Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 pm

The odds of winning jackpot is 5,245,786 to 1. (42 C 6)

If you did 2 lines twice per week, It would take you over 25 thousand years to do every combination. Smile

Audi, if your main street is 25 meters wide, it will have to be over 2 kilometers long for all those cups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:19 pm

I do it when it gets to a big jackpot. It's really worth the €10 (<4million to 1 for me). I spend all of Friday buzzing about the place plotting all the things I am going to do with my money, who I'll tell, how grateful my girlfriend will be if I don't dump her etc. etc.

Just before the draw I get a fit of realism and lose all interest so there is no hard come down - happy days. I am off to the theatre tomorrow - something in the Gate - anyone seen the current show?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:43 pm

My friend's parents were one number off winning the lotto and it won them something like 1,500 euro. Puts the scam that it is into some perspective.

It is Hedda Gabler which is on in the Gate I think, last showing tomorrow. You might be sitting beside my girlfriend's parents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:50 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
The odds of winning jackpot is 5,245,786 to 1. (42 C 6)

If you did 2 lines twice per week, It would take you over 25 thousand years to do every combination. Smile

Audi, if your main street is 25 meters wide, it will have to be over 2 kilometers long for all those cups.

I'll have to change my image to egg-cups so - have you any idea how long the street would have to be then ? I don't think there's a street in Clare that's two kilometres long - although there are a few roads running through towns that aren't called streets but rather 'roads' and they could be up to 3 kilometres long some of them.

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I do it when it gets to a big jackpot. It's really worth the €10 (<4million to 1 for me). I spend all of Friday buzzing about the place plotting all the things I am going to do with my money, who I'll tell, how grateful my girlfriend will be if I don't dump her etc. etc.

Just before the draw I get a fit of realism and lose all interest so there is no hard come down - happy days. I am off to the theatre tomorrow - something in the Gate - anyone seen the current show?

The cinema costs 8.50€ in ennis - bit saucy eh? I've still got to go to the Quantum of Solace which got 4 stars in Empire but "W" only got two .. ? There's an Angelina Jolie one out too which got good reviews (5 stars) but I haven't a clue what I'm talking about ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:08 pm

Cohen Brothers latest offering will be my next visit to the flicks. Shocking reviews have saved me from having to watch my favourite girl drooling over Daniel Craig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:16 pm

AUdi, You could do it in Cookstown in Tyrone. It has a main street about 2 k long ( feels about 10 mile long on Sat. when the stalls are about.).

They claim it's the longest main st in Ireland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:20 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Did ye ever see Rab C.'s take on the lotto?

He picks 1-6 and 7-12 come up.

I I love you Rab C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 pm

cactus flower wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Did ye ever see Rab C.'s take on the lotto?

He picks 1-6 and 7-12 come up.

I I love you Rab C.

"What good is Art if ye cannae get yer Nat King." as wee Burney wud tell ye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:48 am

One for the road:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:49 pm

You can all try and spot johnfás today on the television during Ireland v New Zealand. I'll be the one in the flourescent yellow jacket between the posts, lower tier on the canal end.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 Croke_Park_c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 pm

You should get a board with 'Johnfás 3:16' .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Has anyone been on Grafton Street late on the weekend lately? That guy seems to be there with his sign alot.

I'm the one who drags you out the back if you cause trouble at the internationals. We have the power of detention Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:27 pm

johnfás wrote:
Has anyone been on Grafton Street late on the weekend lately? That guy seems to be there with his sign alot.

I'm the one who drags you out the back if you cause trouble at the internationals. We have the power of detention Suspect

I'll be peeing spitting looking down on you with pride from the Hillcrest corporate box.

Just look up without your mouth open Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:37 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Laughing Laughing Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Laughing Laughing Surprised

I was in Dublin during the Love Ulster March and when I heard that there was trouble I made a beeline for the area to see what was happening for my own eyes. One of the guys I saw floating around the place, just across from the Liffey from the trouble was a fella with a John 3-16 sign. Do they go to everything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Yup they go to most things. On a point of information it is generally actually John 3:7 but John 3:16 is perhaps a more famous verse. All part of the one passage. 3:16 speaks of Christ's death for mankind whilst 3:7 speaks of the necessity of spiritual rebirth.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 John3-7

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 824951607_18014bc18f
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Are these fellas Born-Again Christians or from a mixture of backgrounds? What is a Born-Again Christian anyway?

I was on a train recently and listening to an American and an Irishman discussing religion. The Irish guy was saying that he was a Catholic but believed that everybody was as entitled to interepret the bible as religious leaders, he believed that the Communion was symbolic, didn`t believe in the immaculate conception and basically argued for Justification by faith alone. The American couldn`t get his head around this and was arguing that these positions made our boy Paddy a Protestant. "I am not I`m a Catholic."

That ould Counter-reformation was a bit of a waste of time wasn`t it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 pm

I've had that conversation with many Catholics Razz.

The word 'born again' is a bit of a nothing word because it has been siezed upon by certain groups who then create an incorrect ownership over the word. The bible speaks of the necessity for each person to be born from above, in other words it speaks of the necessity to come to a realisation of what the bible posits as the truth. That is the simple, non contentious, and I would argue correct, interpretation of the passages. However, certain groups have siezed upon the term and demand all sorts of things, public testimony etc etc in order to satisfy their own interpretation of 'born again'. The net result is that most people, myself included, run a mile from the term. It is wrong that we should though. Every Christian should be evangelical, that is a biblical principle, problem is most people don't want to be involved in the 'Evangelical Movement'.

The John 3:7 banners (movement?) was started by a guy called Frank Hogan, from Limerick. There was a documentary on him a few years ago on RTE and yes he would be from some sort of a non denominational fellowship with the sort of roots that you speak of. I know someone who is a bit involved in the John 3:7 things, at least I saw him holding one on Grafton Street one evening. I will have to ask him about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I think that to be evagelical about anything, religion, politics, culture, is to create a difficult life for yourself. You`re automatically antagonising people by challenging them and by telling them that they`re wrong, that they`re not committed enough. I think we all shy away from being evangelical about what we believe in with very few exceptions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:13 pm

johnfás wrote:
Yup they go to most things. On a point of information it is generally actually John 3:7 but John 3:16 is perhaps a more famous verse. All part of the one passage. 3:16 speaks of Christ's death for mankind whilst 3:7 speaks of the necessity of spiritual rebirth.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 John3-7

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 824951607_18014bc18f

To hell with them 3:7 lurkabouts.....bloody splitters.

3-16 always beats 3-7 at Croker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:14 pm

3-16 would even beat 7-3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:15 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
I think that to be evagelical about anything, religion, politics, culture, is to create a difficult life for yourself. You`re automatically antagonising people by challenging them and by telling them that they`re wrong, that they`re not committed enough. I think we all shy away from being evangelical about what we believe in with very few exceptions.

You sound like you're being very evangelical about not being evangelical Suspect Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:17 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
anmajornarthainig wrote:

You sound like you're being very evangelical about not being evangelical Suspect Wink

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:19 pm

You can't follow the bible and not be evangelical. It does not mean that you have to throw yourself into people's faces. All the Christian denominations believe themselves to be evangelical in nature. Each tries to promote the gospel in accordance with their beliefs, whether it is the Anglicans, the Catholics, the Methodists, the Presbyterians etc. The term merely comes from the Greek word for Gospel, or good news. In its simplest form it merely means a Christians whose belief is founded upon the Gospel and is motivated to spread the Good News of the Gospel as was Commissioned by Christ, recorded in 3 of the Gospels and Acts. "Therefore, go and make disciples, baptising them in the name of the Father", is how Matthew records it if I remember correctly.

In actuality most religions are evangelical in nature. The difference between the evangelical described above, which is the traditional interpretation of the word, and the interpretation which was siezed from the late 19th century onward is that one seeks in all it does to 'convert' you whereas the traditional interpretation is merely a spreading of the good news and a motivated living of the teachings of Christ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:20 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
3-16 would even beat 7-3

So that's .....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

versus

Jesus' brothers said to him, "You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do" John 7:3

You decide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: