Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Right so, lads and lasses, here is the next instalment of questions on all things Trek. The prize for this quiz is a Klingon bat'leth.

So, the questions...

1.What is this?

Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) Warbir10

2.Cardassian, Breen, Jem'hadar, Trill

Which one is the odd one out and why?

3.What is the name of the second Star Trek film?

4.What does LCARS stand for?

5.Michael and Denise

What completes the above?

6.Who is the son of the USS Enterprise D's chief medical officer?

7.What does UFP stand for?

8.What colour Federation uniform indicated command in Star Trek: TOS?

9.Who is Boothby?

10.Who was the first to utter "Beam me up, Scotty!" in Star Trek?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:02 pm

C'mon and have a go at these lovely questions!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:19 pm

They're too bleedin hard. I'd have to cheat. Is no.8 Mustard ?

Edit: Oh and no.6 is Wesley Crusher

No. 10 has to be Kirk, surely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:38 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
They're too bleedin hard. I'd have to cheat. Is no.8 Mustard ?

Edit: Oh and no.6 is Wesley Crusher

No. 10 has to be Kirk, surely.

You're doing well. I predict that you will win a prize if you attempt each one.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm

1.What is this?

A Romulan Warbird

Cardassians, because they're scummy bastards. Or else Jemhadar because they live in a different quadrant ?

3.What is the name of the second Star Trek film? The search for spock is the only one I can think of

5.Michael and Denise

What completes the above? The ships computer voices ?

6.Who is the son of the USS Enterprise D's chief medical officer? Wesley Crusher

7.What does UFP stand for? United Federation of Planets

8.What colour Federation uniform indicated command in Star Trek: TOS? Mustard

9.Who is Boothby?

10.Who was the first to utter "Beam me up, Scotty!" in Star Trek? I'll say Kirk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Not bad, not bad at all. A bat'leth could be swinging your way on that form.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:59 pm

I'll let Cookie have a go before I go cheating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm

I'll let Cookie have a go before I go cheating.

A bat'leth would definitely be swinging your way if I found you doing that! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 9:27 pm

Can I have another go here - or should I be content that I've had my fun and go all serious like Worf?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:34 pm

Kate P wrote:
Can I have another go here - or should I be content that I've had my fun and go all serious like Worf?

Kate P, you can do whatever you like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Eh, have we reached the closing date for entries yet ?
I think it's time you did a count to see who won. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Eh, have we reached the closing date for entries yet ?
I think it's time you did a count to see who won. bounce

Oh no, I'll leave it open till tomorrow. I want to give Kate P a chance to dazzle with her, unique, answers.

Plus, I want to see how cookiemonster fairs with these set of questions.

I think I'll publish the answers to the first quiz tomorrow, so that this can be an educational exercise!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Is maith liom na ceisteanna seo, Ard Taoiseach. Actually I really like them - great mix of the obscure and the obvious. I'll send my answers in later this evening.

I just wonder if a Klingon bat'leth can handle a woman like me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 pm

Kate P wrote:
Is maith liom na ceisteanna seo, Ard Taoiseach. Actually I really like them - great mix of the obscure and the obvious. I'll send my answers in later this evening.

Go raibh míle Cáit, uber deine Antworten, ich freue mich sehr darauf!

Quote :
I just wonder if a Klingon bat'leth can handle a woman like me...

Well, this could be a very special bat'leth, Kate P, a very special one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Now is a good time to google bat'leth so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Kate P wrote:
Now is a good time to google bat'leth so...

Ah now, that'd ruin the surprise!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:06 am

C'mon, have a go at these, they won't bite!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:09 am

I've been falling asleep for the last couple of hours but I'll have a go. And if I win, I want a Worf. Please and thanks. Apologising now if I fall asleep mid post. Farm week is on in the background too and not helping...

Right here goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:23 am

This will help you Kate

Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) Catchchoc_bar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:35 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
This will help you Kate

Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) Catchchoc_bar

I *heart* catch bars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:57 am

.What is this?

