Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The weather thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
johnfás wrote:
The 17:00 sat image shows it intensifying in the midlands and heading for the capital. Sad

Very Happy I can't wait!!

Does nobody else share my love of heavy rain?

KateP and ArdT do. A right bunch of rain weirdos ye are.

It sounds so great when it falls. It's nature's symphony orchestra.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
The 17:00 sat image shows it intensifying in the midlands and heading for the capital. Sad

Ahh, you can buy CDs for that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

True, but who doesn't love a free bit of music?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
The
17:00 sat image shows it intensifying in the midlands and heading for
the capital. Sad

Stop guys, You are making me jealous/homesick!

Last edited by johnfás on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotations)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Stop guys, You are making me jealous/homesick!

Very Happy It's working, we're on to a winner here!

Last edited by johnfás on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing quotations)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:58 pm

johnfás wrote:
I love playing a rugby match in the pouring rain. It keeps it in the forwards, which is where I play, as well as sorting out the boys from the men in the ball handling stakes.

It can be a good leveller for the better players. Hard man for the hard road
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Still lashing, there's some amount of rain falling. It's a saturated Saturday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

The Wagnerian majesty of it all, eh, Ard? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:41 pm

M50 is by all accounts a car park, and has been for the last number of hours. I chickened out of going to Wicklow at half five as I manoeuvred the M7 at low speed (horrid experience) and heard that the spot I'd intended to go to was flooded anyway.

Best friend and I spent an afternoon puddle-jumping not too long ago - great, great fun. Got utterly soaked from head to toe - ended up sitting on our wet asses in huge pools of water, laughing our stupid hearts out. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:44 pm

alot of the main routes through the north inner city are flooded as the Tolka burst its banks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:45 pm

The heavens literally this moment just burst again. We have rain cheers
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeh, the scouts have decided to vacate Punchestown a day early, but the buses can't get there now. M1 is closed and M50 almost impassable. Darts not running in places, river in Co. Laois burst....madness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeh, the scouts have decided to vacate Punchestown a day early, but the buses can't get there now. M1 is closed and M50 almost impassable. Darts not running in places, river in Co. Laois burst....madness

Yikes! I know a few people there, no doubt they will have tales to tell! One would have thought the M50 would have better drainage. I suppose given all the road works it has been diminished.

The girlfriend is sailing up on Lough Erne near Enniskillen. Luckily she got away earlier in the day and is happy as larry up there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 11:14 pm

The leadwork at Squire Hall has been sorely tested this last week. Clearing lead gutters in the rain is not fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:04 am

The Cookie Compound while situated on the banks of the Liffey ramains dry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:32 am

And Tullamore Show has been cancelled for the second year in a row. Financially, that could mark the end of what has been an institution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:34 am

According to the lady from the MET office on the nine o'clock news this is the most rain we have had in 24 hours since Hurricane Charlie, at 560 mm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:40 am

There was a double local tragedy today when the church and pub were lost to the deluge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:46 am

Just got back from a bit of Bach, and fireworks. Dry as a bone here, but in six hours time some of that floodwater will come flying down our river. If it rains tonight we may get the sandbags out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 2:25 am

Bach?

Here was the wind yesterday - nearly hit the 600 MW out of the maximum 860 or so if it's all metered. There's a hurricane on the way someone said?

The weather thread - Page 19 Wind10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 am

Lovely sunny morning here now. Forecast is for mixed day of sun and showers. I dislike those sorts of days, I wish the weather would just decide and fully commit to one or the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Check out the rain at the Olympics. The BBc studio is leaking and the presenter has a bucket beside her
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 2:59 pm

johnfás wrote:
Lovely sunny morning here now. Forecast is for mixed day of sun and showers. I dislike those sorts of days, I wish the weather would just decide and fully commit to one or the other.

Ane it leaves it too warm to wear a rain jacket. I'm holding out for some thunder, I LOVE thunder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Yeah, it's something like out of the Valkyrie Slim Buddha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Yeah, it's something like out of the Valkyrie Slim Buddha!

I heard. It seems there is a lot of flooding and some show in Tullamore at which our esteemed Taoiseach was expected was cancelled due to the inclement weather. It sounds bad. What's today like?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next