Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:59 am

While I would agree that ye politicians are still a tad over-remunerated, they HAVE just taken a 10% pay cut and are about to take a 9% pensions levy...two cheers (and fair play to the opposition for going along with it). The cheek of the bankers still looking for bonuses when they have caused a large proportion of the black hole and have raised the cost of government borrowing to fill the black hole, is still top of my "high velocity brick" list
Back to top Go down

Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:05 am

SOME politicians have taken a cut of 10% others a 5% (mostly FF too)

Lots however have done a Gerry Ryan on it ....

Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 Soccer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:09 am

Ye can all use my new Seán Fitzpatrick dart board if you want:

Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 Fitzpa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 am

I thought they'd all done that (various levels of volunteering) and then all been forced to take the 10% cut. But maybe that was just the Cabinet and mini-ministers, not the backbenchers and opposition. They'll all get the 9% max pensions levy, anyhoo

where do we get the darts??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:21 am

expat girl wrote:
I thought they'd all done that (various levels of volunteering) and then all been forced to take the 10% cut. But maybe that was just the Cabinet and mini-ministers, not the backbenchers and opposition. They'll all get the 9% max pensions levy, anyhoo

where do we get the darts??
Nope - I saw it in the Star last Sunday - centrefold of the Named and Shamed. Loads of them didn't comment either, some did. Pat Breen FG my local TD didn't take the cut, his comrade Joe Carey FG took 5% citing trouble in the economy. One of the FFers took the cut of 10% anyway.

They'll be screaming for cuts as they are bayonetted up the gallows stairs, those ones who were unfortunate enough not to have been put out of their misery more quickly with the guillotine which had gone blunt with nicks from over use on the tough necked c***s who are in charge of this rathole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:25 am

Print it out and put it on your wall, expat Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:32 am

Let's start with the bankers... they earn more! And we're now paying for that twice over (the actual cost of recap and the rising cost of Govt debt).

now where's me granny's knitting needles Twisted Evil

Johnfas, that dart board looks like a major seller..... how about a few more banksters/politicians and a marketing campaign!! Darts that make loud pharting noises when they hit the bullseye would be a nice touch. Oh, and since I suspect many of the worst cuts are being orchestrated by the faceless Sir Humphreys in an Roinn Airgeadais, how about their nice gold plate sign in the middle of one of dem boards?? Usually the politicians (of all stripes) are quite good at taking the sting out of the most brazen cuts, after all, they have to stand for re-election every now and then. But the current figures are panicking them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries   Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why bankers have no choice but to pay themselves massive salaries
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2