People nowadays have lost touch with their history, particularly their prehistory and more specifically, the creatures of the technological prehistory. Young lads nowadays don't realise that before Action Man and Transformers, there was a whole other world where creations hovered over circuit board jungles. It's a Pteredactylic Metallicus et Solderus

Cardassian, Breen and Jem'hadar were members of the Intergalactic Rat Pack, seen below in their younger days singing their most popular number. Cardassian was the singer of colour, Breen has the nifty nose-picking collars and Jem'hadar has those multifunctional eyebrows. It's a little known fact that this is the song that Shatner used to sing before the cameras rolled on set.

The Shatner Shower Song

Trill is, obviously, a bird food favoured by Pteredactylic above.

"Wasn't This Out Last Year?" Part one of four.

It's shorthand for the injuries caused when the vessel hadn't got the Feck Off Shield up in time and got bombarded by baddie bombs. Lurching, Crashing and Attack Related Soreness.

5.Michael and Denise

...up a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes cyberlove, then comes remote marriage, then comes a Oh My God I Don't Believe It

Dr Bob - seen here in surgical scrubs

It's the intergalactic support group for dyslexic gay starfleet commanders.

Barbie Pink or PVC black - depending on the kinds of command you prefer.

9.Who is Boothby?

He managed for a while under that alias but you'll see him here in his usual guise. Wasn't long before he was caught out; those ears are hard to disguise.

Link (no pun intended) Honkthrob

Interestingly when R2D2 said this first, the scene was modded and left in the Holding Pen for a while so the mods could argue about what he was attempting to incite. Eventually it was reinstated but Scotty was never the same afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:59 am

Links above are in black on answers 2,5 and 9. Irritating that. But worth seeing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 3:26 pm

I got somebody else to answer these. No really.

And without the use of the net too. Embarassed

1 romulan warbird

2 trill, they're conjoined species

3 The wrath of kahn

5 Both Security Chiefs

6 Weslely Crusher

7 United Federation of Planets

8 Gold

9 Groundskeeper at the academy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Kate P wrote:
.What is this?

People nowadays have lost touch with their history, particularly their prehistory and more specifically, the creatures of the technological prehistory. Young lads nowadays don't realise that before Action Man and Transformers, there was a whole other world where creations hovered over circuit board jungles. It's a Pteredactylic Metallicus et Solderus

Cardassian, Breen and Jem'hadar were members of the Intergalactic Rat Pack, seen below in their younger days singing their most popular number. Cardassian was the singer of colour, Breen has the nifty nose-picking collars and Jem'hadar has those multifunctional eyebrows. It's a little known fact that this is the song that Shatner used to sing before the cameras rolled on set.

The Shatner Shower Song

Trill is, obviously, a bird food favoured by Pteredactylic above.

"Wasn't This Out Last Year?" Part one of four.

It's shorthand for the injuries caused when the vessel hadn't got the Feck Off Shield up in time and got bombarded by baddie bombs. Lurching, Crashing and Attack Related Soreness.

5.Michael and Denise

...up a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes cyberlove, then comes remote marriage, then comes a Oh My God I Don't Believe It

Dr Bob - seen here in surgical scrubs

It's the intergalactic support group for dyslexic gay starfleet commanders.

Barbie Pink or PVC black - depending on the kinds of command you prefer.

9.Who is Boothby?

He managed for a while under that alias but you'll see him here in his usual guise. Wasn't long before he was caught out; those ears are hard to disguise.

Link (no pun intended) Honkthrob

Interestingly when R2D2 said this first, the scene was modded and left in the Holding Pen for a while so the mods could argue about what he was attempting to incite. Eventually it was reinstated but Scotty was never the same afterwards.

Excellent stuff, a fantastic effort which shall be rewarded. I think I will award the prizes to the most accurate answers and the most unique, which are yours, Kate P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Presentation of the awards for this round of the Star Trek Quiz will take place in an Síbín Reoite at 18:30. Please make your way there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)   Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: The Next Generation(of, you guessed it, questions!)
Page 1 of 1