Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers Empty
PostSubject: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri May 16, 2008 1:01 pm

This thread is for the perusal of irish speakers and particularly the portion at the end regarding posting bilingually in forums and threads. Please have a look at it and let us know what you think.

Cactus you may edit this thread heading as you wish to make it more communicative...

Quote :
Message to New Members

You are welcome and will abide by the Charter lest ye be flung into the outer darkness. The Charter being in essence 'Love your neighbour's Machinery as you do your own and have patience that the person with whom you are communicating still has a lower grade mobile phone than you.'
Enjoy your stay here - there is plenty to do and to be done so if you feel like rolling up your sleeves then you are welcome but if you want to relax then there are all sorts of places and bars here to do your R&R in.

Welcome to Machine Nation from the Editorial Team

Machine Nation is a community of members with curiosity about the processes going on in politics, in technology, in ecological systems and in human social systems. The Machine Nation forum is open for discussion, debate and sharing information.

Knowledge can be very powerful and effective in confronting the world and that's where fora and the ‘real’ world can dovetail. Members have and express differing opinions. MN posters share and develop knowledge through argument or dialogue in a collective spirit of problem-solving. Fun and play can lead to learning and understanding too and are part of life in Machine Nation.

Posters are encouraged to behave with manners and to treat their fellow posters and others as they would like to be treated themselves. Please only post as fact what is true and back it up with your sources through links and quotes. Remember everyone has a right to their good reputation unless proven to the contrary.

Machine Nation is a Nation of sorts, and we are all citizens, which means we all have a duty to make it a place worth living. Members are all asked take part in developing, improving and maintaining the Site. Members are all asked take part in developing, improving and maintaining the Site and there will be interim(?) review sessions of the Charter, Site and Moderation Policy to which members will be invited to participate in order to keep the site policies relevant(?) applicable and appropriate. Members need to remember that they are responsible for what they write on the site, whether under their own name or an assumed one. Members are required to respect the rights of others.

Site Moderation

All members are asked to stick to site policy, to moderate themselves and to advise the Moderators by pressing the complaint button or by private message if they are concerned about any post.
All members are asked to stick to site policy, to moderate themselves and to advise the Moderators by private message if they are concerned about any post.
In instances of challenges to and compromise of site policy, moderators will be required to consult with members of the Editorial team first by private message before they address issues with another member or members. In the event of Editorial team members not being present, moderators will use their discretion to maintain integrity of site policy.
• Moderators (Mods) aim to be as consistent, fair and unrestrictive as they can.
• Moderation aims to allow difference to co-exist and ideas be thrashed out without anyone being made to feel small: Mods do not take sides in a debate.
• Mods may advise on tidy links, lists, video embeds and so on if requested by private message.
• Disruptive behavior or provocation for provocation’s sake is discouraged and if continued may lead to banning.
• Mods should not moderate a dispute in which they are taking part.
• Mods may take any action which they deem appropriate (at their absolute discretion) to preserve the ethos of the site or to avoid any possible legal action. In the event of dispute, the decision of the Editorial Team is final.

Rules and legal

• Members agree to take full responsibility for their own comments and to hold Machine Nation and all other individuals connected with Machine Nation harmless against any loss, liability, costs or expenses arising from any such comments. Members post all comments at their sole risk to the fullest extent possible at law.
• Good manners, helpfulness and consideration between posters is encouraged
• Differences in opinion are not to be used as a reason to insult or belittle other members.
• Bullying or threatening other posters is not allowed.
• Stating or repeating anything without proof which may injure someone’s reputation is not allowed.
• Incitement to hatred or discrimination based on factors such as gender, politics, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. is not allowed.
• Members may not post images or text that is exploitative, crude or 'x-rated' in nature.
• If you post text, photos, or other media, you must make sure it isn’t protected by copyright. For written posts, a short quote, stating where it is from, and a link to the source is best.
• Please do not give legal, business or other professional advice as this may possibly expose you and the site to legal action.
• Please don’t publish tips on specific shares unless based on published information.
• Do not place any ‘inside’ or unpublished information on legal cases on the site.
• Members must not place spam advertisements on the site. If in doubt ask a Mod.
• Threatening anybody with legal action, directly or indirectly, is a banning offence
• Members may only have one account/identity.
• Publishing (or threatening to publish) members’ identities or personal information without their permission is a banning offence
• Impersonating another real individual or using another poster's identity is a banning offence.

Good Posting

• Before posting a new thread - check carefully if there is already a thread on the subject.
• When you start a new thread, give it a brief heading that says what it is about.
• Back up your argument with facts: add links to back- up data.
• If posting on someone else's thread, read back over the posts and stick to the original point.
• Use the clearest wording you can
• Avoid name calling, as it undermines debate and, further to points of belittlement and bullying already referred to, members will be required to reflect that they are encouraged to avoid expressions of anger, intolerance and impatience when addressing one another as primarily we are here to assess and analyze information, not one another. In the case of severe personal intolerance of a member who is otherwise broadly accepted you may use the 'friend or foe' function found in your profile to avoid contact with that member.
• If in doubt, count to at least 30 and think again before you post.
• if you have a specific problem with a poster, pm a mod.
• Please do not quote previous posts unnecessarily in the interests of readability.
• Please don’t use animated avatars as they are a visual distraction in threads.

Language Policy

A suggestion for your/general opinion
Machine Nation aspires to be a bilingual English-Irish site but many members don't have much Irish. Machine Nation encourages learning and practice of different languages. All threads in Machine Nation are deemed bilingual unless the person starting the thread indicates in the title line that the thread is English, Irish or any other language only. Whichever language a thread is opened in will be the assumed default language of the entire thread but it should not be inappropriate for posters to use expressions, quotes or engage in exchanges in any other language for illustrative purposes or to add colour, interest or humour to the thread; ultimately the thread should return to and continue in the default opening language, to preserve and promote a sense of thread wholeness and consistency. Members should help with translations of posts when requested. Members should alert Mods to any non-English post that may present a legal problem.

