Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.   Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Instructions for you:

Have you any windows open?
If you have, lift up laptop and f*ck out open window.

johnfas' instructions above - r-clickdesktop, properties, settings - what are the settings there? 560 X 780 or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.   Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm stunned - this is the machine nation and you (collectively) have failed at the first challenge!

I have to work now but will be back after a while to bring further suspense to this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.   Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm

Kate P wrote:
I'm stunned - this is the machine nation and you (collectively) have failed at the first challenge!

I have to work now but will be back after a while to bring further suspense to this thread.
Grrr! Have you given us the simple screen print? no. What's stopping you from saving it on a floppy or usb and loading it into your VAIO eh?

It's hard to imagine what the problem is from your description but I'm guessing the window is off the screen down to the bottom right-hand corner? Can you not move your mouse to a corner until you get the shrink arrows and progressively move it and shrink it til you see something?

I can't think of anything besides the screen settings and if that's not responding then your graphics card is fried. Maybe you put a new OS on it lately?

If you want to do a real project then download ubuntu and we'll install that on it, ok? (it will be quicker than fixing this heap of s&**% with windows on it)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.   Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Grrr! Have you given us the simple screen print? no. What's stopping you from saving it on a floppy or usb and loading it into your VAIO eh?

It's hard to imagine what the problem is from your description but I'm guessing the window is off the screen down to the bottom right-hand corner? Can you not move your mouse to a corner until you get the shrink arrows and progressively move it and shrink it til you see something?

I can't think of anything besides the screen settings and if that's not responding then your graphics card is fried. Maybe you put a new OS on it lately?

If you want to do a real project then download ubuntu and we'll install that on it, ok? (it will be quicker than fixing this heap of s&**% with windows on it)

I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.   Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread for testing out stuff you might learn in the Toolbox.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2