Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Sign your name here ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Weyhey !!

We degrease engines with strong liquor here though, lads.
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Sorry auditor I just snook up the stairs last night and crashed in your attic room. Woke up and started shouting as Gaeilge from the top of the stairs. Now as ned's las vegas wife says "Irish up my coffee"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:05 pm

Jesus all this moving around makes me feel like the littlest hobo.

Maybe tomorrow i'll wana settle down, maybe tomorrow I'll just keep moving on.

Mine's a budweiser thanks lad, unless anyone wants to do an aftershock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Any jeigermeister?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:08 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Any jeigermeister?

I brought my own red bull.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:14 pm

riadach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Any jeigermeister?

I have a demijohn of créatúr that'll cure your calves' colic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
riadach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Any jeigermeister?

I have a demijohn of créatúr that'll cure your calves' colic

I little more than a demijohn of that stuff brough my grandfather's calf back to life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:37 pm

Half a bottle and they stage 'Cré na Cille' under your bed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:07 am

Mmmm, nice pixels Cool
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:09 am

TT wrote:
Mmmm, nice pixels Cool
This place is pretty alright. Check out all the buttons in the post a reply page ... picture and video insertion .... wheyhey !!

Is that you Twin Towers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:12 am

I wonder how many more of the p.ie regulars will show up. The Indymedia thread is absolutely brilliant though. So many conspiracy theorists and so few clues. Smile Time for a coffee.

Regards...jmcc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:13 am

Why was the other forum closed? Is the idea that we move from one forum to the next unable to settle, so that we really feel like refugees?
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:18 am

Rocky wrote:
Why was the other forum closed? Is the idea that we move from one forum to the next unable to settle, so that we really feel like refugees?

nah, we came here for the smilies Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Shocked Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:20 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
Rocky wrote:

nah, we came here for the smilies Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Shocked Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Ok fair enough. As good a reason as any I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:21 am

Rocky wrote:
Stability I think. The hoster was apparently moving the MySQL database server(s) and the forum is database database backed. At a guess, the old forum was on shared hosting so it was sharing the database server with other clients on the shared hosting.

Regards...jmcc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:21 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
TT wrote:
Mmmm, nice pixels Cool
This place is pretty alright. Check out all the buttons in the post a reply page ... picture and video insertion .... wheyhey !!

Is that you Twin Towers?

Yep. What are you planning to do with this forum if/when p.ie comes back?

Whats with p.ie anyway?

"Maintenance" I wonder Rolling Eyes

A few quirks with this board I notice
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:24 am

No one seems to know or is telling about p.ie. There's an indymedia thread on it - must go there soon.

This board - yeah, it goes funny and needs to be refreshed. F5 F5 F5. But only once. usually. It's beta phpbb3 I suppose. I haven't noticed anything else though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:25 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
No one seems to know or is telling about p.ie. There's an indymedia thread on it - must go there soon.

This board - yeah, it goes funny and needs to be refreshed. F5 F5 F5. But only once. usually. It's beta phpbb3 I suppose. I haven't noticed anything else though...

I can't say I've had any problems with this board yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:29 am

TT wrote:
Whats with p.ie anyway?

"Maintenance" I wonder Rolling Eyes
This must be the provisional p.ie to provide continuity while the real p.ie has gone away. Smile

The next issue of Phoenix should be interesting. No doubt we'll have some of the mods of p.ie along soon to say that nothing is wrong in a Comical Ali manner.

Regards...jmcc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:38 am

Bit of a struggle to get registered - thanks for your patience Auditor....ooooo lovely smilies......now I can really express my inner self cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:39 am

Didn't The Bear say on the Refuge that there had been no news?

Maybe I'm misremembering...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:46 am

Boards had its moments.

This was one of them for me on the Creative Writing forum - one of those 'read this before posting' lines:

"RULES FOR POSTING IN CREATIVE WRITING:

I want everyone to be able to not only write freely, but to also be able to read freely in this forum.

In order to post your work here all I ask is that if your writing contains Profanity or "adult content", Please put a header in the title so those who may be offended will not run across it mistakingly and have a stroke while reading it."

I suppose all creative writing is about the subtleties and nuance of language...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:31 am

One more refugee finds succour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 1:34 pm

rendeer

I like him best. The elephant looks a bit rude.

I don't have much news on p.ie, though I can confirm that Dave isn't dead.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 1:39 pm

jmcc wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Stability I think. The hoster was apparently moving the MySQL database server(s) and the forum is database database backed. At a guess, the old forum was on shared hosting so it was sharing the database server with other clients on the shared hosting.

Regards...jmcc

It was a bit all over the place last weekend. But once sorted it was very stable.

The main reason for moving was that the silverpond.eu domain and webserver are registered to me by name, address and phone number. I was a tad worried about that, as under the 1961?? Defamation Act, that made me a publisher.

This one is far more anonymous. And since none of us legally own the domain name or webspace, it's a more comfortable position to be in. I hope Auditor agrees with that. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next