nice roof terrace overlooking the mountains and the Med.

Fcuk it, lads; I could sit out the Great Depression here for a year or two.

Anyways if I get a couple of snaps I'll post them up.

Be good,

J.
We're happy that you're happy, hope it all works out for you and yours. I stayed in a villa in the campo near Benalmadena Pueblo last year, I can understand why people might want to live in Andalusia permanently! Beautiful place and sedate way of life, although I kind of like the rain myself. Don't tire yourself driving too much in one go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:19 am

500 a month JK? Imagine paying 400 with the only drawback of having some fella in a tent in your back garden.

Is the mountain stream water fresh? Enjoy the patas negras
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:33 am

I cant give too much info on the house yet; I've only slept in it for three nights so far.
I've slept in my ford transit more than I have in Spain.
I moved out of my old house out in Donabate about 3 weeks ago and have been "of no fixed abode" ever since.

I fly back to Spain on saturday morning...

One way... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:11 am

Great stuff, Johnny. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:24 am

Kate P wrote:
Great stuff, Johnny. Smile

Thanks Kate P. You too played your part with the redrafting of the wording for the blogsite on the house. There is a bed free if you in the area.
Actually there is a few beds free for short stays. I'm thinking of a family/friends special rate of about €10-€15 per room per night. Just to cover breakfast and the bit of electricity.
Its a small town so a maximum of about 3/4 nights would be enough to explore.

I'll spend this summer testing it out on my extended family and then grow it from there to friends and blogmates.

In my opinion people do not like to impose on you so very few end up visiting.
I reckon by putting a price (low) on the visit, this eliminates that arkwardness about freeboating in someones house.
Now you are paying a tenner or €15 for a room for the night including breaky, suddenly its a great value package and worth taking up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:45 am

Tea is no problem but here is something you wont see everyday;

Its 11pm at night and I'm gasping for a cuppa cha-la.

Bollix; no milk; says I.

No prob; says she.

Waltzes out to the back garden and pulls a fkin lemon of the tree. Shocked

Teas nice with some suger and a squeeze of lemon. I love you , says she.

really?, says I, Is that legal?

Dont know, says she, but its natural....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Hola Johnny

Sounds like you are in the right place.

sunny

Sun shining?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Sounds like you are having a great time Johnny. You got out in the nick of time and hopefully will be able to come home at the right time as well... thus getting you a fantastic few years away!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for some friendly advice.......
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4