Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Cén cineál tae is fearr leat?
Lyons
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
Barrys
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
Twinings
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Tetley
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nambarrie
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bewleys
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Eile
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Punjana
The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage

The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Cén cineál tae is fearr leat?

Vote early and vote often! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Other words on that page are

Flagitious - meaning deeply criminal, utterly wicked

and, equally useful on a site like this...

Flapdoodle "a pleasing and evocative sounding word which sums up perfectly the empty talk and jibberish with which one is sometimes bombarded"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Kate P wrote:

Flapdoodle "a pleasing and evocative sounding word which sums up perfectly the empty talk and jibberish with which one is sometimes bombarded"

What a gallimaufry of terminology.......sits back smugly........ a veritable smorgarsbord if you will
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

What a gallimaufry of terminology.......sits back smugly

Ah, but can you indulge in ultracrepidarianism? Wink Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:05 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Ne supra crepidam judicaret
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 1:00 am

No siucra crappyjam junket?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:40 am

I'm glad to see that Barry's tea is emerging in its rightful position of Top Tea. Barry's teas are rounded, subtle, harmonious, fresh and caffeinated to exactly the right degree. Every month I send off packets of Barry's tea to friends and relations around the world who have developed a dependency on Barry's tea. If the Gards intercepted the packages headlines would appear
***** worth stash of Barry's Tea with a Street Value of ****seized...
Barry's Tea! The winner!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:01 am

Eh.. Not... Cactus, as a dignified member of the Machine Nation cabinet, please not conclusions to jump. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:03 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Eh.. Not... Cactus, as a dignified member of the Machine Nation cabinet, please not conclusions to jump. Crying or Very sad

Not a Barry's drinker, Evm0197?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:05 am

cactus flower wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Not a Barry's drinker, Evm0197?

Methinks not. I was in Town today and I had a delightful Lavender Earl Grey Tea made by a company called Revolution. Not half bad, i mo thuairimse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Ne supra crepidam judicaret

Egad! Begone with your pusillanimous absquatulations!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:22 am

Why are people so hung up on one tea anyways ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Indeed, one should have an open mind in this regard. I quite like Lyons, Bewleys, Twinings and Tetley. I'm less fussy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Gosh, this is terrible. I was anti-Lisbon Treaty and now I'm anti-tea. I would start a thread about coffee only I'd be badgered to death with the "who is funding the coffee thread?" and "what's the coffee thread's unterior motive?" questions. So I won't bother. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:41 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Indeed, one should have an open mind in this regard. I quite like Lyons, Bewleys, Twinings and Tetley. I'm less fussy.

I like them all...I'm a complete tea slut, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 am

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

I like them all...I'm a complete tea slut, I'm afraid.

Don't worry ibis, don't be afraid. A tea slut is worth 10 times a coffee monomogue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:16 am

Barrys really has won the vote on this poll, hasn't it? I would've thought Lyons would win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Gosh, this is terrible. I was anti-Lisbon Treaty and now I'm anti-tea. I would start a thread about coffee only I'd be badgered to death with the "who is funding the coffee thread?" and "what's the coffee thread's unterior motive?" questions. So I won't bother.

So Cookiemonster, you prefer coffee to tea, eh? Hmmm, sounds like US-Military anti-Chinese propaganda to me. What kind of a Irishman prefers coffee to tea except one that has pocketed the yankee dollar?; who but an acolyte of Frasier's west coast coffee culture could betray the national drink?; who but George Bush's lapdogs could deny their ancestors so? Oh yes, it's all starting to make sense now...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:29 pm

I propose we arrest and threaten to kill anyone who says Barry's Tea won the poll. It sees to be working for Mugabe. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Barry's tea - mellifluous, complex, warm in flavour, with a hint of woody sweetness - I'll not be silenced by your strong arm tactics Evm Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:15 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Barry's tea - mellifluous, complex, warm in flavour, with a hint of woody sweetness - I'll not be silenced by your strong arm tactics Evm Very Happy

Ah, Lyons has drawn equal with Barrys, great stuff. I'm enjoying their Gold Blend right at this moment in time. Lovely stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service   The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Teabag: 100 years of sterling service
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2