Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Hehehehe..thanks mate!

Perhaps we should offer new posters some beer or wine as the evening wears on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:27 pm

20000miles wrote:
Hehehehe..thanks mate!

Here's the place:

An Sibín Reoite

Razz Mad Laughing drunken Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:05 pm

20000miles wrote:
Hehehehe..thanks mate!

Felicitations, dear 20000miles! I extend, on behalf of the Machine National Commonwealth a heartfelt welcome to these shores. It is my hope that you will enjoy the excellent tea brewed by the thoughtful cactus flower while beginning your life posting here in the Machine Nation. Céad Míle Fáilte!

Machine Nation is a communicated dedicated to learning about the machinery of politics and the politics of machinery. Science, sport, society, the economy, agriculture, food and so much more are mused over here. It is our ambition that this is done in a calm and cordial manner. If you find that this is absent from here, or you find yourself not entirely satisfied with the atmosphere here, then I recommend you to PM any of the Global Moderators so that you can see the situation rectified.

Arís, céad míle fáilte go Náisiún Máisin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 9787

A nice mug of tea for you Lukedelmege

...and one for you ballinasloe.

Hope you enjoy posting here. Our Charter is linked on the home page. You're welcome to pm a mod or post in the Comments thread if you've got any questions.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Much obliged Cactus for the tay and bisscake, Digestive, the Queen of crushable dippers, a drink's too wet without one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 am

evercloserunion: You are very welcome to Machine Nation and we have a custom of hitting people with a dose of caffeine on their first post as an icebreaker but I see you've already broke the ice on the Dáil thread. Hopefully you will find time for some caffeine with us over the winter months which will be long dark and dreary and the best place to put yourself will be in front of a nice warm computer.

You might recognise some of the names here from p.ie and please don't be afraid to stick your nose in whereever you feel like it - it's still a democracy shaping up slowly here. Well, it's an Anarchacy or something I'd hope ...

enjoy!

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 Espresso9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:02 am

Ooh, pre-emptive caffeine! Thank you very much for the warm welcome Auditor. Just here from, you guessed it, P.ie and I'm hoping to be here for a while. Happy to see that it seems to be the better posters from P.ie who have taken refuge on this site (hopefully you are all thinking the same thing about my arrival! Wink) Anywho, cheers for the coffee, looking forward to joining in the discussion here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:22 am

Have a look around - we've tried to categorise everything we talk about here from politics to religion to wind-up mobile phones. There's also a site development forum and an extensive chat forum which tries to cover all the different species of shi7e that humans can extend their intelligence to. When there's nowhere else to put your conversation there's the bar, An Sibín Reoite Wink

Great to have you here and if you have any good friends then please feel free to invite them too.

As I say the site is still being shaped and moulded and all that so you may feel free to add your ideas if any strike you while here. It's all just one big experiment, really ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 am

You're very welcome evercloserunion. I think I saw you over at P.ie today.

Hope that coffee was a decaff or you will be up here all night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 am

Céad míle fáilte go Náisiún Máisin evercloserunion! Tá súil agam go bhfuil an suíomh seo níos compordach, níos fáiltiúil agus mar sin de i gcomórtas le P.ie. Ba mhaith liom cupán seacláid te a bhronnadh duit;

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 800px-Hot_chocolate

Céad míle fáilte arís!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:23 am

Thug mé faoi deara go bhfuil saoránach nua againn - Rahood! Céad míle fáilte go Náisiún Máisin, an tuath nua. I mo thuairmse, beidh tú sár-mhaith mar scríbhneoir seo! Anois, tá sé in am do chéad cupán tae mar phostaer seo....

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 AAAAAiHVyMUAAAAAAPBd5A

Machine Nation is a learning community focused on areas of exploration such as the economy, environment, the Irish political system and culture. We aim for this exploration to be done in a reasonable and high-minded manner. If this is in anyway lacking, I direct you to the Global Moderators who are there to see that you are put to rights.

Céad míle fáilte arís! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 pm

I may have signed in before, I can't remember.
I'm a refugee from the other place. It used to be such a nice neighbourhood until all those undesirables moved in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Qu1zMaster wrote:
I'm a refugee from the other place. It used to be such a nice neighbourhood until all those undesirables moved in.
Céat míle fáilte ar ais, arís a Qhu1zmhaistir!

And that's the limit of my Irish. Undesirables on p.ie now? Has there been an overflow of disruptive types? I think the number of people on there regularly has gone from 30/35 per day to about 60 if I remember right and there's a lot of people who read the place too still. I find it a bit peevish at times though so that's something that won't last long over here. We're all bloody adults aren't we?

Still there's a lot of anger out there that needs to be expressed and maybe there is the place but I don't know if it's going to slip into becoming BileCentral.com (kneecapping Gormley because of a different toilet took the biscuit - FG should moderate their own members as should FF etc. - Bring back the political avatars I say!)

Anyway do stick around here if you can - it's slow but good. The more good ones here the less bad ones. We are all mods here, nearly.

Check out our link on the right - worldometers.org - statistics to make you smile, laugh, cry Very Happy and we have RSS feeds on loads of newspapers on the left and some tech and news and science feeds on the top! Loads of nerd fun!

And why don't you enter your sandwich recipe on our 1000 Sandwiches thread - it's an icebreaker too but you're not shy, sher yer not?

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:24 pm

You are most welcome Qu1zMaster. I hope that you find good refuge here and most important of all good debate, discussion and community.

We seem to be doing very well on the exile front lately.

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 PouringTea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Quizmaster, it's great to have you here. I'll be looking forward to seeing you get stuck in. You're good for a decent argument if I recall correctly. You're very welcome indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:32 pm

cactus flower wrote:

A nice mug of tea for you Lukedelmege

...and one for you ballinasloe.

Hope you enjoy posting here. Our Charter is linked on the home page. You're welcome to pm a mod or post in the Comments thread if you've got any questions.

Cheers Very Happy
I'll add my word of welcome, and ask if it's just me or do those mugs of tea look like they're different colours? Same source, so it's prob just me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:36 pm

To all the new arrivals, particularly the "refugees", a very warm welcome. I am sure you will find this a more refined and genteel forum in which to debate and discuss whatever stimulates your interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 Cup-and-cake

Your very welcome Rahood. Tea and cake for you.

I wish you many happy posts on Machine Nation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 am

Qu1zMaster wrote:

*claims credit for our new arrival*

Do I get some of his tea? Like as a commission or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 1:52 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Qu1zMaster wrote:

A tea cake for you evercloserunion:

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 Teapot_cake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 2:40 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Qu1zMaster wrote:

Hey, I'm having a cuppa myself so I'll get you a cup as well since you deserve it.

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 Colour-matching-tea-and-coffee-mugs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 25 CupOfTea

Cup of tea, theworldismyidea ? You're very welcome here. And also kingkane, graachi and mairteenpak.

Good to see you all. Auditor #9 or Ard Taoiseach will be along later to give you the Welcome Speech.

The Charter is in the Site Development forum. The Mods are all friendly.

More tea ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:17 am

What's all this about refugees, has P.ie crashed again? Or are they just virtual migrants, sponging off the sweat and toil of the original, real refugees?

Coming over here, drinking our tea... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:26 am

905 wrote:
What's all this about refugees, has P.ie crashed again? Or are they just virtual migrants, sponging off the sweat and toil of the original, real refugees?

Worry not 905, your tea will be especially looked after. Nodding heads and all that. cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:36 am

905 wrote:

I think they got stuck trying to get in over the last while, and Auditor #9 just prized the door open and let them in. It happened to me when I was first here, but not for so long I don't think. I hope they are still O.K. after their ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 25 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next