Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Comments and Feedback

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Comments and Feedback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
We could do with a new poll on the portal page.

Which one will it be and we'll put a new one upto night

Put "Will this Dáil see a full term?" up on the poll panel on the Portal page, please. We can have a good discussion of the likelihood on the thread started to have that poll.

Also, the picture of the day would look better on the right-hand-side, not the left. It doesn't look aesthetically pleasing on the left.

Ok I've done that with the pictures and I created a ranty poll for some people's perusal prior to presenting it to the populace here.

As we are updating the portal now, I wonder should we have a permanent effort at a poll on the face? Do we need a permanent link to the polls? I think we might if it's a poll you can change... maybe a link next to the newsfeed buttons might be an idea ...

Quote :
When does the Dail term end?
4 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:48 pm

I've got the answer and I'm going to post it on the poll thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:00 pm

That's 4 more years. The Dáil term, God love us, is 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:12 pm

A formal vote of thanks to Auditor #9 and EvotingMachine0917 for the fantastic job done on the Home Page.

cheers cheers cheers

Some threads have been moved into the most relevant forum. If you can't find a thread, try the search facility (use a key word from the thread title) or pm me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Another thing ##test##   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:48 pm

cactus flower wrote:
A formal vote of thanks to Auditor #9 and EvotingMachine0917 for the fantastic job done on the Home Page.

cheers cheers cheers

Some threads have been moved into the most relevant forum. If you can't find a thread, try the search facility (use a key word from the thread title) or pm me.

Another thing about the search facility.

You can give each post a title which is also found by the search function - ##test## is on this one above. This title can be entered when you

Quote someone

It cannot be done immediately with the Quick Reply but you can edit your post later to give it a title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Like This ?   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Like this ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 pm

I like the new "picture of the day" thing on the portal.
Very nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:51 pm

eoinmn wrote:
I like the new "picture of the day" thing on the portal.
Very nice.
And your blog is very nice too Wink (it's EVMs idea )

For a minute there Carlow looked like Venice...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
And your blog is very nice too
Embarassed
Haven't posted in friggin ages.
And actually, it is not supposed to have that black theme.. I was just showing someone how to change WP themes and I didn't go back to the old orange one.
Hmm... maybe I'll leave it.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:57 pm

eoinmn wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
And your blog is very nice too
Embarassed
Haven't posted in friggin ages.
And actually, it is not supposed to have that black theme.. I was just showing someone how to change WP themes and I didn't go back to the old orange one.
Hmm... maybe I'll leave it.

I'd leave that theme Eoin. Clear and monochromatic are in vogue this year.. The images provide all the colour punctuation necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Home page perfect, Portal getting lovelier by the day !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Cool eh? The picture is taking ages to load. Must be something to do with broadband, whatever that is.

Comments and Feedback - Page 2 Machin11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Why isn't this feckin yoke loading?
Comments and Feedback - Page 2 Mntallco3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 am

Could that YouTube clip on the right-hand-side of the portal be reduced in size? It's distorting that column and detracting from readability.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:44 am

My main beef with the portal is the length. There is no reason to have that many Latest Threads showing IMO. We could afford to cut it down to about half that size. We could also try to fill the two side columns, Though I'm not sure what with.

Just my two cents, it's lovely really of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 am

Is that better with the youtube video? It's very easy to cut down the latest threads .. here we go ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is that better with the youtube video? It's very easy to cut down the latest threads .. here we go ...

It looks fabulous now that the YouTube video has been cropped. Go raibh míle a Reachtaire!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 am

evercloserunion wrote:
My main beef with the portal is the length. There is no reason to have that many Latest Threads showing IMO. We could afford to cut it down to about half that size. We could also try to fill the two side columns, Though I'm not sure what with.

Just my two cents, it's lovely really of course Very Happy

Three latest threads would be enough I agree. Could the little bit of white space at the bottom of the columns then be filled up with blue? I wouldn't like to get rid of the political parties stuff because party members put it on the site. We need to get the pds up before they disappear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:49 am

Three !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:50 am

How much of a pain in the hole is that ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 am

Is that scrolling annoying ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 am

I've just had a good look at it and it is really lovely - had no broadband and house too well insulated Evil or Very Mad to use the 3G except standing on one leg while hanging out the window and when it did barely connect it wouldn't load the portal here - maybe the volume of stuff (great pics and graphs and stuff) just got it down. Well done on the hard work - it does look great. A body can do just about anything and find just about anything from that page. Watch out google...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:52 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
How much of a pain in the hole is that ? Very Happy

Auditor #9 you s*** and S** you know what we meant - not the latest discussion - the bits of latest threads at the bottom..... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:54 am

Ah gotcha - I really didn't know. It's down to 5 - will I cut it down to 4?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 am

Actually I was talking about the latest discussion bit at the top. It should be shorter but not three threads. Maybe half the size it is now. As for the actual latest threads, 3 or 4 would be a good number I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Feedback   Comments and Feedback - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comments and Feedback
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next