Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:16 am

Frightened Albanian wrote:

So workers rights don't apply as they can getin on the ground floor ...

Can you please reference employment law in relation to internships and also where it is being breached?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 am

like what?
Like, I don't know, sacking you?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:21 am

FA, you are clutching at straws here. There is no need to pay interns anything, in fact many interns are volunteers. These people are being paid a stipend to support them whilst interning as volunteers. There is nothing illegal there. Sorry to disappoint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:22 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Can you please reference employment law in relation to internships and also where it is being breached?

You better write to the Irish Daily Star and bring it up with the journalist Cookie. I just commend their fine sense of injustice that would campaign for the children of the ruling class on the basis taht their workers rights were being violated. that is if we are to believe Toxic and these are indeed the children of the rich.

Cookie give us a breakdown of the type of interns you have recruited so far?

Last edited by Frightened Albanian on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:22 am

I can confirm, from personal experience, that 700 euro is a decent rate for an internship. There are lots of companies in Ireland that recruit and pay nothing at all for internships.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:25 am

johnfás wrote:
FA, you are clutching at straws here. There is no need to pay interns anything, in fact many interns are volunteers. These people are being paid a stipend to support them whilst interning as volunteers. There is nothing illegal there. Sorry to disappoint.
Well I have found the info interesting especially Toxics leftish view of socio-economic based nomenclature as well as the admission that only the children of the elites work for Libertas as interns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:27 am

cookiemonster wrote:

You better write to the Irish Daily Star and bring it up with the journalist Cookie. I just commend their fine sense of injustice that would campaign for the children of the ruling class on the basis taht their workers rights were being violated. that is if we are to believe Toxic and these are indeed the children of the rich.

I commend your ability to claim I said something I didn't. You should be a journalist...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:29 am

johnfás wrote:
Well I have found the info interesting especially Toxics leftish view of socio-economic based nomenclature as well as the admission that only the children of the elites work for Libertas as interns.

You can't exactly be a member of the oppressed masses yourself when you use words like 'nomenclature'...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:30 am

toxic avenger wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I commend your ability to claim I said something I didn't. You should be a journalist...

Frightened Albanian appears to have comprehension difficulties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:30 am

johnfás wrote:

This is ridiculous. Lots of well respected organisations offer internships. Payment ranges from nothing at all to fairly minimal expenses. Graduates are glad of the opportunity and it looks good on a cv, there is nothing illegal or unethical about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 am

toxic avenger wrote:
johnfás wrote:

You can't exactly be a member of the oppressed masses yourself when you use words like 'nomenclature'...
So the masses are uneducated too? Wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 am

cookiemonster wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Frightened Albanian appears to have comprehension difficulties.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 am

toxic avenger wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Well, I'm from a working class background, and in fact knew poverty growing up for periods of time, but I managed to get through university in one piece and all. I never knew, going to school on a pretty rough English council estate as I did, anyone use the term 'nomenclature'. I doubt, if you went to the school I did, you'd have survived long if you did...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:34 am

toxic avenger wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Well, I'm from a working class background, and in fact knew poverty growing up for periods of time, but I managed to get through university in one piece and all. I never knew, going to school on a pretty rough English council estate as I did, anyone use the term 'nomenclature'. I doubt, if you went to the school I did, you'd have survived long if you did...
You are wildly speculating . Back on topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:41 am

toxic avenger wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
johnfás wrote:

You are wildly speculating . Back on topic.
Nomenclature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:36 am

Toxic you make me sad, so much rhetoric so little to back it up.
This idea that workers can not speak english well is ridiculous man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:43 am

Don't cry for me, Mr. Albanian...

This is your way of arguing, to make out people say things they didn't? Don't do that, I don't want to think badly of you when I see your nomenclature...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:56 am

toxic avenger wrote:
Don't cry for me, Mr. Albanian...

This is your way of arguing, to make out people say things they didn't? Don't do that, I don't want to think badly of you when I see your nomenclature...

I think you dug your own hole there.

what about the other party wanting to run in all countries for Europe the "New Europeans"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:58 am

and they have lizards on their homepage
Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 NWR_homepage_los-4

web site
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 am

I think you dug your own hole there.
Nomenclature.

Quote :
what about the other party wanting to run in all countries for Europe the "New Europeans"?
Just as wrong-headed as Libertas, they actually believe the beast can be tamed. Rookie mistake...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:20 am

toxic fishing personal info me thinks