Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:23 pm

That's alright - the insults were very enjoyable, if a bit of a giveaway after the 'fur coat and no knickers' remark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Woo, our first slagging match!

Dear Cactus Flower,
PETA always drove me up the wall, but leaving aside the whole issue of fur-wearing morals, has anyone ever reacted badly to the sight of you parading the streets with half of the Animals of Farthing Wood on your back? I 'd have thought it was publically taboo to wear fur in this day and age. I ask merely for information.
Le meas
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Feck and damn. Ye got me there. Mad
And there's me telling the kids this morning not to fall for any funny stuff.
I was genuinely concerned about the whole affair, thinking Cactus had taken a sense vacation.
Oh well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:08 pm

905 wrote:
Woo, our first slagging match!

Dear Cactus Flower,
PETA always drove me up the wall, but leaving aside the whole issue of fur-wearing morals, has anyone ever reacted badly to the sight of you parading the streets with half of the Animals of Farthing Wood on your back? I 'd have thought it was publically taboo to wear fur in this day and age. I ask merely for information.
Le meas

It is becoming a little more common, and Vard no longer has the shutters down all the time as they did in the 80s....but I believe the shops still stock red paint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Wow, that was very convincing. Fair play lads/ladies. You had me there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:36 pm

ibis wrote:
That's alright - the insults were very enjoyable, if a bit of a giveaway after the 'fur coat and no knickers' remark.

Glad you enjoyed the cat fight cat cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:41 pm

cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the cat fight cat cat

Well, I'd imagine cactus flower lives up to their name in real life. While being beautiful, colourful and appealing, they are nonetheless possessed with a prickly under-current which can strike at any time. A portentious milieu, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm confused, so where does everyone stand on fur? Or do we stand anywhere? What am I missing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 pm

905 wrote:
I'm confused, so where does everyone stand on fur? Or do we stand anywhere? What am I missing?

I think it was -ahem -an april fools job - I think - a very inhouse insider Aprils fools joke - ie if you weren't in the know - you wouldn't know it was an Aprils fools gig.

Still I suppose whatever floats yer boat I guess.

BTW - I have no problem with anybody wearing fur as long as they have to use and eat the rest of the animal it came from.

I hate waste and just using the fur is wasteful and a disrespect to the animal - my bug bear at the moment is the senseless chopping off of sharks tops fins for Asian soups and throwing the animal, still alive back into the sea. Got in a mighty row in Shanghai towards the end of last year after we were brought out to dinner in a swanky restaurant and this concoction was top of the menu - disgraceful carry on and so wasteful

Thats is what will doom us humans in the end - we are so wasteful and spendthrift with the resources and world around us

on that grumpy note I will get back into my box now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
In my defense, we don't tolerate this kind of silly nonsense where I come from.

Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 Colonel

Too many innocent people get hurt. Yeah, I'm playing the wounded victim card. My honour demands apologies and compensation for loss of face in public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm

That was convincing there - it prompted me to want to unleash one of my personal photos of me at home on you cactus

Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 Animalliberationfront2

Auditor at home with Woody, Sniffer and John

I was thinking of making an Animal Liberation Front section down in the Agriculture forum but now maybe that's not such a good idea

http://www.directactionireland.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
A portentious milieu, I'm sure.

Oooh that sentence just rolls off the tongue with sublime ease.

I have to say I LOVE the feeling of fur. But I could never forget how it cam to be a coat or hat. I'm all for eskimos wearing fur as they've little choice, but the idea of fur as fashion is just awful.

I once went out with a crazy animal rights girl, we liberated a couple of hundred ferretts in Meath one summer. I'm sure we did more harm to the natural environment but at least we screwed over the fur farmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:35 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I have to say I LOVE the feeling of fur. But I could never forget how it cam to be a coat or hat. I'm all for eskimos wearing fur as they've little choice, but the idea of fur as fashion is just awful.

I once went out with a crazy animal rights girl, we liberated a couple of hundred ferretts in Meath one summer. I'm sure we did more harm to the natural environment but at least we screwed over the fur farmer.

A friend of mine once served time in British jails for liberating guinea pigs.

Just come from the orangutan thread and not so sure about letting the larger mammals roam free in central Dublin. Although there have been some sightings of a very large cat down RoC's way I hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 pm

I did the same to some broiler hens too. I abandoned my rebel ways soon after we abandoned eachother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:40 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I did the same to some broiler hens too. I abandoned my rebel ways soon after we abandoned eachother.

Wimmin are a dreadful influence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ferrets once killed all my chickens, in Meath in summer too by funny coincidence. Natural environment be damned, I want retribution! Tomorrow at dawn, you choose the weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:53 pm

905 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ferrets once killed all my chickens, in Meath in summer too by funny coincidence. Natural environment be damned, I want retribution! Tomorrow at dawn, you choose the weapon.

Will be back to you soon looking for chicken advice 905 - OM is building a coop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:58 pm

I had forgotten you were a Meath man who thinks he's in the Midlands (pah!), 905.

I've occasionally seen mink here - at least that's what father-in-law says they are and he should know. They are vicious but very, very beautiful to look at.

A German guy I was in college with owned a rather dashing military-style long grey coat (he looked like something from The Eagle Has Landed) that was lined with guinea pig furs all patched together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Kate P wrote:
I had forgotten you were a Meath man who thinks he's in the Midlands (pah!), 905.

I've occasionally seen mink here - at least that's what father-in-law says they are and he should know. They are vicious but very, very beautiful to look at.

A German guy I was in college with owned a rather dashing military-style long grey coat (he looked like something from The Eagle Has Landed) that was lined with guinea pig furs all patched together.
Case of the raided pet shop solved! I bet he ate the guinea pigs, the crazy German bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:10 pm

He probably swallowed them whole and live and expertly coughed up the pelt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:41 pm

905 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Cucumbers at dawn it is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I like to speak properly, loike!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ah jaazus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ah jaazus.

Storrry bud?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out   Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fur Coat Hypocrites Found Out
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next