Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:04 am

Cool. It seems to be in the middle of a small side-road in the Kremlin...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:05 am

Jaysus you really don't like the auld Ruskis do you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:11 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Jaysus you really don't like the auld Ruskis do you

Just pressing the most likely buttons, that's all....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:13 am

What about wodka and Anna Kournikova? Sure to press the right buttons, especially when mixed in the right quantities...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 am

I don't think that the KGB will be looking for those terms particularly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:25 am

toxic avenger wrote:
Cool. It seems to be in the middle of a small side-road in the Kremlin...

Yes, that's the one Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:30 am

evercloserunion wrote:
I also saw Kate's inquiry about her blog. I am aware that you can have stand-alone blogs (like Wordpress, Blogspot etc) which allow several different bloggers to write to the one blog. I wonder how many posters on MN have low-key blogs or blogging ambitions. If that number is more than two or three, I further wonder if it would be feasible or desirable to set up a "MachineNation" blog which various MN posters can use as their personal blog. If such a system were established I think it could produce interesting results.

We tried using the forumakers blog function, but it wasn't up to it. Which do you think would be better, Wp or Blogspot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:36 am

As a non-blogger I am not sure. I don't know if both offer multi-author blogs, I know WP does and I'm sure BS probably does as well. I heard before that WP is a more complicated system than BS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:43 am

Just for fun.

Last edited by cactus flower on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cf mod - in case of misunderstanding)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:45 am

You are naughty. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:48 am

I'm about to delete these posts TA - enjoy them while you may.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:49 am

Sorry, work away, I'm finished.

That time it was just a remote lay-by to the East of St. Petersburg, in the middle of forest...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 12:50 am

cactus flower wrote:
I'm about to delete these posts TA - enjoy them while you may.

feck him anyway, next he'll be writing things like

Last edited by cactus flower on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Audi - do you want to get us all rounded up before the morning - cf?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 pm

What's wrong with the old blog out of curiosity?
http://machinenation.sosblog.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 4:43 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
Sorry, work away, I'm finished.

That time it was just a remote lay-by to the East of St. Petersburg, in the middle of forest...

But where are the Brits ? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:02 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
Does anyone ever look at the 'Who's Online world map? I looked at it last night, there were people on the site from Ukraine, Manila, several places across America, etc. Since then there have been people on from Spain, India, and Norway! Mad stuff! Hello to you all...

One quibble. My arrow has me living somewhere up in Knocknaheeny/Sunday's Well direction, when I in fact live at the Lough. Why is that, is my IP routed through there?

Unless they are posting from Ireland and routing through proxies!

Tor and privoxy changes IP every 15mins or so. One minute you're posting 'from' China the next 'from' Jamaica. Great way to make your site seem all cosmopolitan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Pax wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Does anyone ever look at the 'Who's Online world map? I looked at it last night, there were people on the site from Ukraine, Manila, several places across America, etc. Since then there have been people on from Spain, India, and Norway! Mad stuff! Hello to you all...

One quibble. My arrow has me living somewhere up in Knocknaheeny/Sunday's Well direction, when I in fact live at the Lough. Why is that, is my IP routed through there?

Tor and privoxy changes IP every 15mins or so. One minute you're posting 'from' China the next 'from' Jamaica. Great way to make your site seem all cosmopolitan.

Perhaps that explains why we couldn't see the Brits. TA said enough to get them out of their fox hole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:24 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Pax wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Perhaps that explains why we couldn't see the Brits. TA said enough to get them out of their fox hole.

Exactly. Now where's that tin-foil hat.... Suspect

(although joking aside, tech like Tor can save your life posting in China,....)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Pax wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Pax wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Exactly. Now where's that tin-foil hat.... Suspect

(although joking aside, tech like Tor can save your life posting in China,....)

Do you in all seriousness not think internet fora are tracked with software picking up keywords? Its long been commented on on P.ie that zionist posters pop up like Bosco as soon as any relevant topic comes up.

We had great fun here last night poking them into action. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 2:23 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Quote :
AuditorGeneral is the Root Admin account and isn't really used. It's good practice not to sign in to a system as root really.
Indeed, something I know well from my use of Linux. A lesson learned the hard way... several times affraid

Damn shame about EVM's questionable taste in website appearances. I think it looked cool, very KDE-esque mind so it may have invoked the revolutionary spirit in me.

Ah now here. We had a consensus on that I think. Let me dig out the minutes of that design meeting ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Ah no don't 'tis fine in fact it's very lovely.

People get used to things on a forum don't they though? Remember the new p.ie opened and you had seven threads on why the avatar wasn't on the same side as the last time ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 2:30 pm

I started the same thread here. It looks much better on the left Very Happy. Because we read from left to right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ah no don't 'tis fine in fact it's very lovely.

People get used to things on a forum don't they though? Remember the new p.ie opened and you had seven threads on why the avatar wasn't on the same side as the last time ...
Indeed. Here I hadn't even known about this other design until it was there on the screen, had forgotten about it until just now, and will no doubt forget about it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions   All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All The Lovely Fancy Web-Site Functions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2