Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

What the Mainlanders are saying

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage

What the Mainlanders are saying - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Mainlanders are saying   What the Mainlanders are saying - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 am

arnaudherve wrote:
On French cultural radio, equivalent of BBC 4:

Clic on "Ecoutez" red button top left

Writings are numerous. Which political shade do you want?
Merci monsieur. L'Anarchisme s'il vous plait.

Ó de le rive gauche o de la rive Vert and pardon my french I haven't written it for 18 years.

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the Mainlanders are saying   What the Mainlanders are saying - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:09 am

cactus flower wrote:
Quote :
I'd have to come back to that after you've shown there is some critical change in the Treaty. There doesn't seem to me to be one - it looks like a few small steps, most of them in directions I would consider good directions.

Well precisely Ibis. No one seems to want to say why not passing it would matter that much, apart from the nonsense about the six words on climate change etc.

If I accept your point that the Treaty is just a little light housekeeping, why all the fuss?

I haven't said it's a bit of light housekeeping either. It's a set of necessary institutional changes, not a bit of hoovering. The fuss is because the institutional changes are necessary.

cactus flower wrote:
One would have to be a fool not to see it as a very considerable step towards a federal Europe. That is probably its best selling point.

As the actual federalists amongst us have pointed out, it isn't anything of the kind - it's nearly as hard a sell to federalists as it is to nationalists. Simply saying "it's federalist" doesn't make it so, except in the almost meaningless sense that any move away from total and exclusive national sovereignty can be described as "federalist".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the Mainlanders are saying   What the Mainlanders are saying - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 1:21 am

Auditor 9 wrote:
L'Anarchisme s'il vous plait.
I don't find anything yet so I offer you this funny video. It's from a recent movie that voluntarily accumulates cliches and makes fun of French spy novels from the sixties, that considered French spies as naturally dominant in Arab countries.
The scene takes place in Cairo, "a nest of spies" as they say in the movie. The tune is from "Bambino" by vintage singer Dalida, which is itself very nostalgic and Mediterranean. The fact that the spy learns the instrument and Arabic immediately is part of the parody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the Mainlanders are saying   What the Mainlanders are saying - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Most enjoyable. Pépé le Moko was the man for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the Mainlanders are saying   What the Mainlanders are saying - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What the Mainlanders are saying
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: The Open Europe Forum-
Jump to: