Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Michael Crichton R.I.P.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Michael Crichton R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Michael Crichton R.I.P.   Michael Crichton R.I.P. EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 1:18 am

The man who put the science in science fiction and popularised the awareness and potentialities of the field of cloning as well making velocoraptor a household word.

Michael Crichton R.I.P. 11-crichton-450

Quote :
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Best-selling author Michael Crichton, who wrote such novels as "The Andromeda Strain" and "Jurassic Park" and created the popular TV drama "ER," has died unexpectedly of cancer at age 66, his family said on Wednesday.

Crichton, a medical doctor turned novelist and filmmaker whose books have sold more than 150 million copies worldwide, died on Tuesday in Los Angeles after what his family described as a "courageous and private battle against cancer."

"Michael's talent out-scaled even his own dinosaurs of 'Jurassic Park,'" filmmaker Steven Spielberg, who directed the blockbuster movie version of that novel and its sequel, "The Lost World," said in a statement. "He was the greatest at blending science with big theatrical concepts, which is what gave credibility to dinosaurs again walking the Earth."

Spielberg added: "Michael was a gentle soul who reserved his flamboyant side for his novels. There is no one in the wings that will ever take his place."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE4A49B420081105?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
Back to top Go down

Michael Crichton R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton R.I.P.   Michael Crichton R.I.P. EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 1:30 am

this is sad news. I have read a few Cricthon novels and have found them very enjoyable! they are very well written and researched! Sad
Back to top Go down

Michael Crichton R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1