Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Dubai... they'll have a property crash as well soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Build a new island due south, off the Bay of Biscay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Too rough in the Bay of Biscay. Let's drive the Mafia out of Sicily... I knew the Limerick gangs would come in useful at some stage...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm

johnfás wrote:
Dubai... they'll have a property crash as well soon.

They already have. a colleague was trhere 2 weeks ago. Nothing happening on the sites. He was assured it was no seasonal lull.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Invest in Dubai.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Build an island?
Suppose we could. We have the abilities anyway.

Jaysus, we used to be great builders back in the day. I remember back in the heady days of 2007 we were building everywhere, great big yokes.... drunken

Last edited by eoinmn on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 8:19 pm

How about using the money that the National Lottery has to buy EuroMillions tickets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 pm

eoinmn wrote:
How about using the money that the National Lottery has to buy EuroMillions tickets?

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 pm

eoinmn wrote:

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 12:53 am

Brian Cowen for Taoiseach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:08 am

We could all get along to the coast with our oars, and row our way south to the Canaries?
At least we'd have some sunshine with our economic woes.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:11 am

We could sell Sligo to the USA for 20 Billion and rename it East Manhattan.

This would give us dosh and fix our construction slump in one go.

Edit: The Russians did it ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:25 am

125% income and property tax applied retrospectively for all former Taoisigh, if they have grandchildren called Jay and Rocco
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 am

Get massive corporations that are still profitable to sponsor stretches of our roads and road signs!

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Carlow10

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Signki10

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 M1_1_10

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 am

Can't we hypnotize everybody into being confident and believing that things are getting better? If it works in only half the attempts, then the economy is saved...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:41 am

toxic avenger wrote:
Can't we hypnotize everybody into being confident and believing that things are getting better? If it works in only half the attempts, then the economy is saved...

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Biffo

lookintomyeyeslookintomyeyesdon'tlookaroundtheyeslookintomyeyesthreetwo,one,you'reunder...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 am

I have confidence in the future. What is the point in not having.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:04 am

johnfás wrote:

Having a bout of optimism johnfás? It'll quickly be dispelled by a look at the end of primetime this evening
http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0127/primetime_av.html?2481977,null,230
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 am

Sure he's only talking about the next few years. I'm 23, I'm hopefully still going to be living for another sixty years or so. I'm optimistic things won't stagnate throughout my life. Sixty years ago the world was only just recovering from WW2 and the computer was barely invented.

Last edited by johnfás on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 am

johnfás wrote:

That's because you believe God will save you. I've only got a Taoiseach FFS. Your God beats my Taoiseach any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
johnfás wrote:

That's because you believe God will save you. I've only got a Taoiseach FFS. Your God beats my Taoiseach any day.

If it is any consolation we pray for your Taoiseach most weeks Razz.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:19 am

johnfás wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Everything helps !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:20 am

johnfás wrote:
Sure he's only talking about the next few years. I'm 23, I'm hopefully still going to be living for another sixty years or so. I'm optimistic things won't stagnate throughout my life. Sixty years ago the world was only just recovering from WW2 and the computer was barely invented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 am

johnfás wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Well that's proof right there.

I know ... We should boost our tourism sector a bit more by following this plan !!! Paris and San Diego have Disneyland and we could have this ...

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Nasmith-concept1

BAG END!!! If we built it then maybe all the children would leave Disneylands all over the planet to see Bilbo's place.

Why stop at Bag End ??!! We could and should go on to construct the entirety of Hobbiton and then get people to sit around all day smoking weed out of pipes etc. There would be bonus salaries for people who would be brave enough to go around without shoes and cultivate feet-hair. In fact I don't understand why we wouldn't make lazy fukcers on the dole just do this work for us for free.

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Hobbiton

Maybe we should go the whole hog and build Swan Ships near the Havens too. All this might work over around East Clare where they were going to put up some turbines that would have generated free electricity after 5 years, and saved the following: 6billion tons of co2, 8400 deaths from co2-related industries, 69904 animals from co2-related deaths, several dozen local people from cancerous tumors suspected to have come from hightension cables, and more but the locals objected on aesthtetic grounds.

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 TN-Aqualonde

I know the Government and the IDA won't do this though Crying or Very sad

They'll be sorry ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 am

Wow. I don't know which pitcher is the most fantastical best.

The third one I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis   Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Really Stupid Ideas for Solving the Crisis
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next