Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:48 am

ibis wrote:
johnfás wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Nigerian Guinness is nice, but weird. It tastes more like bitter than stout for some reason, I'm assuming it's not the fact it's nearly 8%...

I once bought a bottle of Guinness in Africa and it was fizzy - bit of a shocker when you first took a sip.

Local African beers are delicious, but often potent.

Bottled Guinness here is fizzy, no?

It's not fizzy as such. It's not as smooth as draught, there's more of a 'cut' to it, and there isn't the nice big creamy head, but it doesn't fizz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:49 am

It fizzes, proper fizzes, when you buy it by Lake Victoria.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:49 am

I'm merging this with an Sibín Reoite...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 am

I have a nice bottle of Guinness warming as I write. Can't stand it cold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:53 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

That was a quick way of restocking the bar A-T. Smile

I hope borntorun won't lose his drink though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:55 am

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

That was a quick way of restocking the bar A-T. Smile

Oh indeed. It was part of a recapitalisation package I've organised for an Sibín to ensure (un)healthy levels of liquidity into the Christmas period!

Quote :
I hope borntorun won't lose his drink though.

Nope, as the post is here on the thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:03 pm

bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:24 pm

'scuse me but i've a confession to make. I love the 'bounce' icon but have never understood what it's meant to convey Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 pm

I always just presumed bouncing, which surely is an emotion in itself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Bump...with an air of impatience. CF is a tough taskmistress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Sometimes it means excitement Very Happy

evercloserunion is right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm

ibis wrote:
Bump...with an air of impatience. CF is a tough taskmistress.

In the context in which you describe that is an accurate assessment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 pm

I just thought that everybody looked as though they needed a drink Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:34 pm

cactus flower wrote:

You read my mind! What's everyone having, I feel I might have a glass of wine. Beethoven's 9th Symphony is playing out of the tab next to MN on my browser. Ein bisschen Gewurztraminer werde prima!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

You read my mind! What's everyone having, I feel I might have a glass of wine. Beethoven's 9th Symphony is playing out of the tab next to MN on my browser. Ein bisschen Gewurztraminer werde prima!

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 782592132_4bb69ee80f

coming up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:41 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 782592132_4bb69ee80f

coming up!

Danke schon mein sehr geehrte Fraulein
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:50 pm

bounce bounce bounce

A schlurp of that wine for me please! Hello Zanu-FF!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Aragon wrote:
bounce bounce bounce

Feck off Aragon. This is capitalist wine, you wouldn't like it. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Aragon wrote:
bounce bounce bounce

You're making a big mistake there, Ard-Taoiseach. Aragon is the best cook here and you may miss out on some anarchist gourmet treats if you don't treat her right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Aragon wrote:
bounce bounce bounce

Speaking of capitalism, I am, as Governor of the Central Bank of Machine Nation, underwriting this round of drinks. They come with a cast-iron AAA guarantee.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 _41032992_drinks_tray203
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:11 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Aragon wrote:
bounce bounce bounce

You're making a big mistake there, Ard-Taoiseach. Aragon is the best cook here and you may miss out on some anarchist gourmet treats if you don't treat her right.

Righteo, there's a glass up there for you Aragon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Aragon wrote:
bounce bounce bounce

Cheers AT - in the nip of time though, I was about to send my Captain Swingers round your vineyard. But I've been easily bought off... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Aragon wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Aragon wrote:
bounce bounce bounce

Cheers AT - in the nip of time though, I was about to send my Captain Swingers round your vineyard. But I've been easily bought off... Smile

You're very welcome Aragon. I'm busy exploiting my vineworkers so you're very considerate! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:23 pm

bounce Let's keep the chat going!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
bounce Let's keep the chat going!

youngdan never comes in here to drink a pint - he could always come in here and tell us where he was over the last while.

Come on youngdan, own up ! Did you go to Chicago to congratulate Obama.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: