Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation Empty
PostSubject: Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation   Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:10 pm

I am baffled by these judges who suggest parties try to settle their differences after a lead up of 4 years to a court date.

The cynical side of me says the Judge does not want the hassle of hearing the case and making a ruling.

The kind side of me says the judge looks down, sees the expensive senior counsels, and decides he/she wants to save the clients from their own legal teams.

Either way there are some serious flaws in the system.
It should not take 5 SCs to tell you that there is a big risk involved.
You should also not have to risk financial ruin to go to Court in a land dispute case.
Cases should not be kept out of court because they have to wait behind cases which should be settled already.

I suggest that there should be compulsory mediation in all suitable disputes and Judges should be prohibited form suggesting that the parties go outside the court to try and settle meatters.

Brinkmanship should be dead. When your case is called on that should be it - chips on the table, hands behind the line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation   Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Did mr kenny take a chariot and four white horses onto said land before he made an official claim to it? Did he farm the land and drive his stock onto it too?

Ah Brehon law was so much more fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation   Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Ah Brehon law. Best was the law about dog-shite. Apparantly you could sue your neighbours if their mutt dirtied your lawn. You could demand the equivilant weight of the scat in cheese. I'd love to see the five SCs looking into that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation   Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 6:02 pm

905 wrote:
Ah Brehon law. Best was the law about dog-shite. Apparantly you could sue your neighbours if their mutt dirtied your lawn. You could demand the equivilant weight of the scat in cheese. I'd love to see the five SCs looking into that.

I like it. Though i'd pity the fella who'd have to weigh it. I just hope they leave one receptacle on that weighing scales for dog do only, and not mix and match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation   Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:25 pm

riadach wrote:
905 wrote:

I like it. Though i'd pity the fella who'd have to weigh it. I just hope they leave one receptacle on that weighing scales for dog do only, and not mix and match.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation   Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Kenny's Case - Compulsory Mediation
Page 1 of 1