Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes Empty
PostSubject: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:21 am

As I can dance as good as a tree I think these are waltzes anyway ! When I get married eventually I hope to have a selection of these played at my wedding. I also have a selection for the church - unusual for a man eh? Yeah 'Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter' by Iron Maiden is one and 'This is the End' by the Doors the other.

REM - Try not to Breathe

The Sundays (live and poor-ish) - I kicked a boy

Jeff Buckley - Grace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siNsgbIWhAQ&feature=related

Nelly Furtado - Back in God's Hands

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:27 am

Our first dance

Band crucified it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:42 am

Rod is always good isn't he?

Avril Lavigne - I'm with You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW2LTnzD-vE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:45 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Avril Lavigne - I'm with You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW2LTnzD-vE

Avril Lavigne, ih, ih, ih!!! No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:49 am

I took my niece to see Avril Lavigne in the Point a couple of years ago - her first communion present - and she sang her little heart out. Her eight year old little self stood up and belted out the hits. I do like that song

Prefer this one though - for bopping around the kitchen to...

When my sister plays this - 4 sisters and 7 kids go mad

(the latter usually by leaving the room...)

.Dance like a tree to this one, Audi. I dare you

You too, AT.
Snob

Last edited by Kate P on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:50 am

This one

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:52 am

Kate P wrote:
I took my niece to see Avril Lavigne in the Point a couple of years ago - her first communion present - and she sang her little heart out. Her eight year old little self stood up and belted out the hits. I do like that song

Prefer this one though - for bopping around the kitchen to...

When my sister plays this - 4 sisters and 7 kids go mad

(the latter usually by leaving the room...)

[url=Let me die a young man's death]Dance like a tree to this one, Audi. I dare you[/url]

You too, AT.
Snob.

Maybe if I was an eight year-old girl, I'd understand the appeal. Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:14 am

The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:18 am

How about this?

I quite like the Saw Doctors, they've a great rythym and come into their own in concert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:19 am

Is it a waltz?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:23 am

This came out when I was in school. You could be guaranteed to be able to round a corner and join in a bar that someone else was singing.

The glory of her ass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am

Quickstep I think. Definitely not a waltz.

slow, slow, quick, quick, slow, slow...

Yep. It's a quickstep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:51 am

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:57 am

That's one of my favourite songs, Audi. Love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:01 am

Well I'll have to say goodnight too... see yez all tomorrow some time

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptyWed May 28, 2008 3:53 am

Is this a waltz? The Stranglers 'Golden Brown'

A right bandwidth eater - The Corrs 'Runaway', live and sounding good. Is it a waltz?

Billy Joel's Pianoman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ1_M_L_RSI

Del Amitri - Nothing Ever Happens. Hardly a waltz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:26 pm

Tom Waits - Innocent When You Dream - Could you waltz to this?

Is this a waltz? Beth Orton, Sweetest Decline.

What's the use in regrets
They're just things we haven't done yet
What are regrets?
They're just lessons we haven't learned yet

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:29 pm

This definitely is - David Gray, Debauchery

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Tom Waits is definitely a waltz - and he did a stunning version of this last Friday night on the piano.

Beth Orton is not; it's a slow, two-footed, slow-set plod around the dance floor.

David Gray (great song), is a waltz, though you'd want to be light-footed enough to get around to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:24 pm

If you're not sure Audi, if a tune is a waltz or not, trying singing the chorus of this along to the beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjtMJ14gzc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 pm

Kate P wrote:
If you're not sure Audi, if a tune is a waltz or not, trying singing the chorus of this along to the beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjtMJ14gzc

Ah that brings back memories - something from Annie next please.

Now couldn't a waltz be the right time but a slower or faster tempo if that's the right lingo? The Beth Orton one I think I could tap to oom pah pah but at a different rate to the David Gray Debauchery one. Oom pah pah could be somewhere in between...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Turn Beth on loud and you'll notice that you'll sway from side to side slowly as you listen to it - oom pah, oom pah.

I've tried waltzing to this but it doesn't work.

Play Oliver again and you'll find yourself tapping your left hand one and right hand twice on the table; left, right, right; oom pah pah.

There's no inbetween - it's very distinct, though, as you say, the tempo can vary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:56 pm

That's funny because I can nearly waltz to every song I hear. Now, I am getting the same beat from all three of those songs up there except the Tom Waits one needs to be speeded up a bit to fit the lyrics in going from one to the other...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Quote :
That's funny because I can nearly waltz to every song I hear. Now, I am getting the same beat from all three of those songs up there except the Tom Waits one needs to be speeded up a bit to fit the lyrics in going from one to the other...

This is the key word, Audi. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Perhaps this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmlJQN5Pm8&feature=related

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PUaoaPnpg&feature=related

Most get around to a thread on more edgy music. Or music that was revolutionary, that changed musical direction?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes   Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock n Roll n Pop Waltzes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next