Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:56 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I regularly wonder what it's like - the Star Trek economy on their earth. Money doesn't exist, people educate themselves all day, they must travel and god knows what - I must look at that link of yours one day Pax. Just read a bit of your post Ard and they drink tea do they? We must be on the right track so.

Although I'm not a trekkie - yet because I'm collecting the DVDs slowly and hope one day to sit down to a 500+ hour marathon space session and get up utterly metamorphosised into a trekkie. I've seen a lot of the New Generation on TV but didn't like DS9; I've seen upto 7 of stargate and the last one or two up to there were blech. After Daniel **** it's just not the same.

I'm also collecting Babylon 5 and I have 4 of them and I need #4. As you can see I'm not in a hurry.

On the subject of the thread I'd be
embarrassed to say I had a gross ambition where I would make a generational impression on people's lives - I'd like to live a bit of a low-key buddhistic life overall but do plenty of travel and sail around the world and build stuff before I kick it. I'd like to learn lots of things - minor personal ambitions like learn Arabic or Chinese and live in another two or three countries before I finally croak. I'd like to be unafraid of croaking too if that can be counted an ambition - I detest the thought of death, it's so final and ultimate as I don't believe in God just lying under the ground with the grass growing up above you and things eating you and having no tomorrow and no yesterday and to be closer to the universe than I am now (to paraphrase Oscar Wilde)

I like that kiva site cookie - it would be great to make a difference to people's lives too.

TOS/TNG great. But oddly I sort of preferred much of DS9. Not sure why, perhaps because it began to get political...

Like edo I like Farscape. Never much liked Stagate, but Stargate Atlantis I began to really like as a guilty pleasure until they got rid of their original commander and brought in the one from SG1. Battlestar is pretty good, but bleak...

Mod - I've split this from the What's Your Dream thread so that you can do all of this in private. Wink KP

Last edited by Kate P on Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Split thread)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Can we have an extraterrestrial party then, next time ? alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:33 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Can we have an extraterrestrial party then, next time ? alien

Why not? It sounds like a great idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:20 pm

How would that work then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:39 am

WorldbyStorm wrote:
How would that work then?

Would you like to join the extraterrestrial party planning group? alien No Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 5:06 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
I've seen a lot of the New Generation on TV ..
albino
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:44 am

I wonder do they have the internet in the Delta Quadrant ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:51 am

Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 200x150
One of my favourite stories is Patrck Stewart telling Roddenberry that he was worried about the fact he was bald.
"Surely they would have discoved a cure for baldness by the 23rd century?"

Roddenberrys answer is great, "Patrick, by the 23th century they wont care"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2008 1:19 am

Rickie Gervais and Captain Picard. Is this funny? I don't think so Neutral

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm

bounce

Bumpity bump. This site is a must-look for the fan of Trek: Memory Alpha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
My dream is for the utopian world which is the United Federation of Planets from Star Trek to have a real-life equivalent by the time of the 24th Century.

If we can keep it together to have such a successful, pluralist, civilised and progressive polity as the UFP in the future, then I can die happy, knowing that future generations will grow and progress.

I rather hope that doesn't happen, the future would be very dull. I like Star Trek and the issues it raises, but I'd prefer to fly around a dangerous galaxy in my X-Wing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread   Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh Alright! Nerdy Trekker Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2