Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Crap and friends

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Tax issues - good (but slow and complex)
Tax issues - bad (but swift and persistent)
Billing issues - by numpties - (long and painful)
Health - cold on the way (But not as bad as the cause of bax tax issues)
Realisation - pay (that pay cut wasn't as painless as previously thought)
And I want a dog - Puppy (any dog'll do)

Little issues but it seems like death by a thousand cuts right now.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 am

Cold ( here and present and creating headaches)
Tax (my 2006 tax return still in serious dispute)
Company formation (with partners in 3 countries, irt makes meetings difficult)
Ireland (with my elderly mother living alone there, I must fight her battles for her remotely)
Car (by law, I have to change the wheels now)
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ireland (with my elderly mother living alone there, I must fight her battles for her remotely)

and my landlord won't allow me keep a cat. I ADORE cats. (or Katzen, as they are called in German)
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:31 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

and my landlord won't allow me keep a cat. I ADORE cats. (or Katzen, as they are called in German)

And my wife is allergic to them. I'd never been catless before marriage.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 am

ibis wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

And my wife is allergic to them. I'd never been catless before marriage.

You have my deepest sympathy. My girlfriend doesn't always understand me, but my cat does.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:01 pm

health - fighting cold
pay - fighting the good fight wrt my bonus next year
accom - still looking for the perfect house (at half price in the current market)
marital status - due to change shortly (am nervously excited)
pet - dogless. i like dogs and always had one my gf is afraid of them. not too gone on cats, or birds or fish.
mental state - depressed, can't believe leinster lost to connaught and munster.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:14 pm

zakalwe wrote:
health - fighting cold
pay - fighting the good fight wrt my bonus next year
accom - still looking for the perfect house (at half price in the current market)
marital status - due to change shortly (am nervously excited)
pet - dogless. i like dogs and always had one my gf is afraid of them. not too gone on cats, or birds or fish.
mental state - depressed, can't believe leinster lost to connaught and munster.

Getting married, zakalwe??
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm

yep. assuming she walks through those doors as the appointed time!!!
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:48 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
This thread reminds me of a conversation I heard recently on a radio talk show. It was with a lady (can't remember her name) who wrote a book about sanitation. The book was called something like the secret of shit or something with 'shit' in the title anyway.
She was talking about how we in the west are so oblivious to the importance of sanitation, that all we have to do is press a button or a lever and it's all washed away.
I read the transcript of the emergency radio broadcast that was recently published in the UK. The broadcast was a recording that had been prepared in the event of a nuclear attack on the country. (The transcript is here)
The broadcast reminds people that water may be scarce and should not be used for flushing the toilet.
I wonder in Ireland today, if some kind of disaster were to happen, how many people would realise what a luxury our bathrooms are? How many people would understand that toilets and showers and baths are really extravagant and a total waste of one of our most precious resources?
How many people would keep flushing until they had nothing left to drink?
Just a thought.

looking out the window, i'd say that lack of water would be the least of our worries. its the brain eating zombies i'd be worried about, by law i can only have 50 cartridges for my shotgun, which would only hold out the ghouls for about 10 minutes. i have at least 2 weeks supply of tins of beans and spaghetti, but reckon they'd last about 2days in a disaster as i tend to overeat when nervous or bored.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Congratulations zkalwe! Very Happy

My health is fupped, or least will be for the next six months. But my employer is very understanding, which helps.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 pm

zakalwe wrote:
yep. assuming she walks through those doors as the appointed time!!!

Congratulations and wishing both of you all the best a nice weather on the day
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm

It seems I posted my last post in the wrong thread.
Dagnamit.
I wanted to post it in the other one. 'Pointing Percy.....'
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 3:20 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
It seems I posted my last post in the wrong thread.
Dagnamit.
I wanted to post it in the other one. 'Pointing Percy.....'

have to admit you had me wondering where you were going with your post!
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Yeah I hadn't been awake too long and wasn't thinking straight.
Is there any chance it can be moved? I'm very embarrassed.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:43 pm

Health - ok, niggling cold and difficulty sleeping, but the work day is nearly over, so I won't complain much.
Work - have an interview for a new job next week. Still in UCD, but for more money and far, far away from the woman I currently work with. (Don't get me started... Mad )
Accomm - getting the keys for the new house before the weekend, so can't complain there. Also have somewhere to stay while the minor alterations are being done, so no fear of inhaling plaster in my sleep.
Pets - boyf has finally accepted that he's allergic to dogs, so he's unlikely to insist on our keeping two.
Car - planning on selling it and getting a bike. Anyone want a car?
Weather - the sky is blue above me, so not going to be pessemistic.
Marital status - unlikely to change in the near future, but I've my fill of wedding related stuff as bridesmaid for my sister.
Rugby - I'll admit to rugby related despondence, but not everything can be going my way.

ETA: By the way, I didn't actually mean that to sound as if I was gloating... cherry
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Might have some tickets to Ireland v Canada in Thomond on 8/11/08 if that would cheer you up Bear. I applied for them but subsequently found out I can't go so they'll be up for grabs to the face value bidder when I discover whether or not I have them.

Do you go to much rugby yourself? Rugby and Cricket are the sports of johnfás kings king.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:26 pm

What's Canada like for rugby, surely as a hybrid English/French tradition they'll be unstoppable? Yet I never heard of them.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Canada were quite a decent side prior to professionalism. Professionalism ruined the sport in my opinion - as someone whose interest predates such days. In 1991 they reached the Quarter Final of the Rugby World Cup.

Once rugby went professional, mainly due to Southern Hemisphere pressure, those countries which had a decent rugby population did well as they could support a fully professional game. Those teams which were small (ie south sea islands) and those with a sparse playing population (ie Canada) did very badly from professionalism. To the detriment of the global game in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:34 pm

pretty poor. i played against a canadian team once, they were all about 4 inches taller than us and much stronger but after a tense and nervous first 10 minutes managed to run 40 points past them.

what kind of car, bear. thinking of upgrading when i pass my test. i had my heart on the A5 but my wallet and gf said no. also think its wiser to put the money into a better house when we find somewhere.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:37 pm

There is quite a bit of rugby played in British Columbia. My cousins over there play.

We never played a Canadian team but we played an American team - they were awful. Random fact is that America is the current Olympic rugby champion - non contested since 1930 something.

Used to always hate Australian teams - very brash and used to get nasty when you were beating them.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 pm

johnfás wrote:

Used to always hate Australian teams - very brash and used to get nasty when you were beating them.

Indeed. Australia as a country is just not my cup of tea. I don't want to visit it, I'm not fond of the stuff they do and the people leave something to be desired. I'd just skip it and head for New Zealand.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:47 pm

johnfás wrote:
There is quite a bit of rugby played in British Columbia. My cousins over there play.

We never played a Canadian team but we played an American team - they were awful. Random fact is that America is the current Olympic rugby champion - non contested since 1930 something.

never played an american team but my cousin played for yale as outhalf when there. he went to a section A school in leinster!!! he said the standard tackle was with a closed fist around neck high, mind you he was never considered an athlete in our family!!!

i thought rugby was dropped as an olympic sport in the 1924 due to a brawl, a reserves player was decked with a walking stick and aparently the american anthem was booed at the medal ceremony!!!
the first rugby olympic final was between (iirc) france and germany with britian taking bronze (4 teams entered)!
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Might well have been 1924, it was certainly a long time ago.
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:25 pm

Tax Issues: Pretending Oct 31st is not happening.
Health: Rocking, actually - apart from the fact that I'm in a hotel lobby on the laptop with my dinner and am DYING to go to the loo but have so much expensive kit with me, I'll have to wait til I pack up to go. If I was a man, I could relieve myself on the potted ficus but I'd need more than a sex change to make that possible...
Resolutions: This dinner will not help me with weight loss targets for Christmas
Faith in the World: Was never really lost but rejuvenated today when I lost my wallet (and didn't notice) and a very nice man found it and phoned me. It had a lot of money in it. Larry from Rosslare - you're a star and I'll find you and make it up to you...
Work: Really busy and tired but in a good way - and just got a call for a nice job tomorrow from my fave employer doing something I like doing - how bad?
Pets: Would love a doggie wog, but it wouldn't be fair to the mutt. I'd want him to walk when I want to - at my pace, snuggle at my feet while I work and not mind being on his ownsome all day when I'm out. *sigh*
Car: the seatbelt light won't go out and now the alternator light has joined it for company (but everything's okay - I've checked it out!) Husband mentioned something about it all being fixable with a hammer, so I'm not worrying.
Rugby: Spent years teaching the buggers (including one or two famous ones...) and can't watch it because I don't get it but find the excitable tones of Michael Corcoran somehow soothing in the background on a baking day.
Weather: spent half the afternoon in a sun-trap feeling very smug while arguing politely with the righteous on the phone
Mental State: Following Maslow's Heirarchy, I can't answer that because my survival needs are not being met. Will be able to engage again with higher functions once I've made it past the ficus
Back to top Go down

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 pm

I sit exams. It's what I do.

Other than that I am a happy person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crap and friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap and friends   Crap and friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Crap and friends
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next