Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Refuge opened for Read Only

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The Refuge opened for Read Only Empty
PostSubject: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 3:14 pm

As it is an important era in our nomadic struggle, I reopened The Refuge for read only , with info. to point people here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 4:34 pm

A link would have been nice: http://www.silverpond.eu/refuge/index.php. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 5:18 pm

EV, you bastard! You're just flaunting this in the faces of people like myself who can't read.

*runs away and cries*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 6:15 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
EV, you bastard! You're just flaunting this in the faces of people like myself who can't read.

*runs away and cries*

Reminds me of my mother's brother's friend, who my mother reckons 'can't read but not sure if he can write.'

Hence I have a mental image of him sitting there after writing a letter and saying 'I haven't a clue what I've just said there' :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 6:23 pm

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

*runs away and cries*

Reminds me of my mother's brother's friend, who my mother reckons 'can't read but not sure if he can write.'

Hence I have a mental image of him sitting there after writing a letter and saying 'I haven't a clue what I've just said there' :-)

It would obviously be a torrent of abuse innocently recreated having had some sort of emotional episode having just been forced to sit through an hour of Fair City.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 6:27 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

*runs away and cries*

It would obviously be a torrent of abuse innocently recreated having had some sort of emotional episode having just been forced to sit through an hour of Fair City.

Wha, da lettaw?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Does this mean that you're not going to transfer the threads over here?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:01 am

Kate, unfortunately it is not possible to upload to the database on MNation. I think the way you're doing it now is probably the best. Apologies for that. I do feel a like bit of an ass for causing things to get split up like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:07 am

Absolutely no need to feel like an ass! You should be feeling heroic in a superhero way that you rescued us all and brought us this far.

You are our very own six million dollar man.
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:19 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Kate, unfortunately it is not possible to upload to the database on MNation. I think the way you're doing it now is probably the best. Apologies for that. I do feel a like bit of an ass for causing things to get split up like this.
You've no idea if the database here on MN can be archived? Do I need to give you a password?
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:38 am

Kate P wrote:
Absolutely no need to feel like an ass! You should be feeling heroic in a superhero way that you rescued us all and brought us this far.

Dih Dih Dih Dih Dih Dih Dih Dih
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:44 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
You've no idea if the database here on MN can be archived? Do I need to give you a password?

I think it can be archived/restored form the utils. I don't have access to that. It needs the super dee duper password
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:47 am

Batten down the hatches, I'm going in.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:50 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
Batten down the hatches, I'm going in.

lol!
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 1:05 am

Phew! I managed to remember my own password !!

I didn't go very far actually I didn't go anywhere but it shows full backup capabilities of messages and threads and all. What do I do now? Press the big red button and away we go?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 1:08 am

Ah Scaredy Cat. You'd never have GWB's job.

I'd read up on it first myself !! Any info in the forum forum ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 1:15 am

Kate P wrote:

Pfft! I don't know about you but personally I HATE EvotingMachine0197 for splitting this up like this *gestures to the OTHER website*. 
And you know I'm not one for facts and logic but I think it's logical to say that this is proof of the fact that EvotingMachine0197 broke poor old p.ie too. 
You're a monster EvotingMachine and you're worse than Hitler!

I also hate television because it's made me sing Steve Earle songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 1:29 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
Phew! I managed to remember my own password !!

I didn't go very far actually I didn't go anywhere but it shows full backup capabilities of messages and threads and all. What do I do now? Press the big red button and away we go?

Post a screenshot and let's all be responsible for blowing up the gaff.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:40 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Pfft! I don't know about you but personally I HATE EvotingMachine0197 for splitting this up like this *gestures to the OTHER website*.
And you know I'm not one for facts and logic but I think it's logical to say that this is proof of the fact that EvotingMachine0197 broke poor old p.ie too.

You don't have a monopoly on evil Mr. big Evil global empire CEO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:56 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Pfft! I don't know about you but personally I HATE EvotingMachine0197 for splitting this up like this *gestures to the OTHER website*.
And you know I'm not one for facts and logic but I think it's logical to say that this is proof of the fact that EvotingMachine0197 broke poor old p.ie too.

You don't have a monopoly on evil Mr. big Evil global empire CEO.

Oh yeah?

*pokes EVM with pointy stick*

*TWICE*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Refuge opened for Read Only   The Refuge opened for Read Only Empty

Back to top Go down

The Refuge opened for Read Only
Page 1 of 1