Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

We Want You to Blog Here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:43 am

yes she just appeared in that list below i click validate and she became a user, didn't have to send an email, although i did anyway. her blog wasn't automatically created unfortunately, so i added it.

they're automatically put in the members group but i could never alter that, so you have to put her in another group, that's why i created userbloggers, but you've deleted that so you can put in which ever other group you think is right and you should be able to alter her permissions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:54 am

lostexpectation wrote:
yes she just appeared in that list below i click validate and she became a user, didn't have to send an email, although i did anyway. her blog wasn't automatically created unfortunately, so i added it.

they're automatically put in the members group but i could never alter that, so you have to put her in another group, that's why i created userbloggers, but you've deleted that so you can put in which ever other group you think is right and you should be able to alter her permissions.
just noticed that. Yes I deleted userbloggers but there was method in it.. see how you say she doesn't have permissions or powers now and that I have to put her into a group? There is another group called modbloggers or you can go ahead and create a group again called userbloggers and put her in either or both of them but I am telling you this: if there is anyone else in the group alongside her then they will both be able to edit each other's blog! No matter what permission combinations i give that particular group say you and cactus then you will always be able to interfere with the other's blog. In fact audi and lostexpectation are both in the same group now I think and I can blog on your blog and that's not right.

The solution I found is to put cactus into a group on her own... called cactus. (strangely this MN site sometimes does that automatically to individual users - it has a particular fondness for riadach for some reason ... I had to delete about 20 groups today that no one created .. the machine itself puts people into groups on what appears to be a random basis. Bugs baby, bugs.)
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 18, 2008 4:26 pm

cactus do you mind trying to blog on your blog? there should be a button on the top right hand corner to let you write a blog entry. If you can't I'll give you access in 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:47 pm

i don't know if you understand all that audi or we're abandoning sosblog for silverpond but i can't get our syndication to validate...

could you give me full admin access to the blog again, can two people have it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:02 am

Hey all. I'd really like to set up a blog here - what should I do? I like the way you guys run things here and seem to be so supportive. Great site by the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:40 am

Hi Solitaire - the blogs are at set up stage - Im not sure if they are fully operational yet. I went on a blogging course (3 hours) last week and came out sure that its not for me, but I love reading other people's blogs.

Our Charter and Rules are just drawn up so you can have a look and still make comments for the next couple of days - you will find it in the Welcome Forum - it is being translated into Irish at the moment.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm

solitaire go here and register
http://machinenation.sosblog.com/

a post back here when you just to remind me that ya have.

still need full access the blog to fix syndication problems

Last edited by lostexpectation on Sun May 25, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 25, 2008 5:26 pm

lost do you not have full access to the blog? You are admin - is that not enough? if it isn't I'll pm you the super duper secret password Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 25, 2008 5:55 pm

the system blog help now points you here http://help.sosblog.com/ and back to the forum help board...

of course when i asked about the blogs on the forum help board last week they said post on the blog help forum not the forum one

ah its still all up in the air, i don't know whether to bother to chase it up before i get a proper reply from the makers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:01 pm

What question had you for them - what did you need to do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Would we not just all set up on Wordpress or similar and link to the MN site ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 2:13 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Want You to Blog Here
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7