Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch Empty
PostSubject: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Quote :
Venezuela has forced US cartoon
The Simpsons off
its airwaves, calling the show a potentially bad influence on children,
and filled its morning slot with reruns of the beach-and-bikini show Baywatch . The satirical take on American family had been shown, dubbed into Spanish, on the Televen network at an 11 am slot. "Today
I believe they started broadcasting something else," said a spokesman
at Venezuela's broadcasting regulator Conatel. "They were infringing
many things in the television and radio social responsibility law." Conatel said it started proceedings against the morning airing of the show after complaints from viewers. Televen
has replaced the long-running and popular cartoon with Baywatch Hawaii,
late seasons of the Baywatch series that made actress Pamela Anderson a
household name.

Irish Times Online
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:16 pm

When I was a kid I used to watch Baywatch, not for the usual reasons but because I found it well written and competantly acted. Just when I grew old enough to realise there might something else to the show, something to explain all those bikini-clad women and slow motion shots of Carmen Electra running through the surf, they stopped showing it. The very minute I realised.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:56 pm

I can understand a parental ban on Homer, but a National ban is way OTT.

Nickelodeon and Disney have both been banned in my house. The shallow tripe that comes down those channels is a very poor *what's the word* for children, imo.

Tough luck on the Baywatch thing there 905. You could always holiday in Venezuela !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I can understand a parental ban on Homer, but a National ban is way OTT.

Nickelodeon and Disney have both been banned in my house. The shallow tripe that comes down those channels is a very poor *what's the word* for children, imo.

Tough luck on the Baywatch thing there 905. You could always holiday in Venezuela !

Prefer" the Animaniacs - There's baloney in our slacks"

On second thoughts, maybe that should be banned too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:41 pm

My God, was that the line? So much innocence lost. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:51 pm

I never got that, and I used to know the programme off by heart. It did cut very close to the edge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch   Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch Empty

Back to top Go down

Venezuala ban immoral Simpsons - Rerun Bay Watch
Page 1 of 1