Enjoy posting !

Last edited by cactus flower on Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cf - to invite Irish speakers to mull this over)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri May 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Well, have been all around the garden discussing different good ideas for Irish - English use on this site, and back again.Very Happy
There is a feeling from many on the site that both languages should be used and intermingled but there is a minority that needs to be respected who have reservations about feeling cut out due to lack of Irish or another language.

Perhaps we have reached a point where much more discussion would not be fruitful (we may never reach 100% perfect agreement) and we need to agree something that will be O.K. to try out for a while. Then maybe after a month or so we will adjust if things need adjustment?

You have been invited to this session because it is important to MN that Irish speakers can post in the language of their choice at all times and that that is only limited if absolutely necessary for legal reasons of the good of the site members. Your views are eagerly requested.

The main results we are looking for IMHO are

1 that we don't get MN sued - so whatever languages we use have to be modded, and
2 that everyone feels comfortable using the site.

Other questions for Irish speakers on the site are - who should do Irish modding ( on Irish and mixed threads ) and who would be willing to be a translator, if pmd by a member who wants to understand an Irish post?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:24 am

Hi, first and foremost, thanks for including me in the group, it's good that we're discussing this issue as it seems like it isn't resolve to everyone's content... i don't think it will be either so maybe a trial basis as CF suggested is appropriate for whatever we choose.

I'd be more partial to the previous 'All threads in Machine Nation are deemed bilingual unless
the person starting the thread indicates in the title line that the
thread is English, Irish or any other language only'
line as appropriate for the charter... in my it's my honest opinion that it's not a change in language that would throw off a thread but rather someone posting something irrelevant to the issue in either language.

Quote :

1 that we don't get MN sued - so whatever languages we use have to be modded, and
I think there's enough Irish speakers here to spot something suspect fairly quickly, and our loyalty is to Machine Nation, not to a troll... even if they are using God's language Razz But ya, I don't think there's a problem that way... I'd certainly say it to a mod if i saw something and i'm sure the others would.

Quote :
2 that everyone feels comfortable using the site.
That's a trickier one I suppose... I do realise, as has been mentioned, that some people might feel uncomfortable with Irish in a thread that has hitherto been as Béarla, but all I can speak from is my own perspective... and that is that most people seem happy to see the Irish anyway, even if they don't understand it.. and that if I saw a post in German on a thread it wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable... I'd see if I could make out the gist (I have absolutely no German by the way) and if I couldn't I'd move onto the next post... there's no harm in language changing within a thread in my opinion but I know others mightn't share that view so I'm eager to see how this discussion ends up.

Auditor, I can see why you've proposed the method you have of keeping a thread in the language that the first post is in, but I think I'd take the view of either language in a thread being suitable.. it'd be interesting to discuss but I think by restricting threads to their first post's language, Irish wont be as prevalent around the site as most threads are started in english and threads restricted to irish only will get significantly less views and hinder posters from contributing to the thread in question. I think it'd decrease Irish language input into the site (not a threat by the way Razz) and so I wouldn't be in favour of it... coupled with this, I think if we took a poll of whether people would be thrown off if the thread suddenly had an irish post (which could have english as the next post of course) then it'd be a very small minority who said that they would be (i have one particular poster in mind... but i wont turn this into a childish session Smile).

I don't think there's any harm in using different languages in one thread (and for arguments sake we could include German in this, as some posters have this and I don't). People can skip over posts, ask what they mean etc. it adds colour and something different and nice to the site I think anyway. When I consider that, with the problems I think will come about if the default language=first post suggestion is implimented as i said above, then I don't see any reason for a different requirement than that we're allowed use whatever language, provided we submit a translation if requested.

Those are my views but I'm well aware that others might see it differently so I'm eager to watch how this thread develops. Smile

Oh, and cactus - you can put me down as a 'translator' if you wish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:30 am

Thanks Buachaillbeo. I have had a slightly dotty notion, since this started and as a result of Audi's colour coding, that someone who wants English only or Irish only spoken to them could be colour coded - if you look at the member's list you would see what I mean - purple cld. be english say, orange oops green could be Irish and so on.
What do you think? would everyone forget and get confused?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:36 am

Yes, I think people would forget and be confused. If posters are happy to translate key phrases as they go, it should be an opportunity for everyone to enjoy any language. I'm glad to learn a bit of Irish and teach a bit of German. If Audi would splash out on some Spanish I'd happily pick that up too. There are times when I don't get all of an Irish post but it doesn't get in the way of me enjoying the site.

The translate-as-you-go method appeals to me most and Buachaill Beo has been doing a fine job of adding glossaries to his Irish posts so a non-Gaelgóir can patch together the main points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:41 am

Would key words do Kate? Buachaillbeo is brilliant with the translations but not everyone would have his patience?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks BuachaillBeo. Seathrún is here with a similar opinion so that's two or three of you.

I'd keep a thread largely monolingual for the reasons you said and somehow it seems just handy too. But you make a good point that there's no harm in a thread going into a different language - especially here on an Irish website - as long as the topic of the thread is kept. It'd be interesting to see the situation where that would arise, though not at all unusual here given all our eccentricities.

