Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The European Elections Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The European Elections Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 pm

johnfás wrote:
But wouldn't she be just great PR for them? Laughing

A friend of mine once got a phonecall from Sinnott asking her to essentially be her PA in Brussels - she ran a mile!!

Running a mile, a good career move! I cannot stand her! I have heard things from her local area, lots of people not happy about the situation there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 pm

spillercork wrote:
johnfás wrote:
But wouldn't she be just great PR for them? Laughing

A friend of mine once got a phonecall from Sinnott asking her to essentially be her PA in Brussels - she ran a mile!!

Running a mile, a good career move! I cannot stand her! I have heard things from her local area, lots of people not happy about the situation there.

I can see the match with Libertas. Did you see Declan Ganley's interview in The Hibernian? For God, Country and the American Irish Way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Does the Libertas Charter still appear on their website? It was heavily about the relationship between Europe and Christendom. I found it bizarre that David Cochrane was so involved owing to the fact that he, for a long time, prohibited discussion on faith on politics.ie. I will bear it in mind when they come looking for support from various groups of which I would have the ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 am

johnfás wrote:
Does the Libertas Charter still appear on their website? It was heavily about the relationship between Europe and Christendom. I found it bizarre that David Cochrane was so involved owing to the fact that he, for a long time, prohibited discussion on faith on politics.ie. I will bear it in mind when they come looking for support from various groups of which I would have the ear.

There was an anti-islam piece that was rewritten recently. I have a copy somewhere. Declan Ganley is very religious, very much anti abortion, a bit like european right wing Christian Democrats/Francoists ?

Is David Cochrane still so into Libertas as he was?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 am

Have you heard Declan Ganley talking about faith? I couldn't really care less what the religion of politicans are, what I am interested in is their policies. However, as a Christian, I do get slightly annoyed when people artificially try to court me based on faith politics. That is why I would be interested to hear him discuss his faith.

Being anti-abortion doesn't make you anything, I know plenty of people without faith who are anti-abortion and I know very many committed Christians who consider it the lesser of evils in certain circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 am

cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:

There was an anti-islam piece that was rewritten recently. I have a copy somewhere. Declan Ganley is very religious, very much anti abortion, a bit like european right wing Christian Democrats/Francoists ?

Is David Cochrane still so into Libertas as he was?

Interesting Cactus - Kathy Sinnott who is strongly pro-life appeared with Libertas in opposing Lisbon - however on other issues she would be in a very different camp and in fact has said that she was the person who coined the expression 'people before profit'. Keen enviornmentalist and someone I'd have a lot of time for outside her fairly conservative/traditional religious views.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:57 am

johnfás wrote:
Have you heard Declan Ganley talking about faith? I couldn't really care less what the religion of politicans are, what I am interested in is their policies. However, as a Christian, I do get slightly annoyed when people artificially try to court me based on faith politics. That is why I would be interested to hear him discuss his faith.

Being anti-abortion doesn't make you anything, I know plenty of people without faith who are anti-abortion and I know very many committed Christians who consider it the lesser of evils in certain circumstances.

Yes, I have, he does it all the time. In fact he talks more about religion than he does about his political policies.
This is a long piece about Lisbon, No and religion, that I found a bit hard to follow, but you might be interested.
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:c_lE2VmCnJgJ:cedarlounge.wordpress.com/2008/06/22/the-irish-political-landscape-post-lisbon-all-changed-changed-utterly-apparently-not/+The+Hibernian+Declan+Ganley&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=12&gl=ie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The European Elections Thread   The European Elections Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The European Elections Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2