Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

qtman leaving p.ie

Go down 
AuthorMessage

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:24 am

I've just read a thread where he has decided to abandon politics.ie . I always admired his contribution on p.ie threads as both a witty and intelligent poster. Perhaps we should offer him membership of here, as he is exactly the kind of poster that would suit our lackadaisical atmosphere? What think ye?
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:31 am

riadach wrote:
I've just read a thread where he has decided to abandon politics.ie . I always admired his contribution on p.ie threads as both a witty and intelligent poster. Perhaps we should offer him membership of here, as he is exactly the kind of poster that would suit our lackadaisical atmosphere? What think ye?

Er...I have done so, actually. I didn't think to check with everyone else. Sad
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 am

ibis wrote:
riadach wrote:

Er...I have done so, actually. I didn't think to check with everyone else. Sad

No harm. Fools seldom differ as they say.

As long as pj never finds this site, or twtone, I don't think it will ever make that much of a difference.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:34 am

I did about two weeks ago Sad

He's intelligent and on the ball, disagree with him or not.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 am

As a matter of interest, what do we do if we do start to attract the real trolls? Can they be cast into the outer darkness - or will that just lead to them re-registering again and again? Is there a 'global ignore' option?
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:46 am

ibis wrote:
As a matter of interest, what do we do if we do start to attract the real trolls? Can they be cast into the outer darkness - or will that just lead to them re-registering again and again? Is there a 'global ignore' option?

Did dante assign any circle of hell to them?
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:47 am

ibis wrote:

Simple, us Mods can just delete their posts until they get tired and feck off.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:48 am

I would love to have qtman here on Machine Nation. If there's to be a vote, I vote for him to be let in. A fine addition to this place we would have.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:07 am

He started good threads and was a tenacious debater and a man of conviction. The thread he put up recently about the county plan was one I'd read. I also learned some things about Teacher's Unions or whatever you call those bloodsuckers that I - teacher's council - have to sign up with now. Or the ESOT of ESB thread of late - that was a good one too.

He's better off elsewhere. If politics.ie is treating the likes of him poorly as tonys says then something has slipped ..
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:12 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

He's better off elsewhere. If politics.ie is treating the likes of him poorly as tonys says then something has slipped ..

And we must remember that P.ie's difficulty is Machine Nation's opportunity!
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:13 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
He started good threads and was a tenacious debater and a man of conviction. The thread he put up recently about the county plan was one I'd read. I also learned some things about Teacher's Unions or whatever you call those bloodsuckers that I - teacher's council - have to sign up with now. Or the ESOT of ESB thread of late - that was a good one too.

Don't start me! A common thread that I feel connects some recent outings is that the people they have been done to are mostly on the wrong side of Libertas' fence - while outings have happened before, Dave used to come down on them rather heavily, and this has not been the case where people are on the 'wrong' side (this is also what amuses me about his stance as champion of free speech) - a good example is the JohnMcGuirk outing of a couple of posters, where it was theBear who tidied up, not Dave.

That could be paranoia, of course - an alternative view is that he simply hasn't been paying the site as much attention as before, so trolls and muppets have abounded.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:25 am

Outings are bad bad bad. I'm going to steal a piece of qtman's parting post and write it into the charter here. Even in digital death his influence may live on ..

qtman wrote:
A persons identity should never enter debate, unless they choose to introduce it themselves, particularly when the political community in Ireland is relatively small.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:50 am

Any link to this, guys?

He will be a loss to p.ie - and it would be great to see him here.

Did he reply to any of the invitations?
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:55 am

Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

I can't say that I blame him. I've posted there very little since it came back up - I just lurk while ibis and He3 keep slogging it out.

Absence made the heart lose interest, it seems.

Hopefully we'll eventually get the depth of debate here that has been a feature of p.ie in the past but without the loonies and the trolls.
Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:15 am

Well I'm going to email him today anyway.

I hope this place might be starting to evolve towards that depth of debate your talking about there Kate - we have a nice balance of flippancy and seriousness at the moment ... qtman would be a very good addition if he joined.

And I've been doing the same with p.ie too lately, just lurking. And I'm doing less of that now that the Tribunal/Bertie threads have been censorised.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 am

Qtman would be a great catch. He's been on P.ie like forever. Can't believe he's leaving, yet he has been attracting an awful lot of stupid slagging lately, as opposed to debate. Hopefully he'll be along soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

qtman leaving p.ie Empty
PostSubject: Re: qtman leaving p.ie   qtman leaving p.ie Empty

Back to top Go down

qtman leaving p.ie
Page 1 of 1