There will be a transitional time for all of us non fluent speakers to build up exposure to the language again but ultimately it would be a personal dream for me to be able to seamlessly read in both languages and indeed maybe we should make it an aim of the site - for people to make the effort to gradually build up their comprehension of irish and ultimately aim for that point where a thread can be bilingual and no one would really pay much attention to the fact that it was... that might seem like an impossible ambition but you have to aim for something in the future sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 11:53 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Thanks BuachaillBeo. Seathrún is here with a similar opinion so that's two or three of you.

I'd keep a thread largely monolingual for the reasons you said and somehow it seems just handy too. But you make a good point that there's no harm in a thread going into a different language - especially here on an Irish website - as long as the topic of the thread is kept. It'd be interesting to see the situation where that would arise, though not at all unusual here given all our eccentricities.

There will be a transitional time for all of us non fluent speakers to build up exposure to the language again but ultimately it would be a personal dream for me to be able to seamlessly read in both languages and indeed maybe we should make it an aim of the site - for people to make the effort to gradually build up their comprehension of irish and ultimately aim for that point where a thread can be bilingual and no one would really pay much attention to the fact that it was... that might seem like an impossible ambition but you have to aim for something in the future sometimes.

I couldn't find this thread at all so i gave my humble opinion on the other lostexpectation lostintranslation thread.

Suffice to say that I am fully in favour of any language being used between consenting adults on any thread. A rich tapestry should offend no good soul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:55 pm

There's nothing wrong with having a dream atall Auditor.. and there's no reason why one can't achieve it eventually Wink onwards and upwards!

Cactus on the other thread wrote:
What about the persons starting the thread says if they have any
linguistic preference and otherwise multilingual is ok? or it this all
too complicated and say we don't need any rules whatsoever we will just
fudge along for the first 6 months and then review if it is working OK ?

The no-rule rule?

From Cactus on the other thread, they're both interesting possibilities in my mind.

Auditor wrote:
as long as the topic of the thread is kept. It'd be interesting to see
the situation where that would arise, though not at all unusual here
given all our eccentricities.

I think we can pull it off Smile.... sure it's been happening the last while anyway hasn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:15 pm

Riadach would you be able to finish off the Charter yourself? I know you've done a rake of work on it already. Maybe it would be worth trying to get it finished for September.

I suppose this post is aimed at any gaelgeoirs out there on the content team... The Charter is in the Welcome area ... I'll stick in a link now ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Here's the Irish translation as much as was done of it :

An Cairt as Gaeilge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Riadach would you be able to finish off the Charter yourself? I know you've done a rake of work on it already. Maybe it would be worth trying to get it finished for September.

I suppose this post is aimed at any gaelgeoirs out there on the content team... The Charter is in the Welcome area ... I'll stick in a link now ...

I'll try to get round to that quickly. Have been all over the place the last couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:35 pm

Quote :
Message to New Members

You are welcome and will abide by the Charter lest ye be flung into the outer darkness. The Charter being in essence 'Love your neighbour's Machinery as you do your own and have patience if you feel the person with whom you are communicating still has a lower grade mobile phone than you.'

Enjoy your stay here - there is plenty to be done so if you feel like rolling up your sleeves then you are welcome but if you want to relax then there are all sorts of places here to do your R&R in.

riadach wrote:
Teachtaireacht do bhaill nua an Fhóraim

Tá fáilte is fiche romhaibh, is cloífidh sibh leis an gCairt seo, nó caithfear isteach sa duibheagán seachtrach sibh. Is éard is bunchiall leis an gCairt ná 'Bíodh an grá céanna agat d'inneallra do chomharsan is atá agat d'inneallra féin, is bíodh foighne ort má airíonn tú go bhfuil guthán póca níos seanaimseartha ná an ceann is agatsa ag an té lena bhfuil tú i mbun cumarsáide.

Bain sult as do thamall anseo- ta neart le déanamh, mar sin, más mian leat dul i mbun dian-oibre, bíodh agat is fáilte, ach má tá tú faoi ualach scíthe thú, tá gach saghas áite ann inár féidir leat í a ligean.

Quote :

Machine Nation is a community of members with curiosity about the processes going on in politics, in technology, in ecological systems and in human social systems. The Machine Nation forum is open for discussion, debate and sharing information.

Knowledge can be very powerful and effective in confronting the world and that's where fora and the ‘real’ world can dovetail. Members have and express differing opinions. MN posters share and develop knowledge through argument or dialogue in a collective spirit of problem-solving. Fun and play can lead to learning and understanding too and are part of life in Machine Nation.

Posters are encouraged to behave with manners and to treat their fellow posters and others as they would like to be treated themselves. Please only post as fact what is true and back it up with your sources through links and quotes. Remember everyone has a right to their good reputation unless proven to the contrary.

Machine Nation is a Nation of sorts, and we are all citizens, which means we all have a duty to make it a place worth living. Members are all asked take part in developing, improving and maintaining the Site and from time to time there will be review sessions of the Charter, Site and Moderation Policy to which members will be invited to participate in order to keep the site policies relevant. Members need to remember that they are responsible for what they write on the site, whether under their own name or an assumed one. Members are required to respect the rights of others.

riadach agus buachaillbeo wrote:
Fáilte go Machine Nation ón bhfoireann eagarthóireachta.

Is pobal é Machine Nation le baill a bhfuil fiosracht acu i bpróisis pholaitíochta, i gcúrsaí teicneolaíochta, i gcórais éiceolaíochta agus i gcórais sóisialta daonna. Tá an fóram Machine Nation oscailte le haghaidh plé, diospóireachta, agus ar son eolais a bheith i gcomhroinn.

Thig leis an eolas a bheith an-chumhachtach is éifeachtach i dtaobh aghaidh a chur ar an saol, agus is ansin mar ar féidir leis na fóraim is an saol iarbhír dul i gcomhar le chéile. Comhroinneann is fabhraíonn baill MN eolas trí argóint nó trí chomhrá i comhar-spiorad fadhb-fhuascailte. Tiocfaidh foghlaim is tuiscint as spórt is spraoi chomh is tá siad ina ndlúthchuid de thimpeallacht Machine Nation leis.

Spreagtar do bhaill iad féin a iompar go múinte is caitheamh lena chomhbhaill faoi mar ba mhaith leo go gcaithfí leo féin. Ná breac síos ina fhíric ach amhain rud atá fíor, is cuir foras láidir faoi le foinsí trí nascanna nó trí athfhriotail. Cuimhnigh go bhfuil ceart dea-cháile ag gach aon duine muna gcruthaítear gur a mhalairt atá fíor.

Is náisiún de shaghas é, Machine Nation, is is saoránaigh sinn uile, ciallaíonn sin go bhfuil sé de dhualgas orainn a dheimhniú gur áit ar fiú maireachtáil ann í. Iarrtar ar gach ball a bheith rangabhálach i bhforbairt,i bhfeabhsú is i gcothú an tsuímh, is ó ham go chéile cuirfear ar siúl dreasanna athbreithnithe na Cairte, an tSuímh is dunghaois Mhodhnóireachta, a mbeidh cuireadh ag gach ball chun páirt a ghlacadh iontu, chun ábharthacht dhúnghaoiseanna an tsuíomh a choinneáil.

Quote :
Site Moderation

• All members are asked to stick to site policy, to moderate themselves and to advise the Moderators by private message if they are concerned about any post.
• In instances of challenges to and compromise of site policy, members should contact a member of the Editorial team by private message. In the event of Editorial team members not being present, pm a mod.
• Moderators (Mods) aim to be as consistent, fair and unrestrictive as they can.
• Moderation aims to allow difference to co-exist and ideas be thrashed out without anyone being made to feel small: Mods do not take sides in a debate.
• Mods may advise on tidy links, lists, video embeds and so on if requested by private message.
• Disruptive behavior or provocation for provocation’s sake is discouraged and if continued may lead to banning.
• Mods may take any action which they deem appropriate (at their absolute discretion) to preserve the ethos of the site or to avoid any possible legal action. In the event of dispute, the decision of the Editorial Team is final.

905 wrote:
Modhnóireacht an tSuímh

· Iarrtar ar gach ball, cloí le polasaí an tsuímh, modhnóireacht a dhéanamh orthu fein agus comhairliú do na modhnóirí trí theachtaireacht phríobháideach má tá siad buartha faoi aon alt.

· I gcásanna ina bhfuil dúshláin don pholasaí agus polasaí an tsuímh curtha i gcontúirt, ba chóir do bhaill teagmhail a dhéanamh leis an foireann Eagarthóireachta trí theachtaireacht phríobháideach. Muna bhfuil baill den fhoireann Eagarthóireachta ar fáil, cuir theachtaireacht phríobháideach chuig modhnóir.

· Is í aidhm na modhnóirí a bheith chomh leanúnach, cothrom agus neamhtheorantach agus is féidir.

· Is í aidhm na modhnóireachta ligean do dhifríochtaí a mhaireachtáil le chéile agus smaointí a phléigh gan éinne a dhíspeagadh; ní thógann modhnóirí taobh amháin nó taobh eile.

· Is féidir le modhnóirí comhairle a thabhairt faoi nascanna néata, faoi liostaí, faoi fhíseáin leabaithe srl. má iarrtar orthu le teachtaireacht phríobháideach.

· Cuirtear i gcoinne iompair thoirmeascaigh nó briogadh ar son briogtha, agus má leanann sé is féidir go gcuirfear cros ar an duine atá freagrach.

· Ní ceart go mbeadh módhnóirí ag modhnú conspóide ina bhfuil siad ag glacadh páirte.

· Is féidir le modhnóirí gníomh ar bith a dhéanamh má cheapann siad go bhfuil sé óiriúnach (faoina lánrogha iomlán féin) chun éiteas an suíomh a chaomhnú, nó gníomh dlíthiúil de saghas eigin a sheachaint. I gcás conspóide, is é cinneadh na foirne Eagarthóireachta an bhreithd heiridh.

Quote :
Rules and legal

• Members agree to take full responsibility for their own comments and to hold Machine Nation and all other individuals connected with Machine Nation harmless against any loss, liability, costs or expenses arising from any such comments. Members post all comments at their sole risk to the fullest extent possible at law.
• Differences in opinion are not to be used as a reason to insult or belittle other members.
• Stating or repeating anything without proof which may injure someone’s reputation is not allowed.
• Incitement to hatred or discrimination based on factors such as gender, politics, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. is not allowed.
• Members may not post images or text that is exploitative, crude or 'x-rated' in nature.
• If you post text, photos, or other media, you must make sure it isn’t protected by copyright. For written posts, a short quote, stating where it is from, and a link to the source is best.
• Please do not give legal, business or other professional advice as this may possibly expose you and the site to legal action.
• Please don’t publish tips on specific shares unless based on published information.
• Do not place any ‘inside’ or unpublished information on legal cases on the site.
• Members must not place spam advertisements on the site. If in doubt ask a Mod.
• Threatening anybody with legal action, directly or indirectly, is a banning offence
• Publishing (or threatening to publish) members’ identities or personal information without their permission is a banning offence
• Impersonating another real individual or using another poster's identity is a banning offence.

riadach wrote:
Rialacha agus cúrsaí Dlí.

Aontaíonn gach ball go bhfuil freagracht iomlán acu as a dtaerthónna is ráitisí féin, agus nach freagrach leo Machine Nation is gach indibhidiúil a bhfuil baint nó páirt aige le Machine Nation as aon chaillteanas, aon dliteanas, aon chostaisí nó aon phíonós airgid a eascraíonn ó fhoilsiú na dtaerthónna sin. Postálann gach ball a ráitisí is a dtaerthónna ar a bpriacail féin i ngach réim dlí.

*Cuirfear dea-bhéasanna is cabhair is comhbhá i measc na mball chun cinn.
*Ní cúis díspeagtha nó mhaslaithe é bheith ar mhalairt tuairime le baill eile.
*Ní ceadaítear do bhall maistíneacht nó bagairt a dhéanamh ar bhaill eile.
*Ní ceadaítear rud a lua nó a athlua, gan cruthúnas, a dhéanann dochar do cháil duine eile.
*Ní ceadaítear do dhuine gráin nó leatrom atá bunaithe ar chúrsaí ar nós inscne, polaitíochta, cine, creidimh, claonta gnéasaigh, is araile, a spreagadh.
*Ní féidir le baill íomhánna nó téacs a fhoilsiú a bhfuil gné dhúshaothraitheach, luarga nó gháirsiúl leo.
*Má phostálann tú téacs, grianghrafanna nó meán ar bith eile, ní mór duit a dheimhniú nach bhfuil sé faoi chosaint chóipcirte. I gcomhair post scríofa, is éard is fearr ná píosa beag a scríobh ag míniú carb as dó, is nascanna chun na foinse a chur leis.
*Ná tabhair comhairle dlí, gnó nó comhairle phroifisiúnta de shaghas ar bith eile, toisc go mb'fhéidir go bhfágfadh sé thú is an súomh seo lom ar chaingean dlí.
*Ná foilsigh leideanna ar scaireanna áirithe muna bhfuil sé bunaithe ar eolas foilsithe.
*Ná cuir ar an suíomh seo, aon eolas neamhfhoilsithe nó ón taobh istigh ar chásanna cúirte.
*Ní féidir le baill fógraí turscair a chur ar an suíomh. Má tá amhras ort, cuir ceist ar mhodhnóir.
*Má bhagraíonn tú caingean dlí ar éinne, más go díreach nó go hindíreach é, cuirfear ón suíomh thú.
*Ní féidir le baill ach céannacht amháin a bheith acu.
*Cuirfear ón suíomh seo thú má fhoilsíonn, nó má bhagraíonn tú go bhfoilseoir, céannachtaí ball nó a n-eolas pearsanta gan cead a gceann.
*Cuirfear ón suíomh seo thú má dhéanann tú pearsanú ar chéannacht bhaill eile nó ar dhuine iarbhír.

Quote :
Good Posting

• Before posting a new thread - check carefully if there is already a thread on the subject.
• When you start a new thread, give it a brief heading that says what it is about.
• Back up your argument with facts: add links to back-up data.
• If posting on someone else's thread, read back over the posts and stick to the original point.
• Use the clearest wording you can.
• Avoid name calling, belittlement and bullying as it undermines debate and is hurtful.
• Members are encouraged to avoid expressions of anger, intolerance and impatience when addressing one another as primarily we are here to assess and analyse information, not one another.
• In the case of severe personal intolerance of a member who is otherwise broadly accepted you may use the 'friend or foe' function found in your profile to avoid contact with that member.
• if you have a problem with a poster, pm a mod.
• Please do not quote previous posts unnecessarily in the interests of readability.
• Please don’t use animated avatars as they are a visual distraction in threads.

riadach agus BuachaillBeo wrote:
Dea-phostáil
*Sula gcuireann tú tús le snáith nua, déan cinnte nach bhfuil snáith eile ann ina bhfuil an t-ábhar céanna á phlé.
*Nuair a chuireann tú tús le snáith nua, scríobh síos brollach coimir ar a hábhar.
*Cuir taca le do argóintí trí fhíricí a úsáid: cuir nascanna ann chun foras láidir a chur faoi do shonraí.
*Má tá tú ag scríobh ar shnáith dhuine eile, léigh siar ar na poist eile a scríobhadh romhat, is bí ábharach do bhunpointe na snáithe.
*Bain úsáid as foclaíocht shoiléir chomh mór agus is féidir leat.
*Seachain maslaithe, díspeagadh agus maistíneacht, toisc go mbaineann sé an bonn ón díospóireacht is go bhfuil sé coscrach.
*Spreagtar ar bhaill gan nathanna feargacha, neamhchaoinfhulangacha agus mífhoighneach a úsáid is iad ag cur forrán ar a chéile, óir go bhfuilimid anseo chun eolas, ní na baill, a bhreithniú is a thaifeach.
*I gcás go dtéann tú, go pearsanta, chun domlais le ball eile, ach go nglacann na baill eile leis go forleathan, is feidir úsáid a bhaint as an bhfeidhm 'friend or foe' a bhfuil le fáil i do phróifíl, chun an ball sin a sheachaint.
• Má tá tú amhrasach, comhairigh go 30 ar a laghad agus smaoinigh arís sula gcuirfidh tú leis an n-ábhar.
• Má tá fadhb agat le ball eile, seol teachtaireacht chun modhnóra.
• Ar son inléiteachta, ná luaigh sleachta neamhriachtanacha ón na teachtaireachtaí a scríobhadh roimh ré .
• Ná húsáid abhatáranna beoite mar is seachrán radhairc iad sna hábhair.

Quote :
Language Policy

Machine Nation aspires to be a bilingual English-Irish site but many members don't have much Irish. Machine Nation encourages learning and practice of different languages. Our language policy is experimental and will be adjusted if the need arises.

Whichever language a thread is opened in will be the assumed default language of the thread which will be returned to for the sake of consistency, but posters can use expressions, quotes or engage in exchanges in Irish, English, German, Spanish or French for ease of expression or for illustrative purposes to add colour, interest or humour to the thread.

Members should help with translations of posts when requested. Languages other than English and Irish may not be used to discuss named persons or bodies. Members should alert Mods to any non-English post that may present a legal problem without delay.

Enjoy posting !

BuachaillBeo wrote:
Is í an aidhm atá ag Machine Nation ná a bheith ina shuíomh dátheangach Gaeilge-Béarla ach níl a lán Gaeilge ag móran ball. Spreagann Machine Nation teangacha difríula a fhoghlaim is a chleachtadh. Is polasaí trialach é ár bpolasaí teanga agus déanfar athrú air más fóirsteanach.

Glacfar leis gurb í bunteanga cumarsáide ábhair teanga an chéid phoist san ábhár agus fillfear ar ais air ar son leanúnachais, ach is féidir le baill nathanna cainte is athfhriotail a úsáid agus a bheith ag plé as Gaeilge, as Béarla, as Gearmáinis, nó as Fraincis ionas go gcuirfear blas, spéis nó greann leis an n-ábhair nó ar mhaithe le éascaíocht cumarsáide.

Ba ceart do bhaill cúnamh a thabhairt trí aistriúcháin ailt a chur ar fáil má chuirtear achainí orthu. Ní féidir plé a dhéanamh ar dhaoine nó ar chomhlachais ainmnithe in aon teanga seachas an Ghaeilge agus Béarla. Ba chóir do bhaill modhnóirí a chur ar an eolas gan mhoill, faoi ailt a d'fhéadfadh fadhbh dhlí a chothú.

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 pm

I like the green font Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:02 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I like the green font Very Happy

The parts in orange are now the bits that are still left to be converted into Irish. If I had a machine in my car to do it the other way around it might be worthy of the name 'catholic converter'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 pm

bump

Quote :
Message to New Members

You are welcome and will abide by the Charter lest ye be flung into the outer darkness. The Charter being in essence 'Love your neighbour's Machinery as you do your own and have patience if you feel the person with whom you are communicating still has a lower grade mobile phone than you.'

Enjoy your stay here - there is plenty to be done so if you feel like rolling up your sleeves then you are welcome but if you want to relax then there are all sorts of places here to do your R&R in.

riadach wrote:
Teachtaireacht do bhaill nua an Fhóraim

Tá fáilte is fiche romhaibh, is cloífidh sibh leis an gCairt seo, nó caithfear isteach sa duibheagán seachtrach sibh. Is éard is bunchiall leis an gCairt ná 'Bíodh an grá céanna agat d'inneallra do chomharsan is atá agat do d'inneallra féin, is bíodh foighne ort má airíonn tú go bhfuil guthán póca níos seanaimseartha ná an ceann is agatsa ag an té lena bhfuil tú i mbun cumarsáide.

Bain sult as do thamall anseo- tá neart le déanamh, mar sin, más mian leat dul i mbun dian-oibre, bíodh agat is fáilte, ach má tá tú faoi ualach scíthe, tá gach saghas áite ann inár féidir leat í a ligean.

Quote :

Machine Nation is a Nation of sorts, and we are all citizens, which means we all have a duty to make it a place worth living. Members are all asked take part in developing, improving and maintaining the Site and from time to time there will be review sessions of the Charter, Site and Moderation Policy to which members will be invited to participate in order to keep the site policies relevant. Members need to remember that they are responsible for what they write on the site, whether under their own name or an assumed one. Members are required to respect the rights of others.

riadach agus buachaillbeo wrote:
Fáilte go Machine Nation ón bhfoireann eagarthóireachta.

Is pobal é Machine Nation le baill a bhfuil fiosracht acu i bpróisis pholaitíochta, i gcúrsaí teicneolaíochta, i gcórais éiceolaíochta agus i gcórais sóisialta daonna. Tá an fóram Machine Nation oscailte le haghaidh plé, diospóireachta, agus ar son eolais a bheith i gcomhroinn.

Thig leis an eolas a bheith an-chumhachtach is éifeachtach i dtaobh aghaidh a chur ar an saol, agus is ansin mar ar féidir leis na fóraim is an saol iarbhír dul i gcomhar le chéile. Comhroinneann is fabhraíonn baill MN eolas trí argóint nó trí chomhrá i comhar-spiorad fadhb-fhuascailte. Tiocfaidh foghlaim is tuiscint as spórt is spraoi chomh maith is tá siad ina ndlúthchuid de thimpeallacht Machine Nation leis.

Spreagtar do bhaill iad féin a iompar go múinte is caitheamh lena gcomhbhaill faoi mar ba mhaith leo go gcaithfí leo féin. Ná breac síos ina fhíric ach amhain rud atá fíor, is cuir foras láidir faoi le foinsí trí nascanna nó trí athfhriotail. Cuimhnigh go bhfuil ceart dea-cháile ag gach aon duine muna gcruthaítear gur a mhalairt atá fíor.

Is náisiún de shaghas é, Machine Nation, is is saoránaigh sinn uile, ciallaíonn sin go bhfuil sé de dhualgas orainn a dheimhniú gur áit ar fiú maireachtáil ann í. Iarrtar ar gach ball a bheith rangabhálach i bhforbairt,i bhfeabhsú is i gcothú an tsuímh, is ó ham go chéile cuirfear ar siúl dreasanna athbreithnithe na Cairte, an tSuímh is dunghaois Mhodhnóireachta, a mbeidh cuireadh ag gach ball chun páirt a ghlacadh iontu, chun ábharthacht dhúnghaoiseanna an tsuíomh a choinneáil.

Quote :
Site Moderation

• All members are asked to stick to site policy, to moderate themselves and to advise the Moderators by private message if they are concerned about any post.
• In instances of challenges to and compromise of site policy, members should contact a member of the Editorial team by private message. In the event of Editorial team members not being present, pm a mod.

905 wrote:
Modhnóireacht an tSuímh

· Iarrtar ar gach ball, cloí le polasaí an tsuímh, modhnóireacht a dhéanamh orthu féin agus comhairliú do na modhnóirí trí theachtaireacht phríobháideach má tá siad buartha faoi aon alt.

· I gcásanna ina bhfuil dúshláin don pholasaí agus polasaí an tsuímh curtha i gcontúirt, ba chóir do bhaill teagmhail a dhéanamh leis an bhfoireann Eagarthóireachta trí theachtaireacht phríobháideach. Muna bhfuil baill den fhoireann Eagarthóireachta ar fáil, cuir teachtaireacht phríobháideach chuig modhnóir.

· Is í aidhm na modhnóirí a bheith chomh leanúnach, cothrom agus neamhtheorantach agus is féidir.

· Is í aidhm na modhnóireachta ligean do dhifríochtaí a mhaireachtáil le chéile agus smaointí a phlé gan éinne a dhíspeagadh; ní thógann modhnóirí taobh amháin nó taobh eile.

· Is féidir le modhnóirí comhairle a thabhairt faoi nascanna néata, faoi liostaí, faoi fhíseáin leabaithe srl. má iarrtar orthu le teachtaireacht phríobháideach.

· Cuirtear i gcoinne iompair thoirmeascaigh nó briogadh ar son briogtha, agus má leanann sé is féidir go gcuirfear cros ar an duine atá freagrach.

· Ní ceart go mbeadh módhnóirí ag modhnú conspóide ina bhfuil siad ag glacadh páirte.

· Is féidir le modhnóirí gníomh ar bith a dhéanamh má cheapann siad go bhfuil sé óiriúnach (faoina lánrogha iomlán féin) chun éiteas an suíomh a chaomhnú, nó gníomh dlíthiúil de saghas eigin a sheachaint. I gcás conspóide, is é cinneadh na foirne Eagarthóireachta an bhreith dheiridh.

Quote :
Rules and legal

riadach wrote:
Rialacha agus cúrsaí Dlí.

Aontaíonn gach ball go bhfuil freagracht iomlán acu as a dtaerthónna is a ráitisí féin, agus nach freagrach leo Machine Nation is gach indibhidiúil a bhfuil baint nó páirt aige le Machine Nation as aon chaillteanas, aon dliteanas, aon chostaisí nó aon phíonós airgid a eascraíonn ó fhoilsiú na dtaerthónna sin. Postálann gach ball a ráitisí is a dtaerthónna ar a bpriacail féin i ngach réim dlí.

*Cuirfear dea-bhéasanna is cabhair is comhbhá i measc na mball chun cinn.
*Ní cúis díspeagtha nó mhaslaithe é bheith ar mhalairt tuairime le baill eile.
*Ní ceadaítear do bhall maistíneacht nó bagairt a dhéanamh ar bhaill eile.
*Ní ceadaítear rud a lua nó a athlua, gan cruthúnas, a dhéanann dochar do cháil duine eile.
*Ní ceadaítear do dhuine gráin nó leatrom atá bunaithe ar chúrsaí ar nós inscne, polaitíochta, cine, creidimh, claonta gnéasaigh, is araile, a spreagadh.
*Ní féidir le baill íomhánna nó téacs a fhoilsiú a bhfuil gné dhúshaothraitheach, luarga nó gháirsiúl leo.
*Má phostálann tú téacs, grianghrafanna nó meán ar bith eile, ní mór duit a dheimhniú nach bhfuil sé faoi chosaint chóipcirte. I gcomhair poist scríofa, is éard is fearr ná píosa beag a scríobh ag míniú carb as dó, is nascanna chun na foinse a chur leis.
*Ná tabhair comhairle dlí, gnó nó comhairle phroifisiúnta de shaghas ar bith eile, toisc go mb'fhéidir go bhfágfadh sé thú is an súomh seo lom ar chaingean dlí.
*Ná foilsigh leideanna ar scaireanna áirithe muna bhfuil sé bunaithe ar eolas foilsithe.
*Ná cuir ar an suíomh seo, aon eolas neamhfhoilsithe nó ón taobh istigh ar chásanna cúirte.
*Ní féidir le baill fógraí turscair a chur ar an suíomh. Má tá amhras ort, cuir ceist ar mhodhnóir.
*Má bhagraíonn tú caingean dlí ar éinne, más go díreach nó go hindíreach é, cuirfear ón suíomh thú.
*Ní féidir le baill ach céannacht amháin a bheith acu.
*Cuirfear ón suíomh seo thú má fhoilsíonn, nó má bhagraíonn tú go bhfoilseoir, céannachtaí ball nó a n-eolas pearsanta gan cead a gceann.
*Cuirfear ón suíomh seo thú má dhéanann tú pearsanú ar chéannacht bhaill eile nó ar dhuine iarbhír.

Quote :
Good Posting

• Back up your argument with facts: add links to back-up data.
• Use the clearest wording you can.
• Avoid name calling, belittlement and bullying as it undermines debate and is hurtful.
• Members are encouraged to avoid expressions of anger, intolerance and impatience when addressing one another as primarily we are here to assess and analyse information, not one another.
• In the case of severe personal intolerance of a member who is otherwise broadly accepted you may use the 'friend or foe' function found in your profile to avoid contact with that member.
• if you have a problem with a poster, pm a mod.

riadach agus BuachaillBeo wrote:
Dea-phostáil
*Sula gcuireann tú tús le snáith nua, déan cinnte nach bhfuil snáith eile ann ina bhfuil an t-ábhar céanna á phlé.
*Nuair a chuireann tú tús le snáith nua, scríobh síos brollach coimir ar a hábhar.
*Cuir taca le do argóintí trí fhíricí a úsáid: cuir nascanna ann chun foras láidir a chur faoi do shonraí.
*Má tá tú ag scríobh ar shnáith dhuine eile, léigh siar ar na poist eile a scríobhadh romhat, is bí ábharach do bhunpointe na snáithe.
*Bain úsáid as foclaíocht shoiléir chomh mór agus is féidir leat.
*Seachain maslaithe, díspeagadh agus maistíneacht, toisc go mbaineann sé an bonn ón díospóireacht is go bhfuil sé coscrach.
*Spreagtar ar bhaill gan nathanna feargacha, neamhchaoinfhulangacha agus mífhoighneacha a úsáid is iad ag cur forrán ar a chéile, óir go bhfuilimid anseo chun eolas, ní na baill, a bhreithniú is a thaifeach.
*I gcás go dtéann tú, go pearsanta, chun domlais le ball eile, ach go nglacann na baill eile leis go forleathan, is feidir úsáid a bhaint as an bhfeidhm 'friend or foe' a bhfuil le fáil i do phróifíl, chun an ball sin a sheachaint.
• Má tá tú amhrasach, comhairigh go 30 ar a laghad agus smaoinigh arís sula gcuirfidh tú leis an ábhar.
• Má tá fadhb agat le ball eile, seol teachtaireacht chun modhnóra.
• Ar son inléiteachta, ná luaigh sleachta neamhriachtanacha ón na teachtaireachtaí a scríobhadh roimh ré .
• Ná húsáid abhatáranna beoite mar is seachrán radhairc iad sna hábhair.

Quote :
Language Policy

Machine Nation aspires to be a bilingual English-Irish site but many members don't have much Irish. Machine Nation encourages learning and practice of different languages. Our language policy is experimental and will be adjusted if the need arises.

Whichever language a thread is opened in will be the assumed default language of the thread which will be returned to for the sake of consistency, but posters can use expressions, quotes or engage in exchanges in Irish, English, German, Spanish or French for ease of expression or for illustrative purposes to add colour, interest or humour to the thread.

Members should help with translations of posts when requested. Languages other than English and Irish may not be used to discuss named persons or bodies. Members should alert Mods to any non-English post that may present a legal problem without delay.

Enjoy posting !

BuachaillBeo wrote:
Is í an aidhm atá ag Machine Nation ná a bheith ina shuíomh dátheangach Gaeilge-Béarla ach níl a lán Gaeilge ag móran ball. Spreagann Machine Nation teangacha difríula a fhoghlaim is a chleachtadh. Is polasaí trialach é ár bpolasaí teanga agus déanfar athrú air más fóirsteanach.

Glacfar leis gurb í bunteanga cumarsáide ábhair teanga an chéid phoist san ábhár agus fillfear ar ais air ar son leanúnachais, ach is féidir le baill nathanna cainte is athfhriotail a úsáid agus a bheith ag plé as Gaeilge, as Béarla, as Gearmáinis, nó as Fraincis ionas go gcuirfear blas, spéis nó greann leis an ábhar nó ar mhaithe le éascaíocht cumarsáide.

Ba ceart do bhaill cúnamh a thabhairt trí aistriúcháin ailt a chur ar fáil má chuirtear achainí orthu. Ní féidir plé a dhéanamh ar dhaoine nó ar chomhlachais ainmnithe in aon teanga seachas an Ghaeilge agus Béarla. Ba chóir do bhaill modhnóirí a chur ar an eolas gan mhoill, faoi ailt a d'fhéadfadh fadhb dhlí a chothú.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 2:46 pm

I see mistakes. Any chance I can edit your post audi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 3:03 pm

riadach wrote:
I see mistakes. Any chance I can edit your post audi?
Are you able to? Go ahead - that's what it's there for.

Sorry I couldn't add any more of a message than 'bump' - the post is too big otherwise. You might run into that problem if you add some extra bits - maybe the whole thing could be broken up into two then ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Right, done. Reading back over it, the Irish is very snazzy, we should be rather proud of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 4:20 pm

riadach wrote:
Right, done. Reading back over it, the Irish is very snazzy, we should be rather proud of it.

I'm quite sure it is Riadach, thankyou and the others very much for all the work you've done on it. It looks fantastic. cheers cheers cheers

I'll try and have a little read of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 8:55 pm

riadach wrote:

Comhgairdgeas riadach! Very Happy An bhfuil sé glán críochnaithe? Ba mhaith liom an Cáirt go dtí an sraith seo a aistriú.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Tá an chuma sin uirthi ceart go leor. Beidh mé ag breathnú uirthi ó ham go ham chun é sin a dheimhniú.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:04 pm

riadach wrote:
Tá an chuma sin uirthi ceart go leor. Beidh mé ag breathnú uirthi ó ham go ham chun é sin a dheimhniú.

Go hiontach agus comhgairdgeas arís!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks for posting it up, Ard Taoiseach - fantastico
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:16 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Thanks for posting it up, Ard Taoiseach - fantastico

Ah, ná habair é, bhí sé tada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers   The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers Empty

Back to top Go down

The Charter for feedback - Mulling over by Irish speakers
Page 1 of 1