Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Gremlins in the system!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Gremlins in the system! Empty
PostSubject: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:02 am

Is anyone else having problems with the pages here on the website? I can only get empty boxes with red xs in them for "Quote", "New Topic" and "Edit" etc . Is there some switch I've tripped? Is the server not working properly?

RSVP!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:09 am

Mine looks fine AT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:12 am

Well mine looks awful. All the boxed blue buttons are empty rectangles with terribly mundane Arial font script.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with the pages here on the website? I can only get empty boxes with red xs in them for "Quote", "New Topic" and "Edit" etc . Is there some switch I've tripped? Is the server not working properly?

RSVP!

Very similar for me, actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:21 am

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

RSVP!

Very similar for me, actually.

Are the boxes like this for you:

Gremlins in the system! Nothingreally

ibis?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:24 am

Mine is all funky too. Half the images are not showing and the front page looks naked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:31 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Mine is all funky too. Half the images are not showing and the front page looks naked.

Really? So I'm not alone. Thank the Lord. Perhaps it's a server glitch that'll fix itself.

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix my grammar.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Really? So I'm not alone. Thank the Lord. Perhaps it's a server glitch that'll fix itself.

The problem is, I think, that the various images are derived from hitskin.com, and that's not showing up on my DNS. So, yes, it's a server problem, but not on this server.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:40 am

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

The problem is, I think, that the various images are derived from hitskin.com, and that's not showing up on my DNS. So, yes, it's a server problem, but not on this server.

Does that mean I can't do anything to fix it? Will I have to wait here for it to right itself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Does that mean I can't do anything to fix it? Will I have to wait here for it to right itself?

'Fraid so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:47 am

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

'Fraid so.

Well, with my positive attitude, I see that as a good thing. I can't do anything about it. That means I can accept it and move on. I'll just grin and bear the deficiencies and it'll be right as rain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:48 am

Are you trapped on this page? Ard-Taoiseach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:50 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Are you trapped on this page? Ard-Taoiseach.

No. I'm not. I'm able to read all discussions. I'll test the emoticons to see if they work.

What a Face cyclops I love you
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:51 am

Is it still bad?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:53 am

Yes, EvotingMachine0197. It's like as if my computer can't read those buttons. This is the slowest Machine Nation has ever been for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:56 am

The gearcogs are visible, I wonder why I can see them but not the buttons,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 am

I might just log out for a while and log back in. That fresh start might fix it. I'll leave ibis and cookiemonster to keep you posted on the state of Machine Nation from where they're viewing it.

All things being equal, I'll be back here in a few hours and everything will be working.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 am

Is that better ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:01 am

Yay! i can see the buttons again! There is a God, all is well in the world of Machine Nation. Go raibh míle, EvotingMachine0197!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:02 am

I clicked refresh and nothing funny happened. Lovely stuff. The Machine Nation strides onward, nothing can stop our rise!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am

There is ,as ibis said, something weird with hitskin.com, so I just put back default theme.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:05 am

Oh Oh ?? Why did it do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:38 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Oh Oh ?? Why did it do that?

Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 5:31 am

Right, just logged in after a night out.

Listened to our IT chap at work today screaming to Tiscali and BT bout DNS etc etc
Have crap broadband at home but * x fingers * had no probs so far.

Am interested to know why one wld have such probs on this site this eve. Am very obviously no techie but genuinely interested.

wot browser do you use? Am obviously a non-techie genuinely trying to learn! study geek
love the emoticons on this site. confused cherry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:06 am

Atticus wrote:
Right, just logged in after a night out.

Listened to our IT chap at work today screaming to Tiscali and BT bout DNS etc etc
Have crap broadband at home but * x fingers * had no probs so far.

Am interested to know why one wld have such probs on this site this eve. Am very obviously no techie but genuinely interested.

wot browser do you use? Am obviously a non-techie genuinely trying to learn! study geek
love the emoticons on this site. confused cherry

It was a bit fecked up when I logged in a few hours ago. I was very worried. EvotingMachine0197 did a sterling job of cleaning up the place and sorting out the difficulties. Relax and enjoy tonight's discussions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gremlins in the system!   Gremlins in the system! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gremlins in the system!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next