Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The 'I hate....' thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 pm

That's all pretty sad, actually, isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Kate P wrote:
I hate not knowing what to wear on a day like today when rain is threatened. It's sunny here but I'll be elsewhere later (working and looking professional) then going for long walk on a not-long-enough- pier and then going for a meal with friends. All of which is fine ordinarily but I won't have my car nearby all day (so heels may be a problem) and I don't know what the weather is doing.

Grrr. Decisions, decisions....

Wear light clothes and a heavy coat. If it doesn't rain you can carry it, if it does wear it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Kate P wrote:
I hate not knowing what to wear on a day like today when rain is threatened. It's sunny here but I'll be elsewhere later (working and looking professional) then going for long walk on a not-long-enough- pier and then going for a meal with friends. All of which is fine ordinarily but I won't have my car nearby all day (so heels may be a problem) and I don't know what the weather is doing.

Definately wear flat(ish) shoes. That's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:11 pm

You have no style. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:14 pm

You better be talking to Johnfás, I am the king of style thank you. My purple jumpers, suave sweater vests, waistcoats and ted baker fitted shirts are testament to that fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:16 pm

My mum still buys my socks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:18 pm

You expect me to believe that with Eddie Whatshisname's haircut and those specs?

Nah. Not falling for that particular story Riadach.

Maybe we should have a style thread...

johnfás wrote
Quote :
My mum still buys my socks...

Plain, I hope.

Anything else is unforgivable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:22 pm

Kate P wrote:
You expect me to believe that with Eddie Whatshisname's haircut and those specs?

Nah. Not falling for that particular story Riadach.

I do hope everyone does realise that the picture in my avatar isn't actually me.:-)

I get my hair done in toni and guy thank you very much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Toni and Guy? Very snazz... I get mine in the Grafton Barber... for a tenner or whatever it is (with a student card)... I get it done about three times a year. The guy in the picture is me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:30 pm

johnfás wrote:
Toni and Guy? Very snazz... I get mine in the Grafton Barber... for a tenner or whatever it is (with a student card)... I get it done about three times a year. The guy in the picture is me.

Yeah I'm tempted to go in there sometimes, it's cheap enough in fairness. I like toni and guy though, especially since I seem to meet most of my hairdressers at the weekend anyway.

The guy in the picture is the renowned seanchaí Eddie Lenihan, a clareman, as all crazies are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Kate P wrote:

It didn't raina round my part of Ireland today, and I hate it when weather promised doesn't arrive. You get all psychologically prepared and ready for the day's weahter and then bang, the weather doesn't come out as you imagined and then you're all over the shop with poorly-suited clothes and an irrepressible sense of disappointment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Kate P wrote:

Sounds like the perfect weather for yout hated Ugg boots?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Don't got none!!

No rain. Wore the heels - combination of new shoes and a dodgy step and I have gotten myself what will be a very interesting scar on my knee - from a big dirty open gash - to tell my grandkids about. Well maybe someone else's grandkids.

(This is not a man gash, it's a real one - several inches wide across the folding part of the knee. Could probably do with a few stitches).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Kate P wrote:
Don't got none!!

No rain. Wore the heels - combination of new shoes and a dodgy step and I have gotten myself what will be a very interesting scar on my knee - from a big dirty open gash - to tell my grandkids about. Well maybe someone else's grandkids.

(This is not a man gash, it's a real one - several inches wide across the folding part of the knee. Could probably do with a few stitches).

Ooh, sounds very sore. I'll be praying for you to get well.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:40 am

Ya know what, there is nothing I hate.
Some stuff I'm not too keen on, but I hate nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 1:17 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
That's very healthy, but I don't trust you. Do you get angry?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 1:21 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
That's very healthy, but I don't trust you. Do you get angry?

I get grumpy...rarely angry. I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Another thing I hate. When you say something and the listener doesn't hear it, they sometimes ask 'what?' and laugh at the same time. I guess the logic is they didn't hear what you said but assumed it was a joke, which is pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 5:47 pm

...realising I've left out a couple of things ten minutes after I've turned on the washing machine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:04 pm

I think you mentioned this before 905 but crowded footpaths - the one outside Trinity on college green across from Lush/The Spar/The tobacco shop where you have to wade through bus-stoppers on your way to Grafton street is a right pain in the chimmichanga.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:04 pm

And the stink from Lush just makes it even worse...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Crowded footpaths are a fact of life. Footpaths being held up by two or three lumbering idiots, having a great old conversation while holding up everyone behind them is intolerable. They're probably smoking too, and wielding umbrellas in a manner designed to pierce eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:14 pm

What do I hate? That's easy.

Information Technology. The Information Technology industry. Anything to do with Information Technology. Books about Information Technology (especially ones with titles like "Computers for Dummies"). People who work in Information Technology who tell me how "easy" it is. Information Technology bores who talk in pubs about ways to solve Information Technology problems. Students in college studying Information Technology and unjustifiably having some kind of superiority complex about it. Having to work with Information Technology. Having to call India for what is laughably called Information Technology "tech support". Not understanding the person imparting the Information Technology "tech support" information. And so on...............................................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Had a bad computer day, Slim Buddha? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2008 5:45 pm

So you haven't recovered your thesis then, Slim Buddha...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'I hate....' thread
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next