Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Are there any more quizzes coming up? I've only recently got my mitts on the Next Generation seasons 1-6..

There will be, as I boldly go where no Ard-Taoiseach has gone before! And that's saying something, considering I've 698 predecessors!

Quote :
I like Star Wars a lot but couldn't answer some of the questions asked once at a house quiz where my friend was with a horde of his geek nephews. Some 10-year old knew the names of the fighters used by Queen Amidala's troops an all among other arcane Star Wars knowledge... I didn't know that there was even such a level of detail in it that there is. Have you seen the friggin manuals on ships and robots? Feckin Nerd kids Shocked

Oh, there is, you could write an Engineering degree on the technological detail in Trek. Exam questions could sound like, "Compare and contrast iso-linear chips and bio-neural gel packs with respect to their ability to compensate for multi-phase polarity".

Technobabble abounds in the world of Trek.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:23 pm

Beats me. Some things just are not saleable I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:25 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Probably. Plus, Libertas is out-spending Fianna Fáil, yes, Fianna Fáil 2:1. Money seems to be talking in this campaign as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:27 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Probably. Plus, Libertas is out-spending Fianna Fáil, yes, Fianna Fáil 2:1. Money seems to be talking in this campaign as well.

I'd agree. They're not used to being up against an opposition that can match their funding, and which is considered respectable by the media.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:40 pm

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I'd agree. They're not used to being up against an opposition that can match their funding, and which is considered respectable by the media.

Yeah, Libertas are spending €1.3 million in comparison to Fianna Fáil's spend of €700,000. In fact, Libertas seem to be spending the same as the three main Dáil parties. Add in Sinn Féin, CÓIR, People's Movement and others, the No campaign are pretty well financed this time out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 12:10 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Adjuncts of the Glorious Collective of the Machine Nation, it is with great honour I present these awards to adjuncts among us who have excelled in this round of the Star Trek quiz.

Firstly, it is a pleasure to award Pax this fine Klingon bat'leth from the House of Martok itself as recognition of his unequalled knowledge of all things Trek,

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Batleth

as well as that, I must present yet another image for Kate P's delectation for her inspired answers to the questions I set out. Kate P, I give you Worf!

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Worf

Go raibh míle cách!

Woohoo! With my Klingon bat'leth I will never think it too many.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Warp

I'd really like to thank my parents (well the clone tank), my dog (Aibo) and girlfriend (er..that data episode comes to mind...).

Seriously I'm a great fan of Star Trek but I was helped on one or two by my younger brother who's a complete Star Trek Statto.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:02 am

Pax wrote:

Seriously I'm a great fan of Star Trek but I was helped on one or two by my younger brother who's a complete Star Trek Statto.
Thanks!

Tá fáilte romhat, a Phax. Perhaps if and when we on the Machine Nation meet in the flesh we will talk Trek and disabuse you of any notions of Keynesianism into the bargain as well! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 1:10 pm

I discovered this stuff in the Kinsealy pet shop yesterday.

http://www.beerfordogs.com/

€3.50 for a longneck bottle.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Cats aren't so fussy:

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Beer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 I_Love_Hot_Chocolate

Cocoa anyone. Just listening to Tony Gregory
interview.

That was interesting. Good night.

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:24 am

I think I'll need something stronger. My mother - who is getting major work done on our family home, has just moved in here and done her first prowl around the kitchen. I've gotten lots of great advice in the short while we were chatting as I worked and she mooched. There has been lots of toast made. No more Fair Trade tea for tea drinkers and no more Avonmore milk even though it's the very bloody same as the Premier thing.

Oh I think I'll need something stronger. Much as I love her and I do and she's wonderful in so many ways, we were never meant to live under the same roof. Oh it will be fun. Especially when the exam papers arrive next week... Actually, I don't think I was ever meant to live under the same roof with anyone.

Make mine a double, cf and you bet I want the cream, the marshmallows and the flake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 am

God I'd love cocoa. Anyone ever get into Ovaltine? I'm going to get some cocoa tomorrow and look at that picture again.

Do they really put a flake in some hot chocolates nowadays? I've seen the marshmallow alright. It's amazing how lovely hot chocolate can be but it's just not coffee and I keep forgetting its existence.

Tony Gregory is gone, now some Ape is going to kill everyone and steal a child. Am I watching Tarzan? Time to hit the road jack.

Kate can technology of any kind help you to cope with your mother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Kate P wrote:
I think I'll need something stronger. My mother - who is getting major work done on our family home, has just moved in here and done her first prowl around the kitchen. I've gotten lots of great advice in the short while we were chatting as I worked and she mooched. There has been lots of toast made. No more Fair Trade tea for tea drinkers and no more Avonmore milk even though it's the very bloody same as the Premier thing.

No it isn't, Avonmore is yuck, Premier is your only man. Premier is the best!

Quote :
Oh I think I'll need something stronger. Much as I love her and I do and she's wonderful in so many ways, we were never meant to live under the same roof. Oh it will be fun. Especially when the exam papers arrive next week... Actually, I don't think I was ever meant to live under the same roof with anyone.

You're correcting exam papers? Are you doing English papers?

Quote :
Make mine a double, cf and you bet I want the cream, the marshmallows and the flake.

Sounds good. My head is smashed from work today so I'll rehabilitate with a nice cup of hot chocolate...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Creamy-Hot-Chocolate_413
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Eh... all that milk comes from the very same pipe - it's only the cartons that are different. I buy any old milk because I don't drink it much so I can't tell from the flavour but the science says it should be no different. Glenisk organic, however, is a differently delicious kettle of milk.

I've signed up to correct the old English as usual - three weeks of madness but it's financially relatively worth it to me and I've a lot of experience behind me now so it's easier than it used to be. I've had virtually no sleep with work in the last couple of weeks so marking will be like paid holidays.

You've inspired me to boil some milk....
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 pm

Instant coffee made with boiled milk.....YUUUMMMMMM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Kate P wrote:
Eh... all that milk comes from the very same pipe - it's only the cartons that are different. I buy any old milk because I don't drink it much so I can't tell from the flavour but the science says it should be no different. Glenisk organic, however, is a differently delicious kettle of milk.

There is something wrong with Avonmore so I always buy Premier in preference.

Quote :
I've signed up to correct the old English as usual - three weeks of madness but it's financially relatively worth it to me and I've a lot of experience behind me now so it's easier than it used to be. I've had virtually no sleep with work in the last couple of weeks so marking will be like paid holidays.

Indeed, do you know if they're Leaving or Junior Cert papers that you'll be marking?

Quote :
You've inspired me to boil some milk....

Well, I do like to inspire others to their better natures! Smile

I'm planning to do another Trek quiz tomorrow. Kahless willing, I'll have something cooked up to post tomorrow. Nominations for prizes are open now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I'm planning to do another Trek quiz tomorrow. Kahless willing, I'll have something cooked up to post tomorrow. Nominations for prizes are open now. Smile

May I take this opportunity to nominate on the eve of another fascinating and thrilling quiz me and I'm sure it will be a source of great fun and fanfare and I accept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

May I take this opportunity to nominate on the eve of another fascinating and thrilling quiz me and I'm sure it will be a source of great fun and fanfare and I accept.

You're nominating youself? Interesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Hot chocolate at the ready here. Thanks for that AT.

LC Higher Level papers.

EVM can take over from me this time. I'll quit while I'm ahead in the old quiz and anyway, Husband is starting to wonder who all these strange men in the house are...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Kate P wrote:
Hot chocolate at the ready here. Thanks for that AT.

You're welcome.

Quote :
LC Higher Level papers.

Interesting, Plath didn't come up this year, so you won't be reaching for the valium during the prescribed poetry questions!

Quote :
EVM can take over from me this time. I'll quit while I'm ahead in the old quiz and anyway, Husband is starting to wonder who all these strange men in the house are...

Hahaha, would Jonathan Frakes float your boat?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

You're nominating youself? Interesting...

Oh no. I wouldn't dare. Is that the way it sounded ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 pm

You're right about Plath. It almost turned me off her poetry - almost. This year I'm looking forward to lots of good answers on Donne and Rich, both of whom I like quite a lot. There's always a bit of a buzz in opening a script, wondering where the magic will be. And there's a great buzz in seeing the pile of to-do envelopes shrink while the pile of done-ones increases. And there's something rather mellow about the repetition and routine of it. I enjoy it, strangely.

Frakes would be grand - except that any more off-topic responses and I run the risk of losing any goodwill I had on this site.

With that in mind today as I was picking up my Stiglitz I was wondering about what our preferences in literature and all things cultural say about us; there's quite a (strikingly) large group of fantasy readers, many of whom are less than fantastical in their postings...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Kate P wrote:
You're right about Plath. It almost turned me off her poetry - almost. This year I'm looking forward to lots of good answers on Donne and Rich, both of whom I like quite a lot. There's always a bit of a buzz in opening a script, wondering where the magic will be. And there's a great buzz in seeing the pile of to-do envelopes shrink while the pile of done-ones increases. And there's something rather mellow about the repetition and routine of it. I enjoy it, strangely.

Yes indeed, and then there's the Advising Examiner who looks over your work as well, isn't there?Mahon also came up, so you could chat here about the insights you received from reading answers about him.

Quote :
Frakes would be grand - except that any more off-topic responses and I run the risk of losing any goodwill I had on this site.

Well, as a life-long Trekker, your responses are quite delightful.

Quote :
With that in mind today as I was picking up my Stiglitz I was wondering about what our preferences in literature and all things cultural say about us; there's quite a (strikingly) large group of fantasy readers, many of whom are less than fantastical in their postings...

Indeed, books are a mirror to our souls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:25 pm

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 03012008097.preview

Ah - mint tea and arabische dulces, mmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Anyone fancy toastin the No vote? or drownin your sorrows? We'll all be hungover in the mornin' and nobody will have died
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Beoir_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: