Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 am

That's svelte and sophisticated that Love and Affection. It's a class of jazz I'd guess.

Apologies for the post above if it disturbed you but it's got sex and death in it in reverse order, what more is there?

Oh, the iPhone - I forgot.

Don't tell cactus - shhhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 am

Speaking of sex and death, I think this is a great, great sexy piece of music. I know it's not Marvin Gaye, but turn off the lights and listen to this- it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgw_RD_1_5I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:54 am

This is one smoky deathly number hmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlsfYDj2HWA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:56 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

You know that he played a pub in Limerick one time? That Chopin dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:01 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

No - what pub? That was the Commodores too.

"gonna be some sweet sounds, coming down, on the nightshift (aka death)" What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:03 am

chopin lovely at the end of a busy week, lots of 80s memories from Audi,

Looked for ol Freddie White on youtube, but couldn't see him so try this - Lura is from Cape Verde -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjtHrw9lbxU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:08 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

No - what pub? That was the Commodores too.

"gonna be some sweet sounds, coming down, on the nightshift (aka death)" What a Face

He was meant to play a gig on a concert piano but it didn't arrive. So he beat out the boys of the old brigade on set of ivories in a nearby hostelry. 'the boys of the old brigade' might not be chronologically correct but the rest is true. Source: The arts show when Mike Murphy was on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:18 am

I queued for hours to hear this at the NCH last year. Wonderful stuff - and worth the thrombosis and varicose veins Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcOL2bRoXo

Seathrún, I was just thinking today of the programmes I used to really enjoy on Radio 1 - and Mike Murphy's Arts Show (though on at an awkard time) was really excellent. I think Vincent Woods packages the Arts into little bottles of Mother's Little Helper. I also used to love John Quinn's Open Mind and of course, the Mystery Train. There's nothing like them on now. Evening radio if you're stuck in the car as I sometimes am, is pretty awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:24 am

Kate P wrote:
I queued for hours to hear this at the NCH last year. Wonderful stuff - and worth the thrombosis and varicose veins Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcOL2bRoXo

Seathrún, I was just thinking today of the programmes I used to really enjoy on Radio 1 - and Mike Murphy's Arts Show (though on at an awkard time) was really excellent. I think Vincent Woods packages the Arts into little bottles of Mother's Little Helper. I also used to love John Quinn's Open Mind and of course, the Mystery Train. There's nothing like them on now. Evening radio if you're stuck in the car as I sometimes am, is pretty awful.

And ye know it's not old fashioned we are but rte management are still grooming a pony tail and are constant companions of flip charts and magic markers of the mind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:25 am

That's a beautiful song Kate.

I don't want to ruin it or smart but what ad was it on?

This is the song that will forever remind me of Andalucia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjYGMPJXNK8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:32 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
That's a beautiful song Kate.

I don't want to ruin it or smart but what ad was it on?

This is the song that will forever remind me of Andalucia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjYGMPJXNK8

Gettin better Audi. Liked the start but the verses seem like they're tryin to fit in too many syllables. Maybe thats just my monocultural outlook
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:33 am

Well I wish they'd go back to the magic markers they were on when we had John Quinn, John Kenny and Mike Murphy.

There was a time when you'd actually learn something on evening radio. Now I'm just becoming more adept at hopping channels - except there's nothing on any of the other channels either.

Aaaarrggghhhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 am

Kate P wrote:
Well I wish they'd go back to the magic markers they were on when we had John Quinn, John Kenny and Mike Murphy.

There was a time when you'd actually learn something on evening radio. Now I'm just becoming more adept at hopping channels - except there's nothing on any of the other channels either.

Aaaarrggghhhh

He's on holidays until next week but if you want to listen to the most talented Dj on this planet or any other try here and go down to Gerry Anderson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:44 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Gettin better Audi. Liked the start but the verses seem like they're tryin to fit in too many syllables. Maybe thats just my monocultural outlook
The earlier stuff was radio trash but good for learning - these Chambao (tshambow) are a bit more up-market. They're gypsyish.

It sounds like they've ruined it putting all those syllables in alright but I got used to it - it's more percussion than melody but if you listen to flamenco it's very percussive. Watch them here clapping behind the tent

Sueño y muero (dream and death What a Face )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwLsW9TMRbw&feature=user
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:45 am

Do you mean John Anderson or does the programme have another name?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:53 am

Kate P wrote:
Do you mean John Anderson or does the programme have another name?

Its Gerry Anderson but hes not on the list this week because his dire fill in, John Toal , is there.

I'll post it again when Gerry is back. Did you ever see the animated quickies 'On the air'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU6rROv2AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RkRu7HkgDI&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXX3YimzN_Y&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:59 am

Oíche mhaith d'éinne bhuel do mo chara Reachtaire #9 ar a laghad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:11 am

Oiche mhaith. Oiche mór arís ba ea é sna Síbín Reoite ceol ól feoil **** agus dole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:13 am

Jaysus ibis will ya have a pint in the Sibín ? Commiserations and all man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:39 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Jaysus ibis will ya have a pint in the Sibín ? Commiserations and all man.

Actually, I'm a bit on the ambivalent side about the result. Also, it's a result - it changes how we go forward, but we don't know how yet, which would also have been true of a Yes.

I enjoyed a lot of the discussions, and commercially, it's been a very good campaign, so I've not much to complain about. Besides, my cynicism is very deep.

Appreciate the thought though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:58 am

I'm just watching some arguments I found on youtube now which are very enlightening but perhaps too late . I contend that the lack of knowledge about this thing was the main fault.

Ignorance and fear make happy bedfellows. Rock the Vote - Ask the Experts (Richard Boyd Barrett is there) have you seen it? Have you been drinking with Helium Three ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:33 am

A short night and a long day ahead of me. Good night all. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:36 am

molly bloom aka cactus f wrote:
A short night and a long day ahead of me. Good night all. Sleep

Schlaf gut, cactus!

I think I'll have a spot to drink before nipping off to watch Qanda Post-Lisbon Special

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 Last-drop-pub-edinburgh-11-500

Bis spaeter, tscuss!!!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:28 am

I'm in the wrong place. I was looking for some reinforced concrete T-beams. cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:37 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I'm in the wrong place. I was looking for some reinforced concrete T-beams. cyclops
Don't you mean Jim Beam ?

That's a half-interesting thread on p.ie on getting the best mpg out of your car... I'm about to tell him to take the back seats out and try of couple bottles of Dr. Good fuel additive. David is right though - get a fecking smaller car.

There was a cork fella on Joe Duffy today who was mixing veg oil directly with his diesel and it worked ! The viscosity is the only problem so if some fuel is mixed in with it you're ok. Some other fecker was running his campervan totally on veg oil and what he did was run the fuel pipe through the hot water tank in his camper cabin and that made the oil less viscous.

Would you try it yourself ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: