Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Decline of P.ie?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 EmptySun May 11, 2008 12:46 am

Grandparents, particularly those one is close to, are a terrible loss. I went through a similar experience early last year with my Gran so I genuinely get where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I had a look at the Seamus Brennan thread on p.ie. Reading it would give you a headache.

The place has sunk in the mire.

It is a terrible pity because it had reached critical mass and the opportunity was there to have a really top notch politics site. They really should have had a "senior members" section and let people with experience or knowledge of public life post there as well as proven posters.

It is not clear what vision the site owner has for the site or whether he has any idea on how to maintain the quality. That is a pity because he has put a lot of work into it.

utterly awful idea, i think trolling threads from those so called senior memebers is part of the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 EmptySun May 11, 2008 3:59 pm

misogynistic bile directed at the woman was pretty horrible.

its not misogynistic if what she said, was her aim, was true. it was central to her way of thinking and why she wrote that lick article

i don't think dc welcomes the fg party hacks messing up his site.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 3:34 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Another accolade to the quality of our posters....

quote:
I think a testement to the slight decline has been the departure of Smiffy, Cookiemonster, Evotingmachine and Ard Taoiseach. When the brains depart you know you're in trouble.

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35014

I was aware that I had left (using the invalid email method), but didn't realise AT or Cookie had. Shocked
Last time I looked, Cookie was moderating stuff over there.

I think The Change began around Election time, with a huge influx of new posters the normal pre-election P.ie diet got radically changed. The Void seemed to emphasise this in some way. Maybe I realised it was just like smoking.. an addiction I wasn't really enjoying.

The void also demonstrated to me at least, that it's more fun being a part of a smaller community. You get to know people's characteristics better, which makes reading their posts more enjoyable.

As for DR's comments...did I really give the impression of having brains?....God I'm good.. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Quote :
The void also demonstrated to me at least, that it's more fun being a part of a smaller community. You get to know people's characteristics better, which makes reading their posts more enjoyable.

One of the things I love about this place is that when you're gone for a half an hour or two days, you can pick up a discussion without having to read ten pages of rubbish to get back to where you were.

And there's a nice variety of threads and fora developing now that the place is growing. I'm really enjoying the law forum at the moment and the company of Hermes, radicalcleric and others there.

Small but perfectly formed, that's us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:51 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Another accolade to the quality of our posters....

quote:
I think a testement to the slight decline has been the departure of Smiffy, Cookiemonster, Evotingmachine and Ard Taoiseach. When the brains depart you know you're in trouble.

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35014

I was aware that I had left (using the invalid email method), but didn't realise AT or Cookie had. Shocked
Last time I looked, Cookie was moderating stuff over there.

Ich habe meine nase voll mit die doofe posters in P.ie. I'm basically a lurker over there, because there hasn't been a good thread to get your teeth into over there in about 2 months. I also hate the new layout. I think it's atrocious. I find it's much harder to get to grips with. I much preferred the previous design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decline of P.ie?   Decline of P.ie? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Decline of P.ie?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6