Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
It's temperate enough here too - last night was a grand night indeed - people eating and drinking outside.

Lovely, I'm glad some people are getting to do stuff al fresco before this Summer completely gives up the ghost.

Quote :
It's nice to go camping in the nature - I suppose Laois would qualify; there must be some congenital genetic need for us to commune with the Nature sometimes I'm convinced - those who repress it end up doing other things I'm sure. Do you ever have a supreme need to wake up in a field?

Not really, I'm quite an urbanite. The hubbub of the capital is far more my scene, so I would instead have the supreme need to commune with my fellow human. Nature doesn't float my boat.

Would Stephen's Green be quite enough nature for you Ard-Taoiseach ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:09 am

cactus flower wrote:

Would Stephen's Green be quite enough nature for you Ard-Taoiseach ?

Do you know cactus, it would indeed. Myself and the swans get on fine there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:10 am

I just noticed that a certain poster by the name of Rahood has joined the commune. Is there a reluctance to welcome him with a cup of tea? Anybody other than ibis have run ins with this dude before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:12 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
I just noticed that a certain poster by the name of Rahood has joined the commune. Is there a reluctance to welcome him with a cup of tea? Anybody other than ibis have run ins with this dude before?

Well, we did give him a cup of tea and welcome so, he's more than welcome to have a chat with all us lovely people!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Lovely, I'm glad some people are getting to do stuff al fresco before this Summer completely gives up the ghost.

My al fresco experience was in the heart of our fair city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Well, we did give him a cup of tea and welcome so, he's more than welcome to have a chat with all us lovely people!

Oh mea culpa I didn't see the sign your name here thread. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:17 am

Rahood is having a few tiffs with cookie over on p.ie. It's a lot more exciting than Castaway on RTE 1.

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=40445

Anything libellous in that thread cookie? Will we be damned for linking it here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:18 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Beautiful! Was it in somebody's garden in the Mother City of the Gaels?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:21 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Rahood is having a few tiffs with cookie over on p.ie. It's a lot more exciting than Castaway on RTE 1.

Anything libellous in that thread cookie? Will we be damned for linking it here?

I started watching Lost In Translation and drinking a bottle of beer a while back. Nothing libellous, but pehaps linking to a thread where our newest member is acting the twat isn't the best way to welcome somebody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:23 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Down the IFSC, was sitting out from 4.30 to 10.30, couple of bottles of wine and some chat over a plate of antipasto. It was wonderful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

I started watching Lost In Translation and drinking a bottle of beer a while back. Nothing libellous, but pehaps linking to a thread where our newest member is acting the twat isn't the best way to welcome somebody.
Why is Rahood going to be along any minute now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Down the IFSC, was sitting out from 4.30 to 10.30, couple of bottles of wine and some chat over a plate of antipasto. It was wonderful.

I'm sure it was, did you buy some distressed banks while down there? You can get three for a fiver nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:28 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Why is Rahood going to be along any minute now?

Didn't somebody say he just signed up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:30 am

He signed up but will he show up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:30 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I'm sure it was, did you buy some distressed banks while down there? You can get three for a fiver nowadays.

A fiver? With my inside information on the future of the economy I was able to haggle them down to €3.46 a piece. One could really feel the impact of THE RECESSION down there too, people dying cold and hungry on the streets with their worthless share certificates clutched in their cold, bony dead hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:36 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

A fiver? With my inside information on the future of the economy I was able to haggle them down to €3.46 a piece. One could really feel the impact of THE RECESSION down there too, people dying cold and hungry on the streets with their worthless share certificates clutched in their cold, bony dead hands.

Good stuff, you'll be in clover with that sort of discount. Did you give some spare change to those poor, decrepit, broken brokers? They're in terrible form nowadays, they've taken to spread-betting on seagull formations down the docks to fill the gap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:38 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Good stuff, you'll be in clover with that sort of discount. Did you give some spare change to those poor, decrepit, broken brokers? They're in terrible form nowadays, they've taken to spread-betting on seagull formations down the docks to fill the gap.

Until they are forced to eat the seagulls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:44 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Until they are forced to eat the seagulls.

Because they failed to cover their shorts. It's a salutary moral tale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 am

This is a draft. What is a draft? Let's find out.

[later]

I pressed 'Draft' and it saved the above message without posting it. Would that be of any use to the people who keep losing posts?

You can find your drafts in your profile in a new drafts tab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 am

It was a pun on the word 'draught' ..

I'll put it in the Site Development forum I spose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:37 am

Ahh. Finished a fairly big project after many late nights yesterday and went to bed happy, on the late side (but sober I assure you). Woke up thinking it was strangely light and that my watch had stopped Aaargh. Watch not stopped. I had slept through the alarm. It was 12.30 a.m. Hopped up to the office at the speed of light to find that the other key holder was off sick for the first day in her life, and everyone had been locked out of the office all morning Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:40 am

Well, I'm ready for another 12 hour sleep now. Good night.

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:45 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
It was a pun on the word 'draught' ..

I'll put it in the Site Development forum I spose.

Talking of draught, I've perfected the production of alchohol free Guinness. Honest.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 340x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 am

I shall refresh myself with one of these beauties I found in Tesco only a few weeks ago, this Czech beer is silky smooth with a pleasant musky undertones and a satisfyingly strong complexion. Mmm...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 L_staropramen10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 4:09 am

You're already a fan of the Budwar aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: