Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Looking for some friendly advice.......

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:27 am

cactus flower wrote:
Well done, Johnny. That's exciting news. If you can hang on to the quid for a while and rent you should be able to buy something nice in Spain. Oh, those lovely sunny winters by the sea Surprised

Do you know the online newspaper "Sur in English" -it is a good read to keep up with Spanish news. Which part will you go to?

I have Sur in english bookmarked so I'm keeping myself informed. I'm off to a very small town called Frigilliana.

"Some climb a mountain,
some jump in a lake,
some head off to Frigilliana,
but I head down to Lisdoonvarna....." Christy Moore.

Its in the Seirra Almijara mountain range about 1 hours drive east of Malaga and about 20 minutes from the coast at Nerja.

Watch words for the next 12 months will be "Health & Education". Swimming and Walking most days and Spanish lessons five days a week for 6 months in the local institutio Cervates. I'll be living hand to mouth for a year but when the sun is shining, the mountains are calling, who cares...... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 am

Nice spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 am

Respvblica wrote:
Just noticed this. I expect spanish prices to continue going down and down. Anyway now is a good time to buy. Perhaps a year down the line will be even better - who knows.

Spain is great really. Mind theres practically no law and order here, unless you are unlucky to meet the remnants of the Francoist state - the Guardia Civil.
I'm in the Alicante area and while I dont know how things are in Andalucia let me know if you have any questions or if i can help in any way. Basically the key to Spain is to be "enchufado". Auditor will know what I mean.

Great. Thanks for the offer. I'll be online here too so I will post any strange things. Right now I'm just looking forward to a new start. It'll be mad for the next few months but I will keep you all posted I hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 am

Johnny Keogh wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
Just noticed this. I expect spanish prices to continue going down and down. Anyway now is a good time to buy. Perhaps a year down the line will be even better - who knows.

Spain is great really. Mind theres practically no law and order here, unless you are unlucky to meet the remnants of the Francoist state - the Guardia Civil.
I'm in the Alicante area and while I dont know how things are in Andalucia let me know if you have any questions or if i can help in any way. Basically the key to Spain is to be "enchufado". Auditor will know what I mean.

Great. Thanks for the offer. I'll be online here too so I will post any strange things. Right now I'm just looking forward to a new start. It'll be mad for the next few months but I will keep you all posted I hope.

No probs. Sometimes I'm dead busy and dont post for days, so send a post or something if you need to know anything.

Qué tengas mucha suerte en España!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:47 am

Frigiliana and Malaga are cool. Keep posting Johnny, post away in Spanish and all, we'll be wanting your news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:48 am

Malaga is a nice spot, hoping to get out there before Christmas. Although it will be to Fuengirola which is not quite as lush as Malaga. Free accommodation though - God bless the Granny and her bargain spotting 20 odd years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:53 am

Johnny Keogh wrote:
Respvblica wrote:

Are you in La Tierra de los Tortillas Grandes now johnny keogh ? Where are you ? Somewhere south of Granada ?

Buenos noches hasta mañana
Nos vamos a la cama ..

Sorry, Las tortillas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Johnny Keogh wrote:
Respvblica wrote:

Are you in La Tierra de los Tortillas Grandes now johnny keogh ? Where are you ? Somewhere south of Granada ?

Nos vamos a la cama ..

Ah the loonies/lunnis. You didnt bring up kids in Spain did you Auditor?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 am

Respvblica wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Johnny Keogh wrote:
Respvblica wrote:

Nos vamos a la cama ..

Ah the loonies. You didnt bring up kids in Spain did you Auditor?

Um no. You did it seems though. Spanish kids eh - full of life and possessing the hoarsest of voices from the age of 5 as if they'd already smoked 10,000 cigarettes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 am

They pretty much have, Auditor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:49 am

Johnny Keogh wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Perhaps you could write a best selling handbook on how to sell your house in a recession ?

Well Cactus, I've done it; by lowering the asking price.

I got a buyer at €400,000 today and its propably as good as it gets in the current climate.
So I'm off to the sun for a few years come January.
I worked thru the last recession when all my mates emigrated. This time its my turn but at least I'll have a few quid in my pocket. Smile

Hasta la Vista, baby......

Comhgairdgeas a Sheáin, beir bua agus tabhair aire sa Spáinn. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Johnny Keogh wrote:
I got a buyer at €400,000 today and its propably as good as it gets in the current climate.
Surprised That's not good, that's brilliant.
Well done Johnny!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 pm

johnfás wrote:
They pretty much have, Auditor.

Probably by breathing their parents second hand smoke. The midwives in Spain still say its ok to cut down to 5 a day and consequently you still see a lot of pregnant mothers smoking which is risable..and sad as well.

Auditor, no lunnies in my house. Only English speaking cartoons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:06 pm

This is my last post for alittle while.
I'm about to unplug the PC, have a cup of tea, and lock the front door.

I'm off to live in Spain on Sunday but I will be keeping in touch once I settle in.

Best of luck to all at Machine Nation. I'll send you a photo of the sunburnt PD in due course. Smile

Sláinte....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Have you a flat screen telly you're not taking with you?

.....Good luck Johnny.....Ádh mór
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:12 pm

Best of luck Johnny - you lucky git!

Hope all goes well for you and have a safe journey over.

Edo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Anybody have any idea how Johnny is getting on in Spain? I havn't heard from him in 2 posts
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Have you tried THIS Seathrún ?

All the best Johnny. Pop in for some tea when you get to Spain ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:22 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Good one. Heats the other room and space for a dodge sat. box below. Where did I put that handle for my sledge?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Johnny Keogh wrote:
This is my last post for alittle while.
I'm about to unplug the PC, have a cup of tea, and lock the front door.

I'm off to live in Spain on Sunday but I will be keeping in touch once I settle in.

Best of luck to all at Machine Nation. I'll send you a photo of the sunburnt PD in due course. Smile

Sláinte....

Cheers Johnny - the best of luck in Spain cheers - keep in touch

Oléééééé !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:56 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

As outside of the Little Englands which punctuate the coastline you'll be hard-pressed to find a good cup of tea in that coffee-benighted region of the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 pm

johnfás wrote:
If you had timed it really well you could probably have sold here, moved there for a couple of years, moved back and bought your house back again and still made a profit Smile.

jaysus, johnfas, are we not in enough trouble without you telling people to short sell their houses?????????? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 pm

House prices in Spain are projected to go down by two thirds. Johnny won't need to come back. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

we should light a candle in the place formerly occupied by Johnny Keogh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm still a bit bedazzled by the speed of it all. Only three pages ago the house was on sale - and now it's gone and so is he.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some friendly advice.......   Looking for some friendly advice....... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for some friendly advice.......
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next