Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:25 pm

I meant evangelical in terms of conversion rather than anything else. I take your point though about the meaning of the word and it is an interesting point you raise I hadn`t thought about evangelical in that sense before.

And Yeah seathrú 3-16 definitely beats 7-3. Even God couldn`t sort that fullback line out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:28 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
I meant evangelical in terms of conversion rather than anything else. I take your point though about the meaning of the word and it is an interesting point you raise I hadn`t thought about evangelical in that sense before.

And Yeah seathrú 3-16 definitely beats 7-3. Even God couldn`t sort that fullback line out.

Tony Scullion could if he was of such a proslytising disposition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:30 pm

Amybe if Sean-Marty was beside him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:32 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:

Indeed, and that is part of the problem that the mainstream Churches are now facing, words such as born again, evangelical etc have all been siezed upon, arguably misinterpreted and then heavily branded to meet the ends of particular groups. They do so in order to set themselves apart from everyone else, it is a form of branding. Their latest buzz word is "bible believing" which, as a Christian, almost makes me ill. I was speaking to someone not that long ago who asked me did I go to a "bible believing" Church. As opposed to what? was my answer.

I think it is important that the mainstream denominations reassert the proper definitions of these words as it is damaging to them not to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Would there be a bible disbelieving Church then? in their minds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 pm

I can`t think of many more things more offensive than to call yourself bible believing as a mmark of differentiation from other Christians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Absolutely, Seathrún. You see certain groups have a very narrow definition of what it is to be a Christian and what an interpretation of the bible is. They say they take the bible literally... which of course they don't because their literalism is merely another interpretation, just like mine. There are alot of different demoninations in Christianity but most of them, whilst maintaining their own beliefs, engage and discuss with the 'others' with a mutual respect and recognition of the other's beliefs. This would not be the policy of the more fundamental "bible believing" (sic) sects. They tend to subscribe to a certain list of beliefs (copied below) and you basically have to subscribe to it word for word or you are not considered part of the frozen chosen. It led to a certain group embarking on a conflict with me Razz. I got in trouble because I bluntly refused to sign it... long story... happy to discuss it but I won't bore you to death unnecessarily.

Quote :
a - There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
b
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word
of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and
behaviour.
c - Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
d
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God's incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born
of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross,
was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.

e - Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and
power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time
of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator
between them and God.
f - Those who believe in Christ are pardoned
all their sins and accepted in God's sight only because of the
righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God's
act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by
their own efforts.
g - The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of
Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God
from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
h - The Holy Spirit
lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly
Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their
witness in the world.
i - The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
j
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to
execute God's just condemnation on those who have not repented and to
receive the redeemed to eternal glory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:45 pm

If you want to know what the score is going to be today just follow the numbers.....The Book of Numbers that is..

I predict Ireland win 20-18. It has to be true

Numbers 20:18
"But Edo(m) answered: "You may not pass through here; if you try, we will march out and attack you with the sword."

curiouser and curiouser. Johnfás, Watch out for the boys with swords. You have been warned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:49 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

"But EDO Wink Wink Wink m answered: "You may not pass through here; if you try, we will march out and attack you with the sword."

He hasn`t posted here in a while. Is that what he`s at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Ireland are 9-2 with Paddy Power and if we go to the book of Zechariah we see .....Chptr 9 Verse 2 "And Hamath also shall border thereby; Tyrus, and Zidon, though it be very wise."

Now Zidon is a an anagram of "I do NZ".....it's there in black and white

and....and....and...New Zealand are 1-5 with Ladbrokes and if we go back one book in the Bible we find that the All Blacks are met with a stark warning

Book of Haggai Chptr 1 Verse 5 "Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways."......

Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Does God not favour men in a black uniform?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:06 pm

What til you discover the book of Song of Solomon, Seathrún. It is the book that the narks use to tell the teens God loves sex.

2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
for your love is more delightful than wine. 3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the maidens love you! 4 Take me away with you—let us hurry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:08 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
Does God not favour men in a black uniform?

Johnny Cash is God
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 pm

johnfás wrote:
What til you discover the book of Song of Solomon, Seathrún. It is the book that the narks use to tell the teens God loves sex.

2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
for your love is more delightful than wine. 3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the maidens love you! 4 Take me away with you—let us hurry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.

That's diabolical.....I've just fainted and to think such filth is a available in such a tome....where did I put that number for liveline
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 pm

I`m out a Sheathrúin. You`ve stumped me. I don`t know where to go from here. Derry City 1 Galway United 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:15 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
I`m out a Sheathrúin. You`ve stumped me. I don`t know where to go from here. Derry City 1 Galway United 0

The number of letters in Galway United are the first two numbers of the beast.........eh........eh..............................i'll stop now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Right, I'm off to Croker to stand around for the afternoon in the name of good ecumenism between the various clubs of the Leinster Branch. Thereafter I shall provide you with an excellent service in telling you where your seat is and throwing you out should you misbehave.

I'll probably also use my access all areas card just to have a sneak about various places - always quite good fun. Knew Lansdowne inside out but we are still exploring Croker pirat

Have a good afternoon folks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Don't try this one at home kids!
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 Stroh-80-lg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Nigerian Guinness is nice, but weird. It tastes more like bitter than stout for some reason, I'm assuming it's not the fact it's nearly 8%...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:37 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
Nigerian Guinness is nice, but weird. It tastes more like bitter than stout for some reason, I'm assuming it's not the fact it's nearly 8%...

It's a lovely brew alright, though I find that it's so strong tasting that I can only have two or three bottles of the stuff.

You simply cannot go wrong with Porterhouse draft beer, especially Plain, Oyster, Wrasslers and Hersbrucker.

I'm getting thirsty now, and it's four days to the weekend No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 pm

I'd forgotten about this place, borntorum. It was put together for some kind of party I seem to remember. There seems to be loads of good stuff left here drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:07 am

Has anyone ever tried Orval? Just had my usual nightmares trying to upload an image and have given up on that little mission. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 am

toxic avenger wrote:

I once bought a bottle of Guinness in Africa and it was fizzy - bit of a shocker when you first took a sip.

Local African beers are delicious, but often potent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:15 am

johnfás wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

I once bought a bottle of Guinness in Africa and it was fizzy - bit of a shocker when you first took a sip.

Local African beers are delicious, but often potent.

Bottled Guinness here is fizzy, no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:16 am

Don't know - never had Guinness other than on tap... I am a purist about it and will not try anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: