Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

What's Your Dream?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:09 pm

How do you see yourself making a difference in the World?

With so many people in the World it is hard for one person to make a difference? Is it enough to raise children, live a good life and fight the good fight or do people want to leave something that strangers will remember them by?

What's your dream?
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Microfinancing. I think it's the most fantastic idea EVER and I am hooked.

My dream is to realise my daily goal, to leave anything that crosses my path a little better than when I found it. It's very simple and for the most part very easy. If I can leave the earth a little better then when I arrived I've lived a good life.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Microfinancing - is it your personal goal to be involved in it? Otherwise, it sounds like you want to be a good man which is admirable. I think I would like to be a good Irish man specifically. I like this country.

I am involved in it. I've funded a few projects all by my self but I've mostly contributed to bigger ones (I like big goals and I live big acchievements even more) and they've all worked out swimmingly. I'd like to keep in contact with the people on the other end a bit more but then I do need sleep.

But promoting it is all good too. http://www.kiva.org
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:01 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Have you done a bit of research on that site? Are you guaranteed they are genuine projects? If so, it is a great resource. you can't beat a dream that is based in reality.

It would be great to be able to come up with another world changing idea like micro-financing or the footprint forests. I think that would be a dream of mine - coming up with a great idea and then being able to implement it.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:38 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Have you done a bit of research on that site? Are you guaranteed they are genuine projects? If so, it is a great resource. you can't beat a dream that is based in reality.

It would be great to be able to come up with another world changing idea like micro-financing or the footprint forests. I think that would be a dream of mine - coming up with a great idea and then being able to implement it.

I have indeed, they are a rock solid organisation. They've facilitated over 20 million dollars in microfinance loans already. And their rate of payback is shockingly high. I've never been left short.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:43 pm

My dream?

An enormous carved stone figure in my likeness deep in Southern Tunisia on the edge of the Sahara at the entrance to a gigantic bespoke city designed by me and built by my minions. And on the pedestal these words carved:

"My name is WorldbyStorm, primary comrade amongst comrades:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Great, isn't it? Last for ever...
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:45 pm

WorldbyStorm wrote:
My dream?

An enormous carved stone figure in my likeness deep in Southern Tunisia on the edge of the Sahara at the entrance to a gigantic bespoke city designed by me and built by my minions. And on the pedestal these words carved:

Laughing

And the yield on that property investment would be phenomenal! Self-liquidating inside 5 years I'd imagine. A real winner, WorldByStorm!
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
WorldbyStorm wrote:
My dream?

Laughing

And the yield on that property investment would be phenomenal! Self-liquidating inside 5 years I'd imagine. A real winner, WorldByStorm!

You bet! I'm drawing up the plans as we write... You should see the artificial sea I've designed to the east. Some fine properties overlooking it...
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:54 pm

WorldbyStorm wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
WorldbyStorm wrote:
My dream?

Laughing

You bet! I'm drawing up the plans as we write... You should see the artificial sea I've designed to the east. Some fine properties overlooking it...

What's it to be? Are you going to sell them for the big capital injection now, or are you going for the long-haul by renting them out?

What about the commercial element? You could incorporate an FEZ into your new metropolis which is a tax haven. It'd have MNCs pouring into it in a shot! Vive la capitalisme!
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:16 am

The girlfriend's dad fulfilled his dream today...

He brought home one of these Rolling Eyes There was me thinking to myself, you have depreciated that by a few grand already Razz. You'd know I came from an accounting family...

What's Your Dream? Mercedes-SLK-Class
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:25 am

On no grounds could I justify getting one of those kinds of cars - none whatsoever, personally. If I won one I'd sell it and spend 7K on a clapped out diesel and have it converted to burn vegetables. The rest of the money would contribute to buying a boat...

What's Your Dream? 664%5C22664-Westerly-Unspecified-D-1
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:26 am

johnfás wrote:
The girlfriend's dad fulfilled his dream today...

He brought home one of these Rolling Eyes There was me thinking to myself, you have depreciated that by a few grand already Razz. You'd know I came from an accounting family...

What's Your Dream? Mercedes-SLK-Class

There must be some money in hairdressing these days.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:28 am

Sailing is tremendous fun Auditor! Aside from wasting their money on plush cars, sailing is the other hobby of their family... Clearly they have alot more dosh than we Razz. Ah well, keeps me in the relationship afro

I find it hard to spend alot of money on something that won't appreciate in value. But then again I'd take more enjoyment from that value of books than I would of car so I guess it depends on what you're into!
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:34 am

johnfás wrote:
Sailing is tremendous fun Auditor! Aside from wasting their money on plush cars, sailing is the other hobby of their family... Clearly they have alot more dosh than we Razz. Ah well, keeps me in the relationship afro

I find it hard to spend alot of money on something that won't appreciate in value. But then again I'd take more enjoyment from that value of books than I would of car so I guess it depends on what you're into!

Enjoyment and satisfaction is it's own reward. A car like that is bought as a personal investment, not a capital one.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:20 am

The answer is to buy a your beautiful convertible when it two - years old and has taken its worst depreciation hit, and convert it to run on a wind-rechargeable battery.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:08 am

Thread split. Trekkies Here! All those who dream of all things Trekkie are asked to take the above diversion to the Trekkie corner of the MN universe.

And may The Force or the Borg (or whatever!) be with you.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:12 am

To get through the day without a drink.
Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:25 am

I'd love to spend more time in Africa, that's my current dream for the day. Now, enough procrastinating, time to put the foot on the pedal and study for last exam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's Your Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Dream?   What's Your Dream? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream?
Page 1 of 1