Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Arguments about climate change

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage

Arguments about climate change - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Kate P wrote:
I'm in the middle of moving the climate stuff together - where you and ibis and youngdan should have been having this hilarious discussion - and returning the weather thread to its original glory.

Whew! WooHoo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 pm

All done. You can relax now cactus - all the climate change stuff is here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 am

The global warmers are like Creationists. If you don't believe their gospel they are upset. They don't believe in Nature so talking about ice ages and the other planets warming is taboo. Man and his CO2 created all this. Don't think of the Sun and ignore the Lough freezing up. Nothing matters to them and the Earth is flat

Now we will see more drival. They want to reduce emissions. Now that emissions are to reduced due to a depression it still will not matter a fig to these eco-bible thumpers. They will still want more. When there is no industry in Ireland they will still rant.

To them it is a religon. Just watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 am

youngdan wrote:
The global warmers are like Creationists. If you don't believe their gospel they are upset. They don't believe in Nature so talking about ice ages and the other planets warming is taboo. Man and his CO2 created all this. Don't think of the Sun and ignore the Lough freezing up. Nothing matters to them and the Earth is flat

Now we will see more drival. They want to reduce emissions. Now that emissions are to reduced due to a depression it still will not matter a fig to these eco-bible thumpers. They will still want more. When there is no industry in Ireland they will still rant.

mod (ad hominem) cf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:13 am

mod (ad hominem) cf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:59 am

youngdan wrote:

There are of course some people like that. Their grasp of the science involved is usually as weak as the denialists on the other side, and their arguments as irrational. However, the mad supporters of any particular viewpoint constitute an argument against that viewpoint only when they form its almost exclusive support (aside of course from those to whom they are 'useful idiots').
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 pm

mod (ad hominem) cf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Lads read the Charter please, in the corner. Just the faintest hint of ad hominem creeping in. Shocked (Mod cf)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 pm

mod (ad hominem) cf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 12:28 am

He started it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 am

youngdan wrote:
He started it

Arguments about climate change - Page 19 Slide%20boys

That's as may be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 am

what sites do you all find useful for examining climate change data with access to peer review?Or indeed a book that you would reccomend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:20 am

This is the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change site:

http://www.ipcc.ch/

It should be up to date and peer reviewed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:35 am

cactus flower wrote:
This is the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change site:

http://www.ipcc.ch/

It should be up to date and peer reviewed.

Looks good,plenty of reading material there. Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:10 am

Papal Knight wrote:
youngdan wrote:

mod (ad hominem) cf

Em . . . I didn't make that post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:20 am

Thanks for deleting that post by Papal, Cactus. It was particularly nasty and hurtfull. I am not surprised he denies making it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:27 am

youngdan wrote:
Thanks for deleting that post by Papal, Cactus. It was particularly nasty and hurtfull. I am not surprised he denies making it.

You're off topic, youngdan. I would appreciate it if you would return to the matter of climate change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:34 am

The insult was so scarring that I thought it was raining but it was instead a flood of tears at such a low ad-hominem attack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 pm

ibis wrote:
Mmm...Lyndon LaRouche.

I didn't see him in there. I saw I pile of Australians...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:32 pm

cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:
Mmm...Lyndon LaRouche.

I don’t think that’s the correct term for a group of Australians, it should be a “Bruce” as far as I know.
A “pile” is the term used to describe a collective of sporting substitutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:53 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:
Mmm...Lyndon LaRouche.

I don’t think that’s the correct term for a group of Australians, it should be a “Bruce” as far as I know.
A “pile” is the term used to describe a collective of sporting substitutes.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Last edited by cactus flower on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:10 pm

cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:
Mmm...Lyndon LaRouche.

Check the CEC & LaRouche menu item.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:24 pm

So lyndon larouche, well known neo fascist, is a cc sceptic. Is that surprising ?

http://www.lyndonlarouchewatch.org/larouche-obama.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arguments about climate change   Arguments about climate change - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arguments about climate change
Page 19 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next