Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Council of State Election 2008

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
AfricanDave
Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
EvotingMachine0197
Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
SeathrúnCeitinn
Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Does anybody else want to nominate themselves or others?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:08 am

I think it might be best to announce my nominations before the elections take place to fill the remaining seats on the Council. I will aim to announce my nominations tomorrow and inaugurate the election process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:46 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I think it might be best to announce my nominations before the elections take place to fill the remaining seats on the Council. I will aim to announce my nominations tomorrow and inaugurate the election process.

Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Holy_g10
"Get on with it"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:30 pm

My nominations to the Council of State are;

Auditor #9.
An elder statesman of Machine Nation, his leadership qualities are what is necessary to provide the Council of State with authority, gravitas and an ability to come together on key issues.

Lestat.
As a newer citizen, Lestat brings a fresher perspective. Lestat has quickly become a valuable citizen so I'm recognising that by elevating Lestat to this position.

Edo.
Edo is a sagacious, experienced and highly intelligent operator. I feel he brings a great weight of education, experience and eloquence to the Machine Nation. Edo is an ideal Councillor of State.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Auditor #9.
An elder statesman of Machine Nation, his leadership qualities are what is necessary to provide the Council of State with authority, gravitas and an ability to come together on key issues.

Lestat.
As a newer citizen, Lestat brings a fresher perspective. Lestat has quickly become a valuable citizen so I'm recognising that by elevating Lestat to this position.

Edo.
Edo is a sagacious, experienced and highly intelligent operator. I feel he brings a great weight of education, experience and eloquence to the Machine Nation. Edo is an ideal Councillor of State.

What is our electoral list Ard-Taoiseach ? - are we excluding everyone in a government post? At this stage I can't remember who is doing what. Are we allowed to nominate non-members? Do all nominees have to be human?

Very Happy Cool Laughing Suspect Rolling Eyes queen tongue confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:11 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Auditor #9.

Lestat.

Edo.

What is our electoral list Ard-Taoiseach ? - are we excluding everyone in a government post? At this stage I can't remember who is doing what. Are we allowed to nominate non-members? Do all nominees have to be human?

Very Happy Cool Laughing Suspect Rolling Eyes queen tongue confused

Anyone who is a Machine National citizen can nominate themselves to become a Councillor of State. They require another Machine National to second their nomination in order to become a candidate. If more than three candidates emerge for the Council, we will have an election and the three most popular candidates will be duly elected to the Council. If you are a Minister running for election, you must resign your position the day before assuming office as a Councillor of State.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:52 am

So how many are there so far?
I would put my name forward but would be afraid no one would vote for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:58 am

I'd like to second African Dave's very tentative nomination. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:59 am

AfricanDave wrote:
So how many are there so far?
I would put my name forward but would be afraid no one would vote for me.

Go ahead, AfricanDave. You'd be another good member of the Council. At the moment EvotingMachine and Seathrún are candidates. If you put yourself forward we'll have three candidates for three vacancies.

If no-one else puts themselves forward by Friday I'll just appoint yourself, Seathrún and EvotingMachine to the Council and we can proceed to hammering out a Programme for Government.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 1:02 am

Thank you, Kate.
I've never been one for popularity contests but feel I have a lot to offer and can do a lot of good as a Councillor of State
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 am

AfricanDave wrote:
Thank you, Kate.
I've never been one for popularity contests but feel I have a lot to offer and can do a lot of good as a Councillor of State

Indeed you can. If it comes to a vote it's very likely you will be duly elected. I think the Council can be a guiding force as the Machine National Government shapes the Programme for Government.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:05 am

I would like to third AfricanDave. Does Johnfas have more than one job yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:11 am

cactus flower wrote:
I would like to third AfricanDave. Does Johnfas have more than one job yet?

johnfás is Minister for Health and Children. He only has 1 job so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:13 am

Ard-Taoiseach, would you feel up to posting a Who is Who list for those of us (me Embarassed ) who have lost track?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:16 am

I'm unemployed at the moment and we got the internet fixed today so count me in. I need a project.

And I'll second this Lestat fellow. They sound like the right stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 5:14 pm

905 wrote:
I'm unemployed at the moment and we got the internet fixed today so count me in. I need a project.

And I'll second this Lestat fellow. They sound like the right stuff.

Righteo, I second you, we have an election then. 4 candidates for three seats. The polls will open tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 5:36 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach, would you feel up to posting a Who is Who list for those of us (me Embarassed ) who have lost track?

I'll go create a sticky in this forum so you can see for yourself.

You can view the list on this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Polls have opened for the Council of State election. Polls stay open for 6 days. Vote now, make it count!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 6:43 pm

FÓGRA UM TÓGHCÁN

Polls will close Thursday, July 10th at 11:30AM Sharp

Last edited by EvotingMachine0197 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Evmfor10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:36 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Evmfor10

D'ya know, it appears that the above bit of election literature isn't actually illegal. All the provisions against bribery and threats seem to be specific to Dail elections.

The Prevention of Electoral Abuses Act, 1923

Electoral Act, 1992

Though I could probably apply some part of Part 3 of the 2004 Act if I was to be creative.

ELECTORAL (AMENDMENT) ACT 2004

Where's the AG gone? Actually who is the AG?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Have we only one vote? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 9:53 pm

MikeW wrote:

Where's the AG gone? Actually who is the AG?

Hermes is our Attorney General. He can advise you on ensuring the legality of these elections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Kate P wrote:

Yes, is that an issue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Yes, is that an issue?

Yes. I want to vote for all of them. Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral

Is it too late to nominate expatgirl?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next