Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Gremlins in the system!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:02 am

the function bar at the top goes onto the next line, the messages box disappears into the dark blue, that's why i didn't notice i had messages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:34 am

only sometimes though or always? I've got mozilla and i get a mad blend of a doubling of the screen sometimes but the refresh button seems to deal with it mostly. I'm also using ubuntu linux so you should be able to telnet into my IP address if I give you my password !

TT has had the same issues with the above and is the only only other poster who has. This place seems to prefer internet explorer Mad

(maybe i'm wide of the mark there though about your problem..)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 9:44 am

lostexpectation wrote:
the function bar at the top goes onto the next line, the messages box disappears into the dark blue, that's why i didn't notice i had messages.
The same happens for me. From a certain angle I can't see the log-out function at all sometimes. Something has to be shifted onto the next line and boxed (like Latest Discussions is) - maybe the whole 'you have no new messages line' in black because it's quite long?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Yes LE, it wraps on my browser too. I have a solutuion for that but haven't got round to it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 7:35 pm

well i also didn't see my new msg cause i just reinstalled noscript,so i didn't get hte pop-up, my fault, im using the latest version of firefox.
it also cos dark background follows the viewable page and one always has the page starting just at the bar, its the perfect colour to hide the message text.

yeah shortening the text would be simple
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:23 pm

oh yes the clock is still wrong too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:29 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
oh yes the clock is still wrong too

I asked about this one today too lostexpection. On an individual basis we can set the time right by going into "profile" in the tool bar and setting to GMT + 1 hr.

I have asked if it can be done for the whole site: I think it is being worked on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gremlins in the system!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2