Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Why aren't you posting?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

ibis wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
You got fired Shocked
Or did you quit ?

Not quite either - there were 4 Lisbon mods, and we stopped being mods once Lisbon was over, except Cookiemonster.

Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 Cats_fighting_1020061
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:10 pm

unaligned wrote:
johnfás wrote:
I like the fact that at MN we examine society as a whole. The other website has for a long time struggled to come to terms with what politics is. I don't think it can be examined, from a societal point of view, in anything other than a holistic manner.

I like the fact that we not only examine Ireland as a microcosm, but that there is intelligent discussion on Ireland's place as part of a global community (call it what you will).

I like that we have intelligent discussion, rather than points scoring. It must be maintained.

The only thing we lack at the moment is a critical mass, but how do you solve that over night? There is a level of intimacy on the site at the moment which is nice, but perhaps also stifling. I would imagine that will change as the site grows and develops with more posters.

Well said, I agree with all those points. MN does appear to be growing at a slow but steady pace. I think the site needs at least another 15-20 regular posters to achieve that critical mass. It can be a bit frustrating when a really interesting thread takes an age to get going. That is just the nature of early development I suppose.

I still enjoy P.ie, but it is the same kind of enjoyment that I get from reading Phoenix or the Sunday Independent. Its essentially a tabloid experience (although there are still a few quality posters on the site). Machine Nation is genuinely engaging, has a high level of informed and considerate debate with some really diverse and interesting personalities. Also, I actually learn things here. Which is always nice.

It is very nice to see that other people feel the same way about the site as I do. I see that Auditor #9 has suggested a discussion on membership / site development. Would it make sense to split this thread and give it a new name - what do you think, Audi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:11 pm

P.S. I'm going to start a "How did you find out about Machine Nation" thread, so that we can get some ongoing feedback on how people have come across the site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:21 pm

I'll split it from johnfas and unaligned's posts and we'll continue the discussion in public there. If you give it a name I'll split it but I was thinking of "Machine Stagnation? Is the site in trouble?" but feel free to change that anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I'll split it from johnfas and unaligned's posts and we'll continue the discussion in public there. If you give it a name I'll split it but I was thinking of "Machine Stagnation? Is the site in trouble?" but feel free to change that anyone.

I was hoping for something nice and positive Auditor #9 affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:30 pm

C'mon we need a bit of controversy now here - we can't try to entertain the rumour that you are really David Norris or some lies like that new site was trying to spread - not Hermes one, the other one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
C'mon we need a bit of controversy now here - we can't try to start a rumour that you are really David Norris or some lies like that new site was trying to spread - not Hermes one, the other one...

Shhhh! I'm working on the rumour site in secret Suspect

Do you know, things must be quite lively as I didn't even notice us passing 25,000 posts - when did that happen?

"Your thoughts on Machine Nation Membership Development" ??? Is that too dull?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:33 pm

Auditor,

Would it be possible to do up a graph that shows the level of growth over the weeks of months that Machine Nation has been alive? That might be more hassle than it is worth if it involves looking at every posters joining date but it would be interesting to look at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:38 pm

unaligned wrote:
Auditor,

Would it be possible to do up a graph that shows the level of growth over the weeks of months that Machine Nation has been alive? That might be more hassle than it is worth if it involves looking at every posters joining date but it would be interesting to look at.

Have a look here - https://machinenation.forumakers.com/stats.htm - there's a link to the site stats at the bottom of the page but if it's not what you're looking for then we can try to do something else that you have in mind. Pressing 'members' also gives some stats of post numbers and when joined.

cactus flower wrote:
A bit but might be ok. Any other takers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
unaligned wrote:
Auditor,

Have a look here - https://machinenation.forumakers.com/stats.htm - there's a link to the site stats at the bottom of the page but if it's not what you're looking for then we can try to do something else that you have in mind. Pressing 'members' also gives some stats of post numbers and when joined.

cactus flower wrote:

Thanks for that auditor I hadn't noticed it before.

What about: "Towards 2009, The First Programme For The Glorious Advancement of the Machine Nation Project"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Ah, that sounds a lot better - I reich it - I reich it a rot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:43 pm

unaligned wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
unaligned wrote:
Auditor,

cactus flower wrote:

Thanks for that auditor I hadn't noticed it before.

What about: "Towards 2009, The First Programme For The Glorious Advancement of the Machine Nation Project"

Very Happy

Thats a lot more exciting. The Ard Taoiseach would approve I'm sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:04 pm

There's no need - I can post everything already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:38 am

cactus flower wrote:

Thats a lot more exciting. The Ard Taoiseach would approve I'm sure.

Yes, it has the all-encompassingly grand ring to it. It shall be a Great Leap Forward for our beautiful and dynamic nation. It shall shake the world and they will have to listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 am

I'm not really in keeping with the flow of the site. I like to read it for the most part but couldn't be up for the arguments I'd cause if I engaged with most of the stuff posted here. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:01 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I'm not really in keeping with the flow of the site. I like to read it for the most part but couldn't be up for the arguments I'd cause if I engaged with most of the stuff posted here. 

Lazy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:05 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Oh cookie, you could never cause an argument here, a debate maybe....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:07 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Oh yes he bloody well could! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:11 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

No he could not you utter intransigent bollix. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:13 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

No he could not you utter intransigent bollix. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh shut it you supercilious suffocating scumbag!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:25 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

You sure there's only one ELL in supercilious illiterate Question Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:37 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

You sure there's only one ELL in supercilious illiterate Question Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It has two spellings, both accepted, fascist!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:52 am

cheers ... round 5 ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:03 am

See. SEE! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:15 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
See. SEE! 

I know what you mean, cookiemonster, but perhaps you might have a shot once in a while. Kate P speaks very highly of your political posts.
Go on - stick your head above the parapet and see what happens. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't you posting?   Why aren't you posting? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why aren't you posting?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next