Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Booze Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The Booze Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 am

riadach wrote:
It's divine, the nectar of the gods. Perfect for the homo about town.

I thought that's what West Coast Coolers were for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:51 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I think they're for pretending to women you're sensitive. Give it a try, couldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:54 am

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I think they're for pretending to women you're sensitive. Give it a try, couldn't hurt.

But then I would have women thinking I was sensitive, that way madness lies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 am

Well you can still treat them like rubbish if you want, the only difference is they'll blame your sensitivity and insecurity, as opposed to your bullish machoness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:12 am

riadach wrote:
Well you can still treat them like rubbish if you want, the only difference is they'll blame your sensitivity and insecurity, as opposed to your bullish machoness.

I was more worried that they would walk all over me. As the devious minxes are wont to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:22 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I was more worried that they would walk all over me. As the devious minxes are wont to do.

In stilettos?
Whatever peels your banana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:27 am

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

In stilettos?
Whatever peels your banana.

Banana... rugh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:51 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

Nah, West Coast Cooler is what pregnant chicks drink; they think it doesn't count as alcohol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Jameson and 7up?!

My Dad would shoot someone for that odious concoction. Jameson must be kept in virgo intacta.

I much prefer Bushmills over Jameson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:56 pm

johnfás wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Jameson and 7up?!

My Dad would shoot someone for that odious concoction. Jameson must be kept in virgo intacta.

Well you would, wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Jameson and 7up?!

Well you would, wouldn't you?

Black Bush
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

TheBear wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

Nah, West Coast Cooler is what pregnant chicks drink; they think it doesn't count as alcohol.

I thought that's what 6 Bacardi Breezers were for? Or am I just not hanging with the classy pregnant girls anymore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Any of you ever try brew your own?

I started on Friday. I think I've made a shite of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:18 pm

eoinmn wrote:

Helped make a batch of a sloe flavoured alcoholic beverage. Burnt well. Tasted like the sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:30 pm

eoinmn wrote:

You could hardly ferment it in a few days?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:30 pm

eoinmn wrote:

Doesn't matter eoin. Drop it off at my house, it won't go to waste... Wink

Anyway I'm sure it's something you get better at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 pm

eoinmn wrote:

I've been considering doing this for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:29 am

anyone want to join me on a trip to Ballina on Lough derg? There is a pub there that I have to get to before I leave. Call it beer education training or something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 am

It isn't Brendan Grace's bar is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:47 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Jameson and 7up?!

Funny you should say that. My first job as a raw 16 year old was lounge boy in the Ballymun House, the local pub.
I had a regular who would, every night, order "A Pint (one and only) and a Jemmy and Pep"

a Jemmy and Pep is a Jamison and Peppermint. I shit you not. Shocked

Last edited by Johnny Keogh on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:48 am

riven wrote:
anyone want to join me on a trip to Ballina on Lough derg? There is a pub there that I have to get to before I leave. Call it beer education training or something...

Goosers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 am

Johnny Keogh wrote:
riven wrote:

Goosers?

I know what you're up to down there on Lough Derg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 5:47 pm

So I threw out the first batch of homebrew beer. It didn't ferment because I didn't add the sugar. Embarassed

I started a new batch on Sunday. Seems to be fermenting slowly.

If you are looking to make your own beer I highly recommend this shop:
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Having a real nightmare of a day and buried under paper and stuff. The thought of a really crisp chilled Hoegaarden with a creamy head is the only thing keeping me going........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 pm

How much is it costing you a litre eoinmn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next