Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A question I never found the answer to.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2008 5:42 pm

riadach wrote:
ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Did you learn all this back when you were popping up unannounced in people's back gardens, ibis?

The geology is, although the soil stuff is more from the MSc. Archaeology & history is a personal interest (up to about 1750).

I agree. It all gets a bit shite after that.

Quiet you... my studies for my history degree focused on the Renaissance and Reformation onwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2008 6:39 pm

johnfás wrote:
riadach wrote:
ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Did you learn all this back when you were popping up unannounced in people's back gardens, ibis?

The geology is, although the soil stuff is more from the MSc. Archaeology & history is a personal interest (up to about 1750).

I agree. It all gets a bit shite after that.

Quiet you... my studies for my history degree focused on the Renaissance and Reformation onwards.

Pft. 250 years of post-1750 stuff, and 4.6 billion years of pre-1750 stuff on Earth alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2008 9:44 pm

From second year of college onwards, I didn't study anything earlier than 1860. Embarassed

Why were you popping up in people's back gardens?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2008 10:09 pm

A smurf popped up in my garden once, a cousin of Bear's perhaps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2008 10:53 pm

TheBear wrote:
From second year of college onwards, I didn't study anything earlier than 1860. Embarassed

From second year on I went back in time - back to the beginnings of language. My electives in my final year were all based on medieval German. I loved that stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:02 am

TheBear wrote:

Geological mapping in south Donegal - I was following a sunken stream in limestone, and eventually had to pop out of the little "gorge" or go underground. Turned out to be the bottom of someone's back garden. The lady of the house (who was gardening at the time) was surprisingly unfazed.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:34 am

johnfás wrote:
A smurf popped up in my garden once, a cousin of Bear's perhaps?

Yes, but you are a Law student, so that is to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question I never found the answer to.   A question I never found the answer to. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A question I never found the answer to.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2