Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters Empty
PostSubject: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:10 pm

Low tech, high-tech, cheap tech it's all out there and everyone needs or uses a bit (no pun intended) so some of you might have something gadgety in mind for him / her /them / yourself for Christmas. We might start cheap and handy if you are thinking of buying stuff but if the cheap and handy stuff doesn't come to you then throw in the more expensive stuff. Maybe I'll make some labels for us to use ... (maybe we'll include other items too not just gadgets )

First thins is a stocking filler I picked up in a garage during the year for about €3 - it's a pocket Screwdriver with 6 double-headed bits in the handle which you can take out and clip into the top of the screwdriver. Thus it's 12 screwdrivers in one - philips and straight and what's more, the heads double as bits so I use them in a drill too. That's not a recommendation either.

Anyhow, this is the first :

Cheap - less than €10: Pocket Screwdriver with replaceable bits !

But it is only 3€ - a stocking-filler extraordinaire if there ever was one ! And I couldn't class it as rubbish either as it gets plenty of use. Plus it's pocket-sized

Cheap
Pocket sized
Low rubbush
versatile
Low energy

This one on yahoo only costs $1.67 and has 9 bits - I was ripped off !

Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters Temp35

You can't bate a yoke like that as a stocking-filler to a man who's handy or even thinks he's handy ! You could put it into a shoebox for an extra supprize !!! Smile
(should be available in all hardware shops or some garages)
Back to top Go down

Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Even a woman might like that Auditor #9. I have an Alan key for my key ring.

I would deeply appreciate some more suggestions for presents for men - I'm never quite sure that I have tuned into the right wave length.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Just one Alen key? Everything around my house is a different size, need a whole set of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:59 pm

http://www.cdwow.com/OLED-MP3-Player/product/view/3500468

Great stocking filler.

Is it showing up as 99p for most people? If not I can give you a link so that it will.

Only 128mb but it has a voice recorder, plays MP3s and has an FM Radio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:09 pm

I can hardly believe that johnfas - is it for real? It would be brilliant for loading language cds onto.

Or you could put a special mix on it and give it to someone thereby making a really special present.

Christmas presents hmm. Mary Harney - a suitcase and a one way ticket to Florida, Brian Cowen a calculator, Declan Ganley a memory-enhancing game, the Bank CEOs a presentation set of P45s....

Wishes for everyone here: Easy Christmas shopping, a brilliant Christmas day with people they like/love, an unburnt Christmas dinner, pleasant post dinner oblivion for serious digestive purposes and a good session with the best of old friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:58 pm

USB Keyboard vacuum cleaner !

Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters Usbvacuum2

Cheap Cheap Cheap - only €2 in your local €2 shop. No wonder the economy is deflating
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 pm

am smashed as just got married (last week!) cheers so we're doing "free" homemade presents. means i'll have to put a lot of effort into it rather than heading to brown thomas like i used to!!!

santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:31 pm

zakalwe wrote:
am smashed as just got married (last week!) cheers so we're doing "free" homemade presents. means i'll have to put a lot of effort into it rather than heading to brown thomas like i used to!!!

santa

Congrats again zakalwe. Very Happy

Any suggestions anyone for home-made presents ? I am potting up some holly and ivy pots from little seedlings in the garden, but would appreciate any suggestions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 5:45 pm

Congrats zakalwe.

If somebody's looking for a piggy bank buster, how about a piggy sub-prime mortgage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 5:46 pm

How about an Anglo Irish Bank share?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Congratulation zakawle!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters   Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas.  MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to  piggy bank busters Empty

Back to top Go down

Presents ! What to get him / her for Christmas. MN gift ideas - stocking-fillers to piggy bank busters
Page 1 of 1