Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... Empty
PostSubject: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:24 pm

... and why?

(Topic suggested by Ard Taoiseach)
Back to top Go down

***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:46 pm

I'll wait to see who chooses me first (shallow I know), but Coles from p.ie who joined here but hasn't posted yet here would be top of my list - big social conscience and a sense of humour that appeal to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 am

bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:11 am

I've kind of had a jar with Kate P already. So I have to sat AT, we were separated at birth you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 am

I'd like to have a jar with lfemme22 because I haven't had one in the Sibin with her yet and with Edo because he is the best on-line drinker I have ever come across.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 am

it'd have to be youngdan because it would be cool to get him hammered on guinness as he's obviously always on that aould budweiser stuff here on this site, the up-all-night fecker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:39 am

I'd also like to have a Schloer with Audi one of the days. But he'll have to put back on his old Avatar first - I don't recognise him in this get-up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 am

I'd like a jar with Aragon so I could talk some sense into him. Riadach is another good choice because we could argue about ridiculously trivial points about ogam-stones or when Dublin became an urban area or the finer points of seventh-century Munster political boundaries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:45 am

905 wrote:
Riadach is another good choice because we could argue about ridiculously trivial points about ogam-stones or when Dublin became an urban area or the finer points of seventh-century Munster political boundaries.
And play with his beard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 am

cookiemonster wrote:
905 wrote:
Riadach is another good choice because we could argue about ridiculously trivial points about ogam-stones or when Dublin became an urban area or the finer points of seventh-century Munster political boundaries.
And play with his beard.
That would be dangerously suggestive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 am

905 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
905 wrote:
And play with his beard.
That would be dangerously suggestive.
Hiding small animals in it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 pm

Sorry I had to work last night and missed all this

Coles is a well respected poster who goes for quality over quantity. Even on P.ie he posts little but his thread on the cynide was I would guess one of the most interesting ever.

There was a thread on P.ie on this subject but did not reply because I would not be familiar with most back there.

I would jump at the chance to enjoy a cup of tea with any poster on this site because those with whom I disagree with even, I recognise as genuine people. Maybe I am wrong on some topics as who does not change their views on certain things as you go through life.

As regards drinking it reminds me of the start of the Song Silvio "I stake my future on a Hell of a past" I owned a pub myself for 12 years and a customer wagered that me as a non-drinker could not drink a pint of guinness in one gulp. A very easy 20 dollars. He would have bet any money he said but if I took any more than a token the fun would be gone and the story would be no use for slagging about town. The jibe was that he was paying for his own drink and now he was paying for mine too.
When I was in UCG speed drinking competitions were all the go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:19 pm

youngdan do you not drink ? i was completely wrong if you don't.

And really - is it possible to do that gulp thing though? In UCG too I knew a lad who said he could 'open his throat' and let a pint flow in pale - how do you breathe or is it like playing a didgereedoo ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

And really - is it possible to do that gulp thing though? In UCG too I knew a lad who said he could 'open his throat' and let a pint flow in pale - how do you breathe or is it like playing a didgereedoo ?

A guy in my year in school could do it, I have a video somewhere of it, I'll see can I find it and post it. Is it possible to upload video?

Edit:

Appears you can't upload directly but I'll work out how to upload to youtube and I'll have it up here in a couple of minutes. Its very impressive!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:23 pm

johnfás wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

A guy in my year in school could do it, I have a video somewhere of it, I'll see can I find it and post it. Is it possible to upload video?
No but you could put it on youtube - I have a machinenation account there - if I remember the password I'll give it to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Here we go:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Why do I get a cold feeling in my gut watching that? Did your man's pint stay down I wonder ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Yea he could keep them down. The lad was a tank. That's footage of his year in the German army though Razz. I've a few other mobile phone videos of him racing people in my year in school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:16 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I've kind of had a jar with Kate P already. So I have to sat AT, we were separated at birth you know.

Thanks very much. I'd gladly have a jar with you, me old china plate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 pm

I was home in Jan and had a few in Galway and accept for tasting alcohol that a saleman would be trying to get me to stock would not drink since I was home before. I think 3 sessions since 1992. I don't like the taste of wine which is a pity because it is beneficial in moderation.

That looked like a half litre the kid was drinking but even a 20 ounce pint would be no problem to him. It is a hell of a lot harder to drink guinness fast imo. I drank smithwicks mainly but drank guinness every now and then. The only thing I learned to avoid was harp. I drank 11pints one night in a bit over an hour and it led to horrendous results in inebriation and after effects.. There is nothing as bad as a dry heave. Whiskey is always to be avoided as well. It is easy to drink a pint in 3/4 seconds but that lad is very unusual. There used to be a relay of 4 lads on 4 pints. About 26 seconds was a good time as the pressure of letting down the team had the effect of tensing a lad up. I saw a lad get upset with a teammate and he put up 4 guinness and drank the 4 of them in 24 seconds. Considering the one in there that was an impressive feat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 10:21 pm

I would like to have a drink with anybody on this site. I would particularly enjoy a drink with LFemme22 because I admire her passion for the principle of accessible public health; Kate P to improve my German, Ard Taoiseach so I can give him an extremely detailed description of the Swiss cantonal taxation system and its role in economic development and cactusflower to discuss literature. Oh, and cookie to wean him off the Reagan thing......

But seriously, there is nobody on this site I would leave a bar on account of........... unlike the "other" site where the nutter ratio is getting dangerously out of control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:01 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
unlike the "other" site where the nutter ratio is getting dangerously out of control.

Was soll damit geschehen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:20 am

Someone posted a portion of some economic theory the other day and a couple of guys just attacked the poster, the writer of the economic piece and the zeitgeist of the era in which the piece was written, completely ignoring the piece itself which sounded interesting.

That's politicians for you - they're all Trolls.

A guillotine for them I say- Ard Taoiseach has the right philiosophy - f*ck 'em through a window - NO MERCY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
unlike the "other" site where the nutter ratio is getting dangerously out of control.

Was soll damit geschehen?

Have you seen some of the stuff that passes for "opinion" on P.ie lately? Or some of the genuine nutters who have come on to the site in recent times? Some very weird people indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard Taoiseach so I can give him an extremely detailed description of the Swiss cantonal taxation system and its role in economic development.

I'd be fascinated by that Slim Buddha, and I can share with you on a personal level why I remain optimistic about the future of the Irish economy and its ability to become the richest in the world.

Quote :
Oh, and cookie to wean him off the Reagan thing......

And I'll be on hand to wean him back on! Razz

Quote :
But seriously, there is nobody on this site I would leave a bar on account of........... unlike the "other" site where the nutter ratio is getting dangerously out of control.

A worrying portent. Es ist wirklich eine Schade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...   ***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With... Empty

Back to top Go down

***SpeedPosting Thread *** Which MN Poster(s) Would You Like to Have a Jar With...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next