Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage

MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 Empty
PostSubject: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:24 pm

The Observer on pig remains being allowed to be fed to chickens
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/may/04/foodtech.food

Ten simple steps to beat Lisbon Treaty confusion - Sunday Tribune

(And the Tribune site is so slow as to virtually inaccessible today ... :?)

Americans ditch gas-guzzling SUVs as petrol hits $4 a gallon

Anti-Lisbon leader spins false story of Ahern hotel fire

Sunday Business Post:

Radical New Bill to CPO land cheap for public projects and to require landowners to develop zoned lands in 5 years or have it CPOd below value (in the present market they may all just as well wrap it up now and hand it over - cf)

Public Service reforms to top Cowen's agenda

Traffic ban and switch to 80% bus trips proposed for Dublin City Centre

Row over funding Waterford Crystal 39 million euro bail out.

And a good day of soccer and rugby ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Anyone hear Marian Finucane's show today?
The Fire Service, the Press who were there and Dermot Aherne all confirmed there was a fire. David Cochrane says there wasn't. DC's line:-

"But my source asked the bell boy"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:08 pm

I heard it. I don't think it was David's finest hour. Then again he was rather bamboozled. Everyone, including the presenter, went on the attack and then they brought up his Libertas position. Which I thought was a bit rich from the Fianna Fáiler who I think was also a property developer. I doubt he'd take to kindly to someone suggesting the two were intermingled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:15 pm

johnfás wrote:
I heard it. I don't think it was David's finest hour. Then again he was rather bamboozled. Everyone, including the presenter, went on the attack and then they brought up his Libertas position. Which I thought was a bit rich from the Fianna Fáiler who I think was also a property developer. I doubt he'd take to kindly to someone suggesting the two were intermingled.

But that's not to say that we shoudn't be saying it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:06 pm

He handled it badly but he really was under attack from all sides.

Hilarious radio though...

"Hello Dick I didn't know you were on..."

"Ah hello Dermot how are things?"

Only in Ireland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Yes, heard that. " I wouldn't have come on if I'd known you were on Dick".

Dick was out on a canvass - at least the Nos have got the Yes's trying a bit harder.

I caught both the exchanges with Dick Roche (DC's and McGuirk's). People seem mostly to be cross to have to concede that Roche came off best in an encounter (any encounter). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008   MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

MN News Review - Sunday 4th May 2008
Page 1 of 1