Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 The 'I hate....' thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Kate P wrote:
You expect me to believe that with Eddie Whatshisname's haircut and those specs?

Nah. Not falling for that particular story Riadach.

Maybe we should have a style thread...

johnfás wrote
Quote :
My mum still buys my socks...

Plain, I hope.

Anything else is unforgivable.

What an awful thing to say!

I was sporting a pair of these during the week...

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Nice socks! Very Jon Snow.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Kate, Cactus Flower, thank you both for your concern. The 22-storey building in Moldova is becoming more and more concrete as a business idea. There has to be lots more like me who loathe IT with every fibre of their being. They would pay good money to push PCs, laptops, servers, Cisco routers and the whole dismal cornucopia of crap that constitutes the lifeblood of this awful phenomenon off the roof of a 22-storey building. I would consider it a theraputic exercise.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 7:02 pm

I could give his choice in neck ties a run for his money too.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Where do you buy them cookiemonster?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Kate, Cactus Flower, thank you both for your concern. The 22-storey building in Moldova is becoming more and more concrete as a business idea. There has to be lots more like me who loathe IT with every fibre of their being. They would pay good money to push PCs, laptops, servers, Cisco routers and the whole dismal cornucopia of crap that constitutes the lifeblood of this awful phenomenon off the roof of a 22-storey building. I would consider it a theraputic exercise.

I wouldn't mind fliging this horrid thing from the roof. It and it's poxy little red light. Red means danger and it ALWAYS delivers. 

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 7:07 pm

johnfás wrote:
Where do you buy them cookiemonster?

In London town.

Brown Thomas stock them as well but they don't tend to have the really garish stuff (which I like) and they over charge. But their new men's department is much better than it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Kate, Cactus Flower, thank you both for your concern. The 22-storey building in Moldova is becoming more and more concrete as a business idea. There has to be lots more like me who loathe IT with every fibre of their being. They would pay good money to push PCs, laptops, servers, Cisco routers and the whole dismal cornucopia of crap that constitutes the lifeblood of this awful phenomenon off the roof of a 22-storey building. I would consider it a theraputic exercise.

Slim Buddha - born of bitter experience my only advice is back up every 3 hours onto a usb pen or similar. If it lets you down once it will let you down again. Or go back to paper and ink and line up a good typist.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Sun May 25, 2008 7:21 pm

I hate....the expression "utility room". It implies all the other rooms are useless.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Kate P wrote:
You expect me to believe that with Eddie Whatshisname's haircut and those specs?

Nah. Not falling for that particular story Riadach.

Maybe we should have a style thread...

johnfás wrote
Quote :
My mum still buys my socks...

Plain, I hope.

Anything else is unforgivable.

What an awful thing to say!

I was sporting a pair of these during the week...



Why cm? Why oh why?

*puts on best pained expression*
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 12:57 am

They're amazing Kate... I couldn't afford 15 sterling a pair though. Why are you against us Irish men being fashionable Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 1:02 am

They are rather beautiful actually, and I've no objection at all to men being fashionable. I'm just not sure what the message is that they intend to deliver.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 1:07 am

These too...

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 1:08 am

Kate P wrote:
They are rather beautiful actually, and I've no objection at all to men being fashionable. I'm just not sure what the message is that they intend to deliver.
Ah, the Declan Ganley of socks.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 1:34 am

I think that second pair are the Michael Noonan of socks cm but it doesn't answer the question of 'why?'
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 1:44 am

Kate P wrote:
I think that second pair are the Michael Noonan of socks cm but it doesn't answer the question of 'why?'

I say why not. I'm forced to wear a suit and tie, so I defy convention a little by wearing some accessories that are a little more colourful than normal.



And on the days where I don't wear a tie at all somebody always comments on it.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 12:30 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I hate....the expression "utility room". It implies all the other rooms are useless.

I had a utility room until I flattened it with a sledge hammer and Kango one weekend. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 6:37 pm

I hate when people adopt a victim attitude or that of a tiny minority when it usually unmerited.

An example: there are those who write the most stunted xenophobic drivel about immigrants and the imminent destruction of society and how these people are the scum of the earth, and then conclude with the line: 'but that makes me racist, right?' Ian O'Doherty is very fond of concluding some spiel about Muslims with that very line. Often no one has called them a racist but they claim that the reader is the bigoted one. A similar practice is seen in many denoucements of Israel which end in an entirely unwarranted 'but that makes me anti-Semetic, right?'

The other practice is pretending, or perhaps sincerely believing which is worse, that the whole world is against you and that you represent a tiny outcast minority. Kevin Myers is great for this sort of thing; conveniently forgetting that he is writing a prominent column in a widely read paper he acts as though he were an outcast preaching in the wilderness. To these people the world is dominated either by the Guardianista, Feminist Pinko-brigade or the Murdoch-NeoCon-Military propaganda machine.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I hate the fact that I hate Etihad doesn't form a palindrome, grrr!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Notlob.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Notlob.

Bolton?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 pm

You not a fan of the Pythons, AT?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Mon May 26, 2008 10:24 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
You not a fan of the Pythons, AT?

Of course I am, it's just my brain don't work so well this evening!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Tue May 27, 2008 2:52 am

905 wrote:
I hate when people adopt a victim attitude or that of a tiny minority when it usually unmerited.

An example: there are those who write the most stunted xenophobic drivel about immigrants and the imminent destruction of society and how these people are the scum of the earth, and then conclude with the line: 'but that makes me racist, right?' Ian O'Doherty is very fond of concluding some spiel about Muslims with that very line. Often no one has called them a racist but they claim that the reader is the bigoted one. A similar practice is seen in many denoucements of Israel which end in an entirely unwarranted 'but that makes me anti-Semetic, right?'

The other practice is pretending, or perhaps sincerely believing which is worse, that the whole world is against you and that you represent a tiny outcast minority. Kevin Myers is great for this sort of thing; conveniently forgetting that he is writing a prominent column in a widely read paper he acts as though he were an outcast preaching in the wilderness. To these people the world is dominated either by the Guardianista, Feminist Pinko-brigade or the Murdoch-NeoCon-Military propaganda machine.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   Tue May 27, 2008 3:08 am

ibis wrote:
905 wrote:
I hate when people adopt a victim attitude or that of a tiny minority when it usually unmerited.

An example: there are those who write the most stunted xenophobic drivel about immigrants and the imminent destruction of society and how these people are the scum of the earth, and then conclude with the line: 'but that makes me racist, right?' Ian O'Doherty is very fond of concluding some spiel about Muslims with that very line. Often no one has called them a racist but they claim that the reader is the bigoted one. A similar practice is seen in many denoucements of Israel which end in an entirely unwarranted 'but that makes me anti-Semetic, right?'

The other practice is pretending, or perhaps sincerely believing which is worse, that the whole world is against you and that you represent a tiny outcast minority. Kevin Myers is great for this sort of thing; conveniently forgetting that he is writing a prominent column in a widely read paper he acts as though he were an outcast preaching in the wilderness. To these people the world is dominated either by the Guardianista, Feminist Pinko-brigade or the Murdoch-NeoCon-Military propaganda machine.

Seconded.

+1.

Invariably, rants about how "the media" are so PC on any particular issue appear vastly more often in the media than any of the PC opinions that they are ranting against. They rarely include the merest reference or quote to demonstrate the existance of the phenomenon which so excites them. The notion that people should actually attempt to check whether the phenomenon exists - by trying to measure the prevalence of the PC opinion in the media against contrary opinions - before denouncing it to hundreds of thousands of people is so far off the radar that they would laugh at you if you suggested it.

I'm convinced that much of the time they just read about the existence of this PC media opinion on d'interweb and, enraged by the notion that anybody could possibly hold such a position, they rush off to denounce it post-haste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The 'I hate....' thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Italian Thread
» The Tarot Collectors Thread
» Most viewed thread to date
» The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)
» I hate being fat because